Girls 02 Rankings

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both leagues have great teams and dead weight. Hopefully things will come back together soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      At the 2001 age level it is very clear that 70% of the talent is in OYSA.

FC Portland played OYSA and finished 4th. Thusc is probably 8th or 9th place team in the state, if there was a unified league they would be facing relagation to the minors.

There are some high profile transfers rumored leaving the fc, wusc and thusc teams next year and I haven't heard anyone that wants to drop seven to ten grand to fly all over the country with these unsucessful teams and lose.
      Yet more made up "facts". And the rumors are just that. Keep stirring. Too bad your DD's team won't exist two weeks from now...

Comment

Yet more made up "facts". And the rumors are just that. Keep stirring. Too bad your DD's team won't exist two weeks from now...
        Where did FC finish in OYSA 01?

Comment

Where did FC finish in OYSA 01?
          4th place.

Comment

We don't care about FCP 01 on this thread. Let's talk about 02s.

Comment

FC Portland played OYSA and finished 4th. Thusc is probably 8th or 9th place team in the state, if there was a unified league they would be facing relagation to the minors.

There are some high profile transfers rumored leaving the fc, wusc and thusc teams next year and I haven't heard anyone that wants to drop seven to ten grand to fly all over the country with these unsucessful teams and lose.
              We've all heard that the 01s are struggling, but this is the 02 thread.

Comment

Again, at 02 age this is all meaningless. Crazy newbie parents. Come back in three years and tell me where everyone is ranked. LOL.

Comment

4th place.
                  3rd place with 1 loss

Comment

No struggle except the one where the Alliance clubs are struggling to keep girls from leaving in droves. Fact. Just ask WashT, ET, and WT

Comment

3rd place with 1 loss
                      And FCP has a decent shot at winning The OYSA state Cup so I'm withholding judgement.

Comment

No struggle except the one where the Alliance clubs are struggling to keep girls from leaving in droves. Fact. Just ask WashT, ET, and WT
                        I don't know why that is a bad thing. This seems to come up a lot as if it is bad to lose top players to the top programs in the area. I would hope that would be the main objective of each club.
                        I have two DD's that play for Washington Timbers and they recommend players to ECNL and the PTFC Academies/Thorns. Why is that bad?
                        I for one am happy that one of my DD's is playing in the Academy because of it. The clubs that hoard players are the ones that are failing your child. I would look for a club that wants to push your child to the next level.

Comment

I don't know why that is a bad thing. This seems to come up a lot as if it is bad to lose top players to the top programs in the area. I would hope that would be the main objective of each club.
                          I have two DD's that play for Washington Timbers and they recommend players to ECNL and the PTFC Academies/Thorns. Why is that bad?
                          I for one am happy that one of my DD's is playing in the Academy because of it. The clubs that hoard players are the ones that are failing your child. I would look for a club that wants to push your child to the next level.
                          If that behavior is a good thing then why is accepting new players at the top programs considered a bad thing?

Comment

That is great that they recommended players and the way it should be.

Comment

Development has been pretty close at OYSA and OPL teams up to now. OYSA has brought in better raw talent so they look a lot better results-wise.

You will do fine in either. OYSA teams will win a lot more. ecnl teams will lose a lot more and it will cost more. Development will be pretty close either way.
                              If you have the $8000+ per year, playing for FC Portland or CU will be a fine choice. If you don't have that kind of money you can do just fine any many clubs.

Comment

FCPortland actually came in third in the OYSA this spring.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X