Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Old 10-03-2017
Unregistered

Default Switching from ECNL team

My kid joined an ECNL team this year, and finding that it is not the right fit. Can we go back to a NPL team(a different club)? What are the rules? Are we at the mercy of the ECNL club releasing us? Appreciate your thoughts.
Old 10-03-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My kid joined an ECNL team this year, and finding that it is not the right fit. Can we go back to a NPL team(a different club)? What are the rules? Are we at the mercy of the ECNL club releasing us? Appreciate your thoughts.
What age group? Do you start the season?
Old 10-03-2017
Unregistered

U14, yes.
Old 10-03-2017
Unregistered

They are separate leagues so ECNL has no right to hold your kid's player pass or anything like that. Main problem is you'll be on the hook for whatever you owe as per the contract.
Old 10-04-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
They are separate leagues so ECNL has no right to hold your kid's player pass or anything like that. Main problem is you'll be on the hook for whatever you owe as per the contract.
They're (ECNL & NPL) both US Club soccer, so there is that...but typically, if it's not a good fit the club feels it too and isn't necessarily keen on keeping a player that doesn't want to be there. Best wishes to your daughter, hope she finds a more comfortable situation.
Old 10-04-2017
Unregistered

is it your daughter? or son?
Old 10-04-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
They're (ECNL & NPL) both US Club soccer, so there is that...but typically, if it's not a good fit the club feels it too and isn't necessarily keen on keeping a player that doesn't want to be there. Best wishes to your daughter, hope she finds a more comfortable situation.
ECNL clubs rarely have trouble filling spots so they're should be willing to release her (or him), but they might not let you off for the $. Best outcome is negotiate to pay just for the fall. That's fair.
Old 10-04-2017
Unregistered

Quote:

So your child wants to leave a team which has played 3-4 games so far?
I see your really giving it a chance.
Old 10-05-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
So your child wants to leave a team which has played 3-4 games so far?
I see your really giving it a chance.
Normally I'm not a fan of leaving so early. But I've seen a few situations including with one of my own, where the player is so miserable or coach so bad that the sooner they get out the better. Sometimes it's very obvious it was a poor fit or bad situation. If the player never really belonged some of the blame lies with the club for selecting them. Parents new to a club may not know any better (although plenty push their kids too far up the ladder)
Old 10-05-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
Normally I'm not a fan of leaving so early. But I've seen a few situations including with one of my own, where the player is so miserable or coach so bad that the sooner they get out the better. Sometimes it's very obvious it was a poor fit or bad situation. If the player never really belonged some of the blame lies with the club for selecting them. Parents new to a club may not know any better (although plenty push their kids too far up the ladder)

Well this child is supposedly playing ECNL, so you would assume they are an above average player. You should be able to determine a good fit or not by tryouts and training sessions.
The least they should do us finish out the season.
Wouldn't be surprised if PT is an issue.