Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This is classic TS. Follows the purest TS pattern; one post full of some pretty good factual information from a well-intentioned, reasonable poster. Followed by a post full of some off-color, insulting, immature or snarky humor. And the pattern repeats on an on for weeks.... TS at its best!!
    I do not know about you but the post about the guy driving through California on his Woodie is a classic.

Comment

My Honda Pilot has been great, lots of space and great reliability.
      Family Truckster

Comment

Wow I am so happy you started this thread. I thought I was the only one that had even given this a second thought. Growing up in Southern California my family used to take long road trips during the summer months. My father was a car enthusiast so we always had our choice for around five or six car options to take on our trips. My favorite was a 1951 Ford Custom 79 Country Squire. For those who are not aware these are more commonly referred to as "Woodies". I instantly fell in love with that body style. So when my kids got old enough and we began our road trips I wanted to make sure I would pass my love of woodies on to my kids. So now I drive my family to soccer tournaments in our 1974 Pontiac Grand Safari Woodie. It is so much fun, every tournament we go to people love to take pictures with our Woodie. Heck a lot of times I even have to give some of the moms a ride on my Woodie, let me tell you they love it. Again thank you to the OP for letting me take a nice stroll down memory lane.
        Greatest post ever Had to bring it back for all to enjoy

Comment

Greatest post ever Had to bring it back for all to enjoy
          That never gets old! Thanks

Comment

I am not a troll and I am sincerely interested if anyone has a vehicle that works well for all the driving that goes with a kid on a travel team. Joined a club further away and started playing NPL 2 years ago and can't believe the mileage we rack up now. Handing the family car down to a new driver so now I am in the market for a new vehicle. Thought about a F150 Super Cab but that's an expensive vehicle to drive high-mileage. The smaller rides that get good mileage don't seem like the kind of vehicles that you that would be comfortable on long trips. I am looking seriously at a Ford Escape. Thoughts?
            Honda Pilot - seats 8, comfortable and economical.

Comment

Yes but nothing like a nice, strong, good looking Woodie specially in the morning

Comment

Yes but nothing like a nice, strong, good looking Woodie specially in the morning
                Let me tell you my Woodie is paying off big time. We spent all summer recruiting a start winger for our team. Once I offered a ride on my Woodie to and from away games to the mom they were sold. Now all the moms want to ride my Woodie. Hopefully I can get them all on to my Woodie this season.

Comment

The Magic Jack team used to go to fly to tournaments in the corporate jet. I think that's about as good as it gets.

Comment

The Magic Jack team used to go to fly to tournaments in the corporate jet. I think that's about as good as it gets.
                    FESA does as well

Comment

Woodies All The Way!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

FESA does as well
                        FESA parents like to play with each other Woodies

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X