Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Old 10-04-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
USSF doesn't care about the quality of the GDA teams/clubs in year one. Maybe not even in year two or three. The primary concern is simply getting it off the ground so that they can start putting the hurt on ECNL.
Agreed. At this point from a college recruiting perspective things are going to be all over the place but that was going to happen regardless with a new league to compete for time vs ECNL/NPL/HS/EDP, etc. It's all about getting this off the ground and strong longer term.

What it does do, if you're looking for college spots, is put more pressure on parents & players to advocate for themselves in the near term.
Old 10-04-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
USSF doesn't care about the quality of the GDA teams/clubs in year one. Maybe not even in year two or three. The primary concern is simply getting it off the ground so that they can start putting the hurt on ECNL.
USSF doesn't seem to care much about Long Island players period.
Old 10-04-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
USSF doesn't seem to care much about Long Island players period.
The goal of USSF with all of these changes to (birth year, gda, etc) is to literally identify 1 or 2 players a year for the national team out of the millions of people who play soccer.

They don't care about 99.999% of the players.
Old 10-04-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
The goal of USSF with all of these changes to (birth year, gda, etc) is to literally identify 1 or 2 players a year for the national team out of the millions of people who play soccer.

They don't care about 99.999% of the players.
Yes and many have been saying that for a long time. Many weren't listening but now they're starting to figure it out.
Old 10-04-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
I'll put my kid on a team that is the best situation for my kid. If my kid can have role on a bad DA team and still be seen by coaches versus sitting on a "great" ECNL or DA team I'll choose the playing time every time.
If your kid is sitting in ECNL you've got bigger problems. I hope she doesn't have her heart set on a top program because it ain't happening pops. Coaches recruit players, not teams or leagues. The leagues simply provide shopping opportunities. However coaches, like an old nonna shopping the local produce stand, can quickly sort the good from the bad.
Old 10-04-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
If your kid is sitting in ECNL you've got bigger problems. I hope she doesn't have her heart set on a top program because it ain't happening pops. Coaches recruit players, not teams or leagues. The leagues simply provide shopping opportunities. However coaches, like an old nonna shopping the local produce stand, can quickly sort the good from the bad.
Very true. Fancy packaging is fancy packaging. Nonna wants quality. Whether from the luxury market or the local grocer.
Old 10-08-2017
Unregistered

http://www.soccerwire.com/news/clubs...ptember-recap/
Old 10-19-2017
Unregistered

Hearing alt of Albertsons ECNL is unhappy and looking to LISC for next year, if not earlier.
Old 10-20-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
Hearing alt of Albertsons ECNL is unhappy and looking to LISC for next year, if not earlier.
The rumor mill has Albertson losing ECNL anyway.

They may be unhappy, as they are more of an afterthought as compared to Fury GDA. However, just as they are struggling in ECNL, they will struggle in GDA with the same rosters. Maybe they want to be treated better, but it isn't going to change their talent.

Also, I doubt everyone there wants GDA -- many are multi-sport athletes or play school sports and don't want the sacrifice of GDA.
Old 10-20-2017
Unregistered

My friends daughter plays for East Meadow and they travels all over the tri-state area to play. Is that EDP??