Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1051  
Old 10-11-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what league does the 07 surf team play in
The nut job team manager of the 03 LI girls team is at it again. She's giving that team a bad rep with her outspokenness.
Reply With Quote
  #1052  
Old 10-12-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Have Surf stopped paying Larry? He is no longer shilling for them.
Reply With Quote
  #1053  
Old 10-12-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Have Surf stopped paying Larry? He is no longer shilling for them.
I suspect that NY Surf is starting to face some financial realities. Not being able to pull off a summer tournament threw a big wrench into their fiscal plans. Having failed partnerships with KK and Stony Brook haven't helped either. And I'm sure that they are finding out that running a couple of amateur adult teams is a money loser as well.

I give them a year or two at most before they fold.
Reply With Quote
  #1054  
Old 10-31-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default San Diego Surf SC Welcomes New Affiliate, New York Surf SC Reply to Thread

This club is a joke, and was destined to fail from the start. The 01 Westchester team is the worst group I have seen in a long time, no skill, no toughness, no speed, look at the team managers for the reason.
Reply With Quote
  #1055  
Old 10-31-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
This club is a joke, and was destined to fail from the start. The 01 Westchester team is the worst group I have seen in a long time, no skill, no toughness, no speed, look at the team managers for the reason.
Because the team managers are recruiting bad players and doing the coaching?

Poor performance is the club's issue ultimately, including using bad managers if they did so. But managers shouldn't be doing anything other than arranging for teams dinners or at most managing schedules. well run clubs don't use parent managers at all.
Reply With Quote
  #1056  
Old 11-01-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Because the team managers are recruiting bad players and doing the coaching?

Poor performance is the club's issue ultimately, including using bad managers if they did so. But managers shouldn't be doing anything other than arranging for teams dinners or at most managing schedules. well run clubs don't use parent managers at all.
You'd be surprised the power some of the managers have. Board members, and pushy parents. Surf is just another club, paying D3 college coaches, nothing special there.
Reply With Quote
  #1057  
Old 11-02-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Heard they are out of Stony Brook in June.
Reply With Quote
  #1058  
Old 11-02-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Heard they are out of Stony Brook in June.
I bet Larry isn't publishing that
Reply With Quote
  #1059  
Old 11-02-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I bet Larry isn't publishing that
Nope, I posted it there and surprisingly it wasn’t posted.
Reply With Quote
  #1060  
Old 11-02-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
This club is a joke, and was destined to fail from the start. The 01 Westchester team is the worst group I have seen in a long time, no skill, no toughness, no speed, look at the team managers for the reason.
Funny how you still hold a grudge and they are in your head! What a pathetic loser!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.