Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orlando City II

A clearer path from youth (DA) to the pros with a new OC USL franchise.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sport...0630-post.html

I live in central Florida and can’t see myself paying to see the 2nd team when I can go to the first team games. I understand wanting the team nearby but I think it would be better for the “game” if they moved the team a little farther. SW Florida, etc.. Still close enough to move players easily but far enough away that the locals may be interested in going to a game.

Comment

if you pay to go to MLS game in America, you like to waste money.
      How can you watch in cold weather or very hot weather this MLS joke league! The games are so bad, retirement league now they even have to compete with China, Australia, India, Qatar for the retired players.
      Please MLS: end this MLS draft, start relegation, play copa libertadores, MLS teams play two games per week for 10 months then may be you will be respected

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        if you pay to go to MLS game in America, you like to waste money.
        How can you watch in cold weather or very hot weather this MLS joke league! The games are so bad, retirement league now they even have to compete with China, Australia, India, Qatar for the retired players.
        Please MLS: end this MLS draft, start relegation, play copa libertadores, MLS teams play two games per week for 10 months then may be you will be respected
        You misunderstand, the post relates to MLS and those who follow the OC team. anyone else can simply ignore the post (and the MLS).

Comment

I live in central Florida and can’t see myself paying to see the 2nd team when I can go to the first team games. I understand wanting the team nearby but I think it would be better for the “game” if they moved the team a little farther. SW Florida, etc.. Still close enough to move players easily but far enough away that the locals may be interested in going to a game.
          they may send them to play at a few local venues to attract a crowd. say Ocala, lake wales, Melbourne or something similar. seen it done at the pdl level, local town pays to have them play and provides facilities so they can have pro-soccer game locally.

Comment

they may send them to play at a few local venues to attract a crowd. say Ocala, lake wales, Melbourne or something similar. seen it done at the pdl level, local town pays to have them play and provides facilities so they can have pro-soccer game locally.
            That would be a great idea. Daytona would make sense as well.

Comment

I think the USL has some requirements on where they play. If I remember correctly they also have to play somewhere with a min of 5000 capacity.

Comment

I think the USL has some requirements on where they play. If I remember correctly they also have to play somewhere with a min of 5000 capacity.
                USL for Orlando City is a horrible idea. The PDL team is in last place using local talent the Academy teams cannot compete on a National Stage using local talent. How will they compete?

Comment

I don't think they care if they compete. They are just looking for a place to give the bench players some field time. Lots of players on the roster with very few minutes.

Comment

USL for Orlando City is a horrible idea. The PDL team is in last place using local talent the Academy teams cannot compete on a National Stage using local talent. How will they compete?
                    You're an idiot... Do you not think that the PDL team would be doing better with Tommy Redding, Harrison Heath, Tyler Turner, Earl Edwards, Sidney Rivera in the side. The PDL team has solely college players so you should not judge how Orlando City II will do off of what the PDL record is this year. Orlando City II fills the gap from the U17/18 Pro Academy to the first team.

Comment

You're an idiot... Do you not think that the PDL team would be doing better with Tommy Redding, Harrison Heath, Tyler Turner, Earl Edwards, Sidney Rivera in the side. The PDL team has solely college players so you should not judge how Orlando City II will do off of what the PDL record is this year. Orlando City II fills the gap from the U17/18 Pro Academy to the first team.
                      Hey dumbass you may want to get educated. PDL is amateur. College kids or DA kids or maybe guys trying to go pro, not pros.

Try again stupid. Hahahaha

Comment

Hey dumbass you may want to get educated. PDL is amateur. College kids or DA kids or maybe guys trying to go pro, not pros.

Try again stupid. Hahahaha
                        The guys I listed could play PDL if they wanted to get minutes, not saying it will happen, but they could which would obviously bring the PDL up in the rankings. If you are the original poster you said USL is a horrible idea for Orlando. Why? Almost every other MLS team has a USL team to act as a bridge between Academy and the Pros, so why should Orlando be any different. USL in Orlando is a great idea. Nice try buddy!

Comment

This is just a plan to keep the bench players on OC happy, get the younger players some minutes and feed the egos of some of the U18 and U16 DA players who OC are pretending could be "homegrown for the future!!!!"

Comment

The guys I listed could play PDL if they wanted to get minutes, not saying it will happen, but they could which would obviously bring the PDL up in the rankings. If you are the original poster you said USL is a horrible idea for Orlando. Why? Almost every other MLS team has a USL team to act as a bridge between Academy and the Pros, so why should Orlando be any different. USL in Orlando is a great idea. Nice try buddy!
                            Again you are stupid, they cannot play PDL. The league eules don't allow for pros.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X