Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The B and C teams pay $600 and only get practice twice a week. Also the season is short so it's another $200 to play spring soccer.
    Is this still a rec club or is it in its way to an ENCL or academy offer?

Comment

The B and C teams pay $600 and only get practice twice a week. Also the season is short so it's another $200 to play spring soccer.
      Does this spring soccer season include state or region cup game (fees) or are those already included in the original fall costs? can't imagine a U18 player doing that for next spring... unless they were just looking to stay in shape. Most will be cutting their losses.

Comment

Does this spring soccer season include state or region cup game (fees) or are those already included in the original fall costs? can't imagine a U18 player doing that for next spring... unless they were just looking to stay in shape. Most will be cutting their losses.
        For my childs team, the state/region c fees are included. You only do spring soccer if your team doesn't end up moving forward in the tournamnets. Otherwise, you just keep practicing and competing until state cup or region c elimination and teams generally chip in to cover coaches travel cost and food etc... Basically spring soccer is just a way to keep in shape (10 weeks maybe?) and keep the kids involved and they included the Bradenton cup this year but some teams continue with different tournaments at whatever cost. They (BRSC) refunded money to players who paid for spring soccer if their team ended up moving forward in competition. Its not required and some kids take the break and do different stuff or nothing at all. Its really not a total money grab just a nice option. Also, Some of the b teams end up practicing 3 days all year anyway, regardless of the initial cost. I know of several b coaches that ran extra practices every single week...way dedicated. But there was one coach who was very abused by complaining/demanding parents and did the bare minimum. Sometimes high school schedules mess with the club training as well for junior seasons.

Comment

For my childs team, the state/region c fees are included. You only do spring soccer if your team doesn't end up moving forward in the tournamnets. Otherwise, you just keep practicing and competing until state cup or region c elimination and teams generally chip in to cover coaches travel cost and food etc... Basically spring soccer is just a way to keep in shape (10 weeks maybe?) and keep the kids involved and they included the Bradenton cup this year but some teams continue with different tournaments at whatever cost. They (BRSC) refunded money to players who paid for spring soccer if their team ended up moving forward in competition. Its not required and some kids take the break and do different stuff or nothing at all. Its really not a total money grab just a nice option. Also, Some of the b teams end up practicing 3 days all year anyway, regardless of the initial cost. I know of several b coaches that ran extra practices every single week...way dedicated. But there was one coach who was very abused by complaining/demanding parents and did the bare minimum. Sometimes high school schedules mess with the club training as well for junior seasons.
          How is the club doing in the U.S. Soccer finals

Comment

How is the club doing in the U.S. Soccer finals
            I don't believe they had any teams that went that far.

Comment

I don't believe they had any teams that went that far.
              What leagues does the club participate?

Comment

What leagues does the club participate?
                Mostly USA League. They do have their rising U18G that are accepted to play in R3PL and FSPL; also looks like their rising U17B were accepted to FPSL as they made it to Rd16. Last season that team played in USA too. I didn't see anything else for this club.

Comment

The region cup fees are not included despite what was written above. The teams fundraise and most teams had enough to cover it but it's not coming from the reg fees.

This year spring soccer started the first week of March and there were 7 weeks of practice twice a week but no games - of maybe one scrimmage - but that was it.

Comment

Mostly USA League. They do have their rising U18G that are accepted to play in R3PL and FSPL; also looks like their rising U17B were accepted to FPSL as they made it to Rd16. Last season that team played in USA too. I didn't see anything else for this club.
                    Basically all USA. They keep trying to get a team into the CDL but good old FC Sarasota keep them out. It's all for the kids you know. <rollseyes>

Comment

The region cup fees are not included despite what was written above. The teams fundraise and most teams had enough to cover it but it's not coming from the reg fees.

This year spring soccer started the first week of March and there were 7 weeks of practice twice a week but no games - of maybe one scrimmage - but that was it.
                      I went back and look at the reg form we filled out and on it clearly indicates that what you are signing up for are a season that includes SC or RC. I only know that our kid's team didn't resume whatsoever beyond High school season; they were completely dropped and ignored by the club. They believe this is a fine way to run a club I guess. To the poster who indicated that FCS is the club keeping BR out of CDL, funny. I always heard it was past BR prez that cut the club off from being able to get their teams into CDL. Some funny business and basically he played it off to the parents and players like WHO NEEDS CDL? We don't need CDL as it is no better than USA. Parents wanted it, and were told they didn't need it. But the issue was him the entire time. Go back a couple years in this thread... yeah it's been around a long time because this club is known to lie to kids and parents alike... been taking their money and blowing smoke up their collective butts for a long time... and continue to get away with it. It all your kid wants is a rec club... this one is pretty good. Never expect to get your kid looked at unless you are a coach here and your kid is here, it is only coaches kids that every got anything out of this club.

Comment

I went back and look at the reg form we filled out and on it clearly indicates that what you are signing up for are a season that includes SC or RC. I only know that our kid's team didn't resume whatsoever beyond High school season; they were completely dropped and ignored by the club. They believe this is a fine way to run a club I guess. To the poster who indicated that FCS is the club keeping BR out of CDL, funny. I always heard it was past BR prez that cut the club off from being able to get their teams into CDL. Some funny business and basically he played it off to the parents and players like WHO NEEDS CDL? We don't need CDL as it is no better than USA. Parents wanted it, and were told they didn't need it. But the issue was him the entire time. Go back a couple years in this thread... yeah it's been around a long time because this club is known to lie to kids and parents alike... been taking their money and blowing smoke up their collective butts for a long time... and continue to get away with it. It all your kid wants is a rec club... this one is pretty good. Never expect to get your kid looked at unless you are a coach here and your kid is here, it is only coaches kids that every got anything out of this club.
                        How bad can this club be when parents are begging for CDL. This club is bottom of the barrel.

Comment

How bad can this club be when parents are begging for CDL. This club is bottom of the barrel.
                          We played in the USA league boys, and there were only a handful of teams that were any good at all. Mostly just a bunch of kick and chase. Mids I swear were only used for tackling. Balls go from defense so far up that forwards were chasing the ball and could only score if you placed ball perfectly at forward's feet smoothly. They couldn't receive a pass at all. Yes, the kids/parents wanted CDL when you are faced with returning to the USA and you are looking for other available options. Playing different teams was better than the shuffle of repeating against boot and scoot teams. The CDL minimally attempts to develop their teams.

Comment

Just curious: are there any contract being signed by parents this year? You know - slap on the wrist contracts............ the ones from 2013?

Comment

Just curious: are there any contract being signed by parents this year? You know - slap on the wrist contracts............ the ones from 2013?
                              Yes, the template is still alive and well. They kept the same one you had and just crossed out your name. LOL

Comment

Tickle for the Day:

BR: when you send around an email telling parents its time to register for fall recreational soccer, you might want to tell the email recipient who you are! Additionally, you might want to consider putting any kind of contact information, ANYTHING in the email. No address, no phone, no names, not even a mention of the Club's name. Amazing. Only game dates and costs for each age group. Does say you can register online, but again no info. We've played for numerous clubs over the years and found this very funny. The kid this was directed to graduated last year, and never played rec soccer for BR. Missed the mark BR. You do obviously have his email address. I will need to block you as you have not provided the recipient with any way to "unsubscribe" from future emails ... another shocker. How did I know this was from BR? Now that is there: From: Terry M.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X