Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Apparently in the most recent local even where referees were lacking, the dads stepped up. But by golly if any moms would like to take on the task, more power to you. Of course, you will be paid 20% less, equal pay for equal work hasn't hit the refereeing parent world yet.
    I know you are trying to be funny, but you are just coming off as a bigot. Stay classy my friend.

Comment

Are you inferring that moms can't do the job?

I will bring my YELLOW referees jersey and a whistle.
      You just ruined TA-football-dad-who's-dd-plays-soccer' day.

Comment

Have they announced if there will be referees?
        No need. Unlike Timbers players, ECNL players know the rules and how to play the game properly.

Comment

I know you are trying to be funny, but you are just coming off as a bigot. Stay classy my friend.
          Be sure to get that bolt in your neck tightened on the way home mom.

Comment

No need. Unlike Timbers players, ECNL players know the rules and how to play the game properly.
            So the girls that are playing for Timbers teams that are better than the players in the elite club league they probably know the rules even better. Right?

Comment

So the girls that are playing for Timbers teams that are better than the players in the elite club league they probably know the rules even better. Right?
              Except that those Timbers players are only better at breaking the rules and kicking the ball looonnnnggg!!!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1488890]

Scouts are for other sports. Note that colleges are represented by head coaches or assistant coaches. Colleges register so that they can get the resume of each player that had planned to attend. You also receive a lot of other stuff. It's silly to think they don't register because they don't want an e-mail flood. They do know how to deal with that.
                Sometimes they just don't register until they get there, we have had that experience before. My daughter would send the coaches of schools she was interested in her schedule for events even if there were not registered just in case they were going. For San Diego there are a couple schools that has told her and some of her team mates they will be there and they are not listed either. I don't know what the reason is, just stating we have had this experience.

Comment

Except that those Timbers players are only better at breaking the rules and kicking the ball looonnnnggg!!!!!
                  I think that thread about meds and how someone stopped taking them is talking about you.

Comment

Have they announced if there will be referees?
                    No official announcement as of yet.

Comment

No official announcement as of yet.
                      No snow in the forecast.

Comment

No snow in the forecast.
                        And no real competitive soccer in the Thorns Academy and/or OYSA forecast either...

Comment

If you know how to properly play the game you don't need referees. Period.

Comment

If you know how to properly play the game you don't need referees. Period.
                            Exactly, if only the EPL could get their players on track.

Comment

And no real competitive soccer in the Thorns Academy and/or OYSA forecast either...
                              However there is wasteful spending by parents with rose colored glasses in the foreseeable future.

Comment

However there is wasteful spending by parents with rose colored glasses in the foreseeable future.
                                Thorns are giving parents rose colored glasses now? Man, wish we had those!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X