Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You clearly don't know the players very well. There are a ton of 02's playing U13 (and even U14 ECNL) that don't waste their time with ODP.
    That would be correct sir. Most kids do ODP for a year, maybe two. They see it for what it is and more importantly isn't. It's a relic of the past. But It has the word 'Olympic' in the title, so it will get a new crop of younger kids next year.

Comment

No they did not.
      Sorry, I won't name names, it was for an older age group. Wasn't trying to stir the pot, just relay what I know. But most kids don't continue doing it and they probably get a little desperate at older age groups.

Comment

At 2002, which is the only age I know, I do know of a few top players that didn't go out. But the majority of the top players are on state team. Not all, but a majority.
        Um, no. There are kids that opt not for monetary reasons, Some don't because it's not really advertised in OPL circles and there are kids playing a year and sometimes two years up. They (ODP) may have some of the better kids in your sphere of influence, but not in the world of Oregon soccer. Nope.

Comment

At 2002, which is the only age I know, I do know of a few top players that didn't go out. But the majority of the top players are on state team. Not all, but a majority.
          It's probably 70%.

Comment

Name one that did? After playing these teams for the last two years I can tell you which girls from which teams stand out, and for the most part all of those names are on the state pool roster for the 02 and 03 age group. The only real stand out I can say isn't listed is Hispanic and maybe that's the reason.

On the flip side there are also some names on their that are head scratchers and I can only imagine they are just roster fillers.
            Many of he top girls played on OPL league teams and did not go out. There are one or two girls that play a Timbers B team that made State. I would not say the ODP has the top players.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X