Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

April ECNL Event - San Diego

Clubs from all over the country are coming in. Here is the current list of scouts:

https://ecnl.wufoo.com/reports/scout...201415-ecnlsd/

There are some good schools but it really seems a little thin. As I am posting this there are only 46 registered. Looking back at the archives from last year there were only about 129. That is pretty lame compared to other events and seems to be a pretty expensive proposition for most. I'm not trying to start another "hate on the ECNL" thread here but am merely noting the apparently small number of scouts that will be at the event based on those already registered and those registered last year.

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1488408]Clubs from all over the country are coming in. Here is the current list of scouts:

There are some good schools but it really seems a little thin. As I am posting this there are only 46 registered. Looking back at the archives from last year there were only about 129. That is pretty lame compared to other events and seems to be a pretty expensive proposition for most. I'm not trying to start another "hate on the ECNL" thread here but am merely noting the apparently small number of scouts that will be at the event based on those already registered and those registered last]

Helpful information for those new to this: get past the numbers. Schools don't register because they don't want to be bombarded with player emails asking to be evaluated.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Clubs from all over the country are coming in. Here is the current list of scouts:

There are some good schools but it really seems a little thin. As I am posting this there are only 46 registered. Looking back at the archives from last year there were only about 129. That is pretty lame compared to other events and seems to be a pretty expensive proposition for most. I'm not trying to start another "hate on the ECNL" thread here but am merely noting the apparently small number of scouts that will be at the event based on those already registered and those registered last year.
      What are the chances for snow in SD in April?

Comment

Sure hope not! I want sun.

Comment

Helpful information for those new to this: get past the numbers. Schools don't register because they don't want to be bombarded with player emails asking to be evaluated.
          So, basicially, you are saying "we the schools, are interested in you and want you to come to our school. We want to look at girls who want to come to our school, rather than going after girls who have not interest. For us to know that, you should contact us." However, "we don't want to be bombarded with emails, so we are not going to state that we are going to the event."

Congratulations nube, you have made the dumb post of the month.

Comment

If U of O and Warner Pacific isn't going, it is obviously a suck tourney.

Comment

Have they announced if there will be referees?

Comment

They are still stuck in Dallas because of the snow storm.

Comment

Due to the lack of colleges, they are requesting that only the top players attend. Sorry Angry ECNL Poster, you and your daughter have been asked to stay home.

Comment

Scouts ?

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1488434]

There are some good schools but it really seems a little thin. As I am posting this there are only 46 registered. Looking back at the archives from last year there were only about 129. That is pretty lame compared to other events and seems to be a pretty expensive proposition for most. I'm not trying to start another "hate on the ECNL" thread here but am merely noting the apparently small number of scouts that will be at the event based on those already registered and those registered last]

Scouts are for other sports. Note that colleges are represented by head coaches or assistant coaches. Colleges register so that they can get the resume of each player that had planned to attend. You also receive a lot of other stuff. It's silly to think they don't register because they don't want an e-mail flood. They do know how to deal with that.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1488890]

Scouts are for other sports. Note that colleges are represented by head coaches or assistant coaches. Colleges register so that they can get the resume of each player that had planned to attend. You also receive a lot of other stuff. It's silly to think they don't register because they don't want an e-mail flood. They do know how to deal with that.
                      The lists are not always up to date. I doubt it is because they don't want the emails. I think it far more likely they are disorganized. Those attending this showcase will enjoy it.

Comment

No announcement yet. Most are going either way.

Comment

No announcement yet. Most are going either way.
                          Note to any dads going down, please pack your striped shirts and bring a whistle in case they call your number. This could be your time. Don't blow it.

Comment

Note to any dads going down, please pack your striped shirts and bring a whistle in case they call your number. This could be your time. Don't blow it.
                            Are you inferring that moms can't do the job?

I will bring my YELLOW referees jersey and a whistle.

Comment

Are you inferring that moms can't do the job?

I will bring my YELLOW referees jersey and a whistle.
                              Apparently in the most recent local even where referees were lacking, the dads stepped up. But by golly if any moms would like to take on the task, more power to you. Of course, you will be paid 20% less, equal pay for equal work hasn't hit the refereeing parent world yet.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X