Bonita Storm

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since this started on Bonita Azzuri or whatever the name is now, to answer the original posters question, I agree with most that I wouldn't touch BYS until you see how it plays itself out. They had a lot of problems this past year and wanted a way out, so they sought out Azzuri which is a rec all-star program. I'd imagine most BYS players that are still left will not want to be a part of that and will seek out other options.

As far as what another poster said with coaches, they are somewhat correct. You do have to look at who is going to coach the team, but you also need to look at the stability of the club as well. There is something to say about a club that has a good infrastructure and well organized. My son plays for Fire, started with Optimist as a 7-year old, and loves Fire. After this weekend watching the president of the club run around filling up Gatorade, cleaning up after teams on fields before other teams arrive, and willing to talk to any parent no matter what club they were with was amazing. If I wasn't already with the club, I would change clubs just to be a part of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      3rd at Jefferson Cup? Cape wasn't accepted to Jefferson Cup, in any age group, and Fire only sent their U17's and they won it.

Not sure what you are trying to say. Cape has a huge pool of players to choose from and yes have had better results on the girls side. Those teams you are talking about though started with LCS and CFJ. It's not like those players were home-grown.

Cape is the best girls program in Lee County, and FFJ is the best girls program in Collier. FFJ is hands down the best boys program in SWFL. Better?
      It is an example of rankings and how they work of which was disputed, not that of the Cape. FFJ U17 must of gotten that 2nd ranking playing bogus tournaments right?

Cape is the best girls program in both Lee and Collier counties, no question there; other than one team FFj cannot compete on the girls side.

Comment

It is an example of rankings and how they work of which was disputed, not that of the Cape. FFJ U17 must of gotten that 2nd ranking playing bogus tournaments right?

Cape is the best girls program in both Lee and Collier counties, no question there; other than one team FFj cannot compete on the girls side.
        In a nut shell this is the Cape's biggest problem. As long as they are perceived to be the strongest team/club in SWFL they are happy.

The Cape will not challenge for State/Regional titles until their DOC/BOD shift their priorities.
        Too many teams at the Cape play within their capability and settle for Region Cup or lower level tournament success.

I know their are exceptions for each team at each club, but I feel the Cspe and LCS are the most guilty of this.

Comment

Unless all of those girls teams figure out what the Fire U17's figured out a couple of years ago, which is you HAVE to combine girls from both counties to be that successful, Cape and the Fire younger teams will both fizzle as will the other clubs.
          The problem with Cape is they are not geared toward a professional club-they are a mom & pop shop. They don't want to be run professionally, parents want to keep their influence over coaches and admin. That's why no Cape team on the girls side will ever be that successful past U15. Just look at history. Even the good U16 team fell well short this year. The younger good Cape teams will soon realize what those before them did-to be successful at the older ages, you need to cross that bridge out of the Cape.

The Knights and the Fire are the only options. Time will tell for the Adrenaline.

Comment

The Fire has one team for girls, one. The Cape has a minimum of three strong teams if not more, you can't hang your hat on one team, that is ridiculous.
            But if none of your teams can manage the top 10, then really where are you? At least Fire manages that and that team brings attention to the other age groups. I've never even heard of the cyclones ! Must be big in Region cup, and not SC.

Comment

The Cape U14 lost by 1 goal to the #1 team in SC round of 16-

The Cape U15 lost by 1 goal leading the majority of the game to the #1 team in SC round of 8-

The Cape U16 (R3 team) didn't make the round of 16 by one goal differential.

Other than the U17 girls, what have the fire girls done?

Comment

In a nut shell this is the Cape's biggest problem. As long as they are perceived to be the strongest team/club in SWFL they are happy.

The Cape will not challenge for State/Regional titles until their DOC/BOD shift their priorities.
                Too many teams at the Cape play within their capability and settle for Region Cup or lower level tournament success.

I know their are exceptions for each team at each club, but I feel the Cspe and LCS are the most guilty of this.
                The Fire U16 play Region Cup? LMAO! Then Braden and Addidas Spring Classic, ***, U16? What scouts showed up? Nova? St. Leo?

The critical age of U15 they don't even have a team, go away you're drunk!

Comment

Unless all of those girls teams figure out what the Fire U17's figured out a couple of years ago, which is you HAVE to combine girls from both counties to be that successful, Cape and the Fire younger teams will both fizzle as will the other clubs.
                  The problem with Cape is they are not geared toward a professional club-they are a mom & pop shop. They don't want to be run professionally, parents want to keep their influence over coaches and admin. That's why no Cape team on the girls side will ever be that successful past U15. Just look at history. Even the good U16 team fell well short this year. The younger good Cape teams will soon realize what those before them did-to be successful at the older ages, you need to cross that bridge out of the Cape.

The Knights and the Fire are the only options. Time will tell for the Adrenaline.
                  What successful teams? The 17's at the Fire? The Knights? Entering State Cup to say you played SC means nothing. At the last two tourney's in Naples (Adidas and Azzuri), this past weekend the Cape's U-12 A team beat the Fire's U-13 A team (SC Team). Two weeks ago the Cape's U-12 girls B team tied the Fire U-13 B team and won the tourney. Don't see sucha good option there. The Knights don't even have a team in that age group.

Comment

Run as far away from this person as possible, take it from someone who has been around local soccer for over 12 years. Cape for girls - Fire for boys, save yourself many lost years just treading water.

Comment

Run as far away from this person as possible, take it from someone who has been around local soccer for over 12 years. Cape for girls - Fire for boys, save yourself many lost years just treading water.
                      I agree, we've been at the Knights 2 years and we had 4 DOC's....its a joke!
                      I guess we will be going over the bridge.

Comment

What successful teams? The 17's at the Fire? The Knights? Entering State Cup to say you played SC means nothing. At the last two tourney's in Naples (Adidas and Azzuri), this past weekend the Cape's U-12 A team beat the Fire's U-13 A team (SC Team). Two weeks ago the Cape's U-12 girls B team tied the Fire U-13 B team and won the tourney. Don't see sucha good option there. The Knights don't even have a team in that age group.
                        You have no idea what you are talking about. The Cape U12's had U13 guest players from their "A" team playing with them. They also didn't beat U13's, they tied them 2-2. The final game was rained out 15-20 minutes in the game, and both coaches decided on a draw since it was Mother's Day.

I agree with what the previous poster said. You have to combine all the good players in SWFL to have a truly state competitive team. Otherwise, you are just bragging about being the best in SWFL.

Comment

You have no idea what you are talking about. The Cape U12's had U13 guest players from their "A" team playing with them. They also didn't beat U13's, they tied them 2-2. The final game was rained out 15-20 minutes in the game, and both coaches decided on a draw since it was Mother's Day.

I agree with what the previous poster said. You have to combine all the good players in SWFL to have a truly state competitive team. Otherwise, you are just bragging about being the best in SWFL.
                          Actually the U-13's were in the same tourney. They had guest from "B" team and one from Rec. I was only going by the results on the tourney webpage. A 2-2 draw and a 1-0 win for the Cape.

Comment

Since this started on Bonita Azzuri or whatever the name is now, to answer the original posters question, I agree with most that I wouldn't touch BYS until you see how it plays itself out. They had a lot of problems this past year and wanted a way out, so they sought out Azzuri which is a rec all-star program. I'd imagine most BYS players that are still left will not want to be a part of that and will seek out other options.

As far as what another poster said with coaches, they are somewhat correct. You do have to look at who is going to coach the team, but you also need to look at the stability of the club as well. There is something to say about a club that has a good infrastructure and well organized. My son plays for Fire, started with Optimist as a 7-year old, and loves Fire. After this weekend watching the president of the club run around filling up Gatorade, cleaning up after teams on fields before other teams arrive, and willing to talk to any parent no matter what club they were with was amazing. If I wasn't already with the club, I would change clubs just to be a part of that.
                            I'm from Cape, and I'm not going to get in to a gloating match over how good our girls program is. I think we have a great program and our recent results across age groups speak for themselves.

However, we were at Adidas Cup this past weekend and I had a chance to speak with Fire's President. Any field I was at during the tournament, I saw him walking around greeting everyone he saw. I agree with the other poster that he himself is amazing even though I don't know much about the actual club.

Comment

I agree, we've been at the Knights 2 years and we had 4 DOC's....its a joke!
                              I guess we will be going over the bridge.
                              The Knights did struggle with their DOC's but have something good going on with the incoming leadership. We are staying. Have fun paying those tolls and fighting the traffic to play on crappy fields.

Comment

I am a current FL Fire parent seeking options for coming season. Hearing rumors that BYS has linked up with a rec program called the Azzurri.....? Also, what is the deal with all the grievances filed against BYS through FYSA, any updates would be welcomed....sounds like Fire is the only competitive option in Naples i for 2015/16.
                                I think your answer really depends on the age group you are interested in. The Fire and Cape have well established good groups in the older ages. For the younger age groups, another club might be your answer.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X