Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'll agree with you to a point...I have friends who are THUSC parents and are just like any other soccer parent. Competitive but rational. Where I disagree is if you have been on this board further back then the whole ECNL thing, the reputation of THUSC parents is not a new thing...now perhaps it is only one or two patents, but with ECNL and Angry ECNL poster we witnessed a chorus of voices telling AP to tone it down because he was making everyone look bad. I have never seen the same kind of comment from THUSC.

They seem to accept the comments, and unfortunately by accepting them they paint themselves with the same brush.
    Do you know how stupid you sound? You are making generalizations about a hundreds of families and probably a thousand people based on anonymous posts on a forum. Can you possibly see how asinine this is? If is obviously people troll this forum constantly. They impersonate people and clubs. They work people up and unfortunately foolish people like yourself start making ignorant generalizations.

The better thing to do is walk out on a field and greet some of these families you are generalizing about. Talk to them. You will probably find they are just like you. They love their kids and want to see them do well. They will cheer when their team does well. They may complain when one of their kids is fouled. The same as any parent.

If you really step back and think about it, these trolls are likely related to clubs or work for them. Years ago WST was caught outright lying about a THUSC issue and had to issue an apology on these forums. I don't remember what it was but it was a big deal. Go ahead and say something negative about FC Portland and you will get a response within minutes. The same with THUSC. Look at the number of personal attacks on Tom and Fraser. Those two are called out more than anyone else. Their names are drug up constantly on this site. Do you think it's THUSC parents making these posts? Does that make any sense? Do you think it is right to call them out the way they do? I don't care who they are personally but it isn't right.

Step back and think about what you're saying. Don't make generalizations based on a constantly trolled anonymous forum.

Comment

Are they Dads?
      Probably. And any of the female refs might be moms as well. However, I doubt they are moms and dads of the players. San Diego soccer has a higher level of professionalism than Portland soccer.

Comment

Probably. And any of the female refs might be moms as well. However, I doubt they are moms and dads of the players. San Diego soccer has a higher level of professionalism than Portland soccer.
        Are the Oregon parents refging games?

Comment

The referees were a little preoccupied.

Comment

"A little help please"

Comment

If want to know why the referees were playing on the playground before the games. Not very professional in my opinion. Someone should be held accountable.

Comment

If want to know why the referees were playing on the playground before the games. Not very professional in my opinion. Someone should be held accountable.
                Those weren't the referees. Those were the flunkies from the Timbers Alliance stalking all the big kids and trying to recruit them onto their U10 bootball teams.

Comment

Those weren't the referees. Those were the flunkies from the Timbers Alliance stalking all the big kids and trying to recruit them onto their U10 bootball teams.
                  So you daughter finally found a team? Sounds great. Enjoy it for the next year or so before she quits and takes up dressing goth and stops talking to you. Poor Angry ECNL Poster, nothing is working out for you.

Comment

Do they ever have refs?

Comment

I've heard that they overcame the no ref situation with cleverly designed hotel lobby kick arounds for college coaches. This is a brilliant idea in my opinion. You certainly get the coaches attention. Feed them, give them some strong beer and have the girls put on a juggling exhibition. Great thinking.
                      Brilliant indeed. That's improvising.

Comment

So you daughter finally found a team? Sounds great. Enjoy it for the next year or so before she quits and takes up dressing goth and stops talking to you. Poor Angry ECNL Poster, nothing is working out for you.
                        Are you speaking from example?

Comment

Are you speaking from example?
                          Actually, no. She's doing quite well thanks.

Comment

Actually, no. She's doing quite well thanks.
                            I have a hard time believing she is considering her parenting.

Comment

I have a hard time believing she is considering her parenting.
                              Well, it happens.

Comment

Well, it happens.
                                I don't believe it. You're putting on a brave face but no one believes you.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X