Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Nice try WC I'm sure this whole thread has been your bash fest trying to get kids to leave GTB and head East.

The better GTB players at the older age groups combined to make NPL teams out of East Lake. Those kids are satisfied because they are playing at a higher level.

U12 and below--full, full, full. Excellent coaching and training, healthy teams.

The crown jewel-U17B will be just fine.

If parents and players would stay committed instead of panicking all will be well. Take the U18G for example. Those girls decided they would remain committed and wanted to play out their soccer careers at Collier. They have a full team and are holding a final tryout Saturday because so many girls are contacting them. They will showcase and already have one player verbally committed.

All it takes is a little commitment, not panicking. The domino effect becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. If you want to stay together you can make it happen.

The clubs want families to be committed, but often the clubs are not committed to the families. It has to work both ways.

Comment

The clubs want families to be committed, but often the clubs are not committed to the families. It has to work both ways.
      As the parent of a U18G I can tell you the club did demonstrate its commitment to us. Our girls were slated to join the East Lake WFF NPL team and they made it perfectly clear they weren't going anywhere. So the club helped them make it happen.

It's too bad other parents are more interested in whispering campaigns and rumor mongering than committing to their kids' teams.

Comment

As the parent of a U18G I can tell you the club did demonstrate its commitment to us. Our girls were slated to join the East Lake WFF NPL team and they made it perfectly clear they weren't going anywhere. So the club helped them make it happen.

It's too bad other parents are more interested in whispering campaigns and rumor mongering than committing to their kids' teams.
        What did you get for the extra $300 this year? Is that commitment? Why would the club not let them join the NPL team? $300 by 18 players is a guaranteed $5,400 for them without much effort at tryouts. Sounds like a great business model.

Comment

It is good to hear that the club recognized the needs of the team.

Comment

They were but they rebelled, as I understand it. Made it very clear before tryouts that they wanted to stay together and play out of Collier, and the club accommodated them. I could be wrong, but that's what I heard.

You are wrong. No turnout at Eastlake for NPL, I think that they had less than 5 at tryouts. Parents in that area know that NPL is a WAY overrated experience. Yes, the parents at GTBFC made it clear that they weren't traveling to Eastlake for practice, however, it wasn't their so-called rebellion that made anything happen. The talent in this area is either at TBU or spending their time in the car going to Brandon for ECNL.

Not trying to be dismissive, but this is the truth about that particular situation. I am sure that the U-18 NPL team at GTBFC will be a very good team, but don't think for a second that NPL would be in Land o' Lakes if Eastlake had numbers at tryouts.

Comment

Proof is in the result, 3 years in a row to Round of 16. Can this coach and new team make it a 4th?

WFF Brandon seems to be positioned to be the powerhouse this upcoming year, these two teams had the best coaching in the Tampa area. Interesting to see what these teams do.

And yes, we think so. This is the biggest year of exodus for that team and club. Wish returning players and those that moved on the best, but watch out WFF will be the new crown jewel in 2015-16. Some great additions from multiple locations.
              this team has underperformed, based on the talent that he took over from the prior coach, adding the players that joined along the way. A State Cup championship should have happened, but something kept holding us back. The team has always had a very good core, and the right additions should have taken them over the top. But players would come and go each year. Why did so many leave every year, even with him as coach? Was it because of him?

Yes, WFF should be the dominant team in our area this year. How many former GTBFC players do they have now? Anyway, it all means nothing if one of these teams can't produce to the level of getting into showcases and finishing high enough in state cup to play R3PL for the u18 year. It's all about exposure now.

Comment

You are wrong. No turnout at Eastlake for NPL, I think that they had less than 5 at tryouts. Parents in that area know that NPL is a WAY overrated experience. Yes, the parents at GTBFC made it clear that they weren't traveling to Eastlake for practice, however, it wasn't their so-called rebellion that made anything happen. The talent in this area is either at TBU or spending their time in the car going to Brandon for ECNL.

Not trying to be dismissive, but this is the truth about that particular situation. I am sure that the U-18 NPL team at GTBFC will be a very good team, but don't think for a second that NPL would be in Land o' Lakes if Eastlake had numbers at tryouts.
                I think you've missed the point. The reason there were no numbers at East Lake was because the Collier U18G group (which has the bulk of the NPL-level talent in this immediate area) chose not to do it. If that group wasn't going to be there, it was never going to happen. Most of the NPL-level talent in this age group in this immediate area play at either TBU or GTB.

Comment

this team has underperformed, based on the talent that he took over from the prior coach, adding the players that joined along the way. A State Cup championship should have happened, but something kept holding us back. The team has always had a very good core, and the right additions should have taken them over the top. But players would come and go each year. Why did so many leave every year, even with him as coach? Was it because of him?

Yes, WFF should be the dominant team in our area this year. How many former GTBFC players do they have now? Anyway, it all means nothing if one of these teams can't produce to the level of getting into showcases and finishing high enough in state cup to play R3PL for the u18 year. It's all about exposure now.
                  underperformed is pretty big word to use, as you an evaluator? Are you there every training session? Are they committed? Are the parents filling their heads? Yes they are a great group of talented kids, now "core" not sure there were only 2 original players. Starters yes very talented, but that has thinned out this year. Don't think people leaving because of the coach, since they are leaving this year again.

Comment

What did you get for the extra $300 this year? Is that commitment? Why would the club not let them join the NPL team? $300 by 18 players is a guaranteed $5,400 for them without much effort at tryouts. Sounds like a great business model.
                    What are you talking about? If they play NPL, it's an extra $300. They're paying that to play NPL. That's what they get. If they choose not to play NPL, they'll pay basically the same as last year. Where's the confusion?

And what do you mean by "the club wouldn't let them join the NPL team?" THEY chose not to go to East Lake. The club didn't have anything to do with it. The club WANTED them to play at East Lake. Now they'll probably play NPL at Collier.

If you're going to rant about something, you should at least have some idea of what you're talking about. The situation with the U18G doesn't support your theory of club callousness and greed. In fact, it suggests exactly the opposite.

Comment

I love how the U18 girls "rebelling" against the club's wishes to split up their team is somehow being used to paint the club in a good light. The girls should be the commended, not the club. Also, I'm sure the club caved a little easier for this age group (which is almost out the door).

To be clear, the younger ages were told that there would not likely be a USA team at Collier Park to play at. Which, as it turns out, is the way it played out at most age groups.

Comment

gtb

Will there be U15 , U16 or U17 Girls teams at Collier?

I love how the U18 girls "rebelling" against the club's wishes to split up their team is somehow being used to paint the club in a good light. The girls should be the commended, not the club. Also, I'm sure the club caved a little easier for this age group (which is almost out the door).

To be clear, the younger ages were told that there would not likely be a USA team at Collier Park to play at. Which, as it turns out, is the way it played out at most age groups.

Comment

What are you talking about? If they play NPL, it's an extra $300. They're paying that to play NPL. That's what they get. If they choose not to play NPL, they'll pay basically the same as last year. Where's the confusion?

And what do you mean by "the club wouldn't let them join the NPL team?" THEY chose not to go to East Lake. The club didn't have anything to do with it. The club WANTED them to play at East Lake. Now they'll probably play NPL at Collier.

If you're going to rant about something, you should at least have some idea of what you're talking about. The situation with the U18G doesn't support your theory of club callousness and greed. In fact, it suggests exactly the opposite.
                          Wow we have some geniuses here, so we have to pay $300 extra (per player- total $5,400) to play NPL. Does it cost that much more for the team to play in NPL?

Comment

underperformed is pretty big word to use, as you an evaluator? Are you there every training session? Are they committed? Are the parents filling their heads? Yes they are a great group of talented kids, now "core" not sure there were only 2 original players. Starters yes very talented, but that has thinned out this year. Don't think people leaving because of the coach, since they are leaving this year again.
                            Again, the result of many players that left last year thinned out the caliber of players, but why did so many leave? And if he stayed, there still would have been quite a few players leaving, at least a third of the team

Comment

JP is more then deserving of the job he applied for and was offered. JZ determines the coaching line up. You expect that every time a parent or group of parents complain about a given coach that the club should act to do what the parents want>? The club would not finish a single season without changing the coach 3 times. If you think its that easy to find a great coach then find one and make a suggestion to JZ or GR. Typical parent who just complains but doesn't participate in or work hard to provide a solution. I know one parent who has gone out and tried to get donations for ECNL with some success so that JZ has more money to hire the best coaches possible. That parent is an example for you to follow.
                              Does wff actually background check it's people, or do they not care? Because I personally would want to know if a new coach put into a high trust position (travelling with) had a prior arrest record for domestic battery last year. Well done.

Comment

Does wff actually background check it's people, or do they not care? Because I personally would want to know if a new coach put into a high trust position (travelling with) had a prior arrest record for domestic battery last year. Well done.
                                Please elaborate. Was someone arrested? Were they found guilty? Was the case even tried or dropped outright? Please explain. If someone was arrested but found not guilty or if charges were dropped outright it means nothing.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X