Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Thorns are giving parents rose colored glasses now? Man, wish we had those!
    Actually heard that ECNL was handing them out in Dallas as it made the snow disappear when you wear them. They also make every player look like Mia Hamm. The problem is, the college coaches don't get them. They see through clear eyes.

Comment

Actually heard that ECNL was handing them out in Dallas as it made the snow disappear when you wear them. They also make every player look like Mia Hamm. The problem is, the college coaches don't get them. They see through clear eyes.
      Dude, seriously, give it up. These are not witty, smart or relevant. These comments can be easily turned.

"They (the coaches), may have clear eyes, but at least they will be there."

See what I mean? If you have a legitimate gripe about ECNL lets hear it. I'm sure everyone would like to discuss it. Unfortunately your rhetoric needs some fine tuning.

For the local kids doing ECNL, going to San Diego will be a great opportunity for them.

Comment

Have they announced if there will be referees?
        It will be a game time announcement. You will know when you see them take the field. Until then it's on a need to know basis.

Comment

Clubs from all over the country are coming in. Here is the current list of scouts:

https://ecnl.wufoo.com/reports/scout...201415-ecnlsd/

There are some good schools but it really seems a little thin. As I am posting this there are only 46 registered. Looking back at the archives from last year there were only about 129. That is pretty lame compared to other events and seems to be a pretty expensive proposition for most. I'm not trying to start another "hate on the ECNL" thread here but am merely noting the apparently small number of scouts that will be at the event based on those already registered and those registered last year.
          The number of schools posted is always low until about 1 week before the event. Also, there are a ton of schools that go but just don't register

Comment

The number of schools posted is always low until about 1 week before the event. Also, there are a ton of schools that go but just don't register
            Yeah because they don't want to be innundated with emails from players who are interested in them.

Comment

Dude, seriously, give it up. These are not witty, smart or relevant. These comments can be easily turned.

See what I mean? If you have a legitimate gripe about ECNL lets hear it. I'm sure everyone would like to discuss it. Unfortunately your rhetoric needs some fine tuning.

For the local kids doing ECNL, going to San Diego will be a great opportunity for them.
              That sounded pretty angry.

Comment

Still no word on whether there will be referees But that's ok. A few enterprising dads can jump in and save the day. That will be funny memories for when the kids are grown and have their own kids.

"Remember when....?"

Truly good stuff.

Comment

Ten years of youth soccer memories superseded by the memory of reffing one game. Hey, but it was worth it.

Comment

Why didn't your daughter make the travel roster for this event? You are right, fir the local kids going to San Diego, this will be a great opportunity. Should we send you and your dd a post card?

Comment

Why didn't your daughter make the travel roster for this event? You are right, fir the local kids going to San Diego, this will be a great opportunity. Should we send you and your dd a post card?
                      I'll send a postcard to with a picture of the knuckle sandwich you'll soon be eating..."

Comment

I'll send a postcard to with a picture of the knuckle sandwich you'll soon be eating..."
                        Congratulations, you win the internet tough guy of the week award.

Comment

Sure that'd be great. Waste ur money on ECNL and a stamp too. Great opportunity for what?

Comment

Sure that'd be great. Waste ur money on ECNL and a stamp too. Great opportunity for what?
                            To play soccer outside Oregon.

Comment

I've got my striped jersey, my whistle and my note pad as I plan to card the hell out of players down there. I got extra bright red and yellow cards so that everyone within a half of a mile can see them. I'm bringing my flag just in case, but I am bound and determined to be the center. No AR for me.

Comment

This thread was started 6 days ago. As of today, there are only 50 coaches registered - 4 more than 6 days ago. The event is less than 1 month away. As was already pointed out, there were only 129 coaches registered last year for San Diego. That, at least IMHO, is pretty sparse for a national ECNL event. Perhaps the location of this event should be changed. San Diego is a great location with great weather but it is one of the more expensive cities to fly into for a lot of the country - particularly those on the East coast and the eastern part of the MW.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X