•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Which team had the most success?
    2002 boys -Eatside
    Pretty sure that the ODP team is most of this RTC. Rightly so I would say.

Comment

2002 boys -Eatside
      Pretty sure that the ODP team is most of this RTC. Rightly so I would say.
      Eatside....oops😂

Comment

What are the chances the team was already selected before the tournament even took place?
        Well my family is taking off for a trip and it'd be nice if they announce the roster already. Maybe they have nothing better to do, but I know I sure do.

It's bad enough they have tryouts at the beginning of spring break they also lock up the last weekend with training.

How many spring breaks with your kid do get?

Comment

Well my family is taking off for a trip and it'd be nice if they announce the roster already. Maybe they have nothing better to do, but I know I sure do.

It's bad enough they have tryouts at the beginning of spring break they also lock up the last weekend with training.

How many spring breaks with your kid do get?
          That's interesting. We were talking about the exact same thing tonight. Spring break could be a great trip. Instead it's cut down by four days so my daughter doesn't miss ODP training.

Comment

That's interesting. We were talking about the exact same thing tonight. Spring break could be a great trip. Instead it's cut down by four days so my daughter doesn't miss ODP training.
            Weren't we supposed to find out by today? Will they email or call? I guess they are making us wait until the very end of the day. I keep wondering how they select the girls. If they only use the evaluations from game play in the tournament its hard to say what they liked or saw.

Comment

Probably start with the roster that they picked for the AZ tournament and then looked for girls to stand out this past weekend. Seems like they probably already knew Sunday night. Why they are waiting to post is anyone's guess.

Comment

Weren't we supposed to find out by today? Will they email or call? I guess they are making us wait until the very end of the day. I keep wondering how they select the girls. If they only use the evaluations from game play in the tournament its hard to say what they liked or saw.
                I think the 22 from the regional tournament pool are automatic (though I disagree, this was at the beginning of the season, should let everyone fight for spots equally), and then I'll bet they were looking for specific positions ONLY to round out the roster. I'm sure they had a list of the kids that were already in from regionals, and didn't even look at half of the others unless they needed that position or the player stood out immensely. It's pretty much a wasted ra ra weekend. Luckily my daughter had fun....however, I don't think the fun justifies the cost. And no, I don't think my daughter will get picked for the state pool. Stupidly didn't realize this until we were down there. If it's all my choice we would save the money next year and skip.

Comment

I think the 22 from the regional tournament pool are automatic (though I disagree, this was at the beginning of the season, should let everyone fight for spots equally), and then I'll bet they were looking for specific positions ONLY to round out the roster. I'm sure they had a list of the kids that were already in from regionals, and didn't even look at half of the others unless they needed that position or the player stood out immensely. It's pretty much a wasted ra ra weekend. Luckily my daughter had fun....however, I don't think the fun justifies the cost. And no, I don't think my daughter will get picked for the state pool. Stupidly didn't realize this until we were down there. If it's all my choice we would save the money next year and skip.
                  Honestly, there were not enough people even evaluating to be able to make decisions without previous coach input. I'm sure it's already chosen previously. I agree though, those from regionals shouldn't be shoo-ins.

Comment

Honestly, there were not enough people even evaluating to be able to make decisions without previous coach input. I'm sure it's already chosen previously. I agree though, those from regionals shouldn't be shoo-ins.

I never think the coaches seem to play enough attention if these are indeed "try outs". Maybe they are paying closer attention that they appear.

My daughter had a lot of fun and has quite a few new friends from other clubs from the weekend. Other than the obviously family-unfriendly fact it was during spring break, it was a fun weekend of soccer.

Comment

they said wednesday

Comment

really? I saw over 12 people evaluating, not including coaching staff

Comment

really? I saw over 12 people evaluating, not including coaching staff
                          You're joking, right. I was there for all 4 games my kid played in, and at the most saw 2 evaluators per game (usually same people). Maybe your games got more, but not mine. Is your kid a girl or boy?

Comment

they said wednesday
                            They told the girls by Monday night, then changed it to Tuesday. Who told you Wednesday??

Comment

they said wednesday
                              They told us Monday, then changed to Tuesday.

If they really expect kids to show up to training this weekend it would be common courtesy to let people know with reasonable notice who is on the team.

Comment

They told us Monday, then changed to Tuesday.

If they really expect kids to show up to training this weekend it would be common courtesy to let people know with reasonable notice who is on the team.
                                so by letting us know on Wednesday isn't enough time to plan for Saturday?
                                I don't know about you buy my family will not have any issues with 72 hours notice. We should be able to put our soccer stuff together by then

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X