Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nobody gives a cr@p about Gotsoccer rankings....!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    ya sure. why don't you meet me over in Clewiston, I have some property on the water I think you might be interested in... Total troll. You have to have a profile with them in order for her to even come up as a register player. ID clinics don't rate players, nor will a tournament. TROLL
    You made me laugh. Yes, she has a profile- a free one. And no, never paid for any TDS event. She still has a three star rating, and no idea where it came from. It's not something that a parent or anyone else can add. Would love to know where it came from. But I guess I am a troll. We'll see when she commits within the next year. Have a nice day

Comment

ya sure. why don't you meet me over in Clewiston, I have some property on the water I think you might be interested in... Total troll. You have to have a profile with them in order for her to even come up as a register player. ID clinics don't rate players, nor will a tournament. TROLL
      Wrong, Nimrod. I had never even heard of TDS when I found out my daughter was nationally ranked and had 2 stars at U14. I assume that was a result of her being mentioned in an article about an Id2 event several years ago. Personally, I think it's a little ridiculous it is to have national rankings for 13 yr old girls. Some parents may be willing to pay for that recognition, I did not initiate that ranking or profile in any way.

Comment

Gotsoccer rankings in FL will be all changing as of 4/1/15. All of the double NPL/FPL points teams have been carrying fall off, wait for everyone's rankings to be changed. Just another reason why gotsoccer rankings are so skewed.

Comment

Wrong, Nimrod. I had never even heard of TDS when I found out my daughter was nationally ranked and had 2 stars at U14. I assume that was a result of her being mentioned in an article about an Id2 event several years ago. Personally, I think it's a little ridiculous it is to have national rankings for 13 yr old girls. Some parents may be willing to pay for that recognition, I did not initiate that ranking or profile in any way.
          Who are you calling a nimrod? You're a nimrod. Don't call me a nimrod again.

Comment

Who are you calling a nimrod? You're a nimrod. Don't call me a nimrod again.
            nimrod again

Comment

Gotsoccer rankings in FL will be all changing as of 4/1/15. All of the double NPL/FPL points teams have been carrying fall off, wait for everyone's rankings to be changed. Just another reason why gotsoccer rankings are so skewed.
              No, proves you have to play and compete. You have to play tournaments, bottom line.
              Rankings should fall off if you do not play in a top level tourney.

Comment

No, proves you have to play and compete. You have to play tournaments, bottom line.
                Rankings should fall off if you do not play in a top level tourney.
                You can play, but if it is not a GS event, no points pal. This poster was just pointing out that the points hang around for a year and skew the ratings even more if the team has fundamentally changed since the GS points were earned.

Comment

nimrod again
                  That's good humor - thanks

Comment

Why do some of the points drop off after a year and some linger longer? Is this NPc/fps double counting ou are referring to?

Comment

Say what you will about got soccer rankings, interesting to see that 3 of the 4 teams in the boys U12 President's Cup and therefore Region winners are in the top 4 - OCYS notably has 2 teams in the top 4.

Comment

You can play, but if it is not a GS event, no points pal. This poster was just pointing out that the points hang around for a year and skew the ratings even more if the team has fundamentally changed since the GS points were earned.
                        Teams that play NPL have points for the current year, and well as last years points. Most events do not award points until the event is finished. Many of these teams have double the points they should truly have. Gotsoccer is a farce, and rankings just are not accurate any more.

Comment

Say what you will about got soccer rankings, interesting to see that 3 of the 4 teams in the boys U12 President's Cup and therefore Region winners are in the top 4 - OCYS notably has 2 teams in the top 4.
                          Region cups contribute points though, so that rankings follows the points. OCYS blows that whole thing up point wise. They are so far ahead.

Comment

Those rankings all just changed. Lots of league points dropped and all the teams got adjusted for their region wins. A better question would be, "what were all those rankings before they won region cups?"

Comment

The points are going to follow the winners and then the rankings get adjusted, so I agree with your point. What about that region d team. Is suspect they are not top ten, but i suspect they are better than sixty something.

Comment

Teams that play NPL have points for the current year, and well as last years points. Most events do not award points until the event is finished. Many of these teams have double the points they should truly have. Gotsoccer is a farce, and rankings just are not accurate any more.
                                no one is carrying double points. read what GS does and you'll understand. You don't lose points your team has earned. Also, league points get doled out midway into season for the purpose of seeding teams for SC, FYSA makes sure this gets done early. NPL is the LAST league to dole out their points for league play, and only just recently did they adjust those to show an accurate ranking. Again its all about WHO you play and BEAT. Our team is 1st in NPL and got hundreds fewer points for their league play than the team who is currently sitting in 4th place in our league.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X