Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bayern/GPS relationship making noise abroad

Interesting article from The Guardian UK, on the GPS/Bayern relationship, and it also touches on the big clubs setting up shop in the US.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...r-improving-it

Perfect for GPS. First paragraph is all you need to know. Joe Bradley's big take away from seeing Bayern academy was that winning or losing didn't matter. Brilliant! When we lose it is about development. When we win it is about development!

The new GPS mantra.....development.

How do you measure how your kid is developing? Give the Bradley's more money and they will enroll them in a special camp in Dusseldorf.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Perfect for GPS. First paragraph is all you need to know. Joe Bradley's big take away from seeing Bayern academy was that winning or losing didn't matter. Brilliant! When we lose it is about development. When we win it is about development!

The new GPS mantra.....development.

How do you measure how your kid is developing? Give the Bradley's more money and they will enroll them in a special camp in Dusseldorf.
      Dusseldorf? Really.... Always a wise guy...

Comment

Interesting article from The Guardia UK, on the GPS/Bayern relationship, and it also touches on the big clubs setting up shop in the US.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...r-improving-it
        All these years and after millions in the pocket from poor people comes down to: development!
        I bet you that the fake aha moment and the look on his face as if someone just discovered the cure for cancer made all of us in US looked like fool.
        What a farse!

Comment

All these years and after millions in the pocket from poor people comes down to: development!
          I bet you that the fake aha moment and the look on his face as if someone just discovered the cure for cancer made all of us in US looked like fool.
          What a farse!
          Or maybe this is good for GPS players!

Comment

What a farse!
            Its the Largest club in the state, and probably New England, and have 55,000 kids playing for them throughout the country. I'm going to take a huge leap, and say if they did not do a good job for the cost, they would not have the type of numbers they do. I love how you portrait them as crooks stealing from the poor. I don't know if that's more insulting to GPS, or the parents you think are idiots, and can't think for themselves. Sounds lie you got it all figured out, so what club would you recommend?

Comment

Its the Largest club in the state, and probably New England, and have 55,000 kids playing for them throughout the country. I'm going to take a huge leap, and say if they did not do a good job for the cost, they would not have the type of numbers they do. I love how you portrait them as crooks stealing from the poor. I don't know if that's more insulting to GPS, or the parents you think are idiots, and can't think for themselves. Sounds lie you got it all figured out, so what club would you recommend?
              Its the idiotic parents - out of that 55000, probably a 1000 good players and 54000 with idiotic parents - with all those kids you have to have decent teams - nothing with the coaching

Fair play to them though - wish i could make that money coaching

Comment

gold

Its the idiotic parents - out of that 55000, probably a 1000 good players and 54000 with idiotic parents - with all those kids you have to have decent teams - nothing with the coaching

Fair play to them though - wish i could make that money coaching
                You do realize they run a ton of town soccer programs, so maybe only a few thousand in travel and the rest in town programs.

Comment

This is silly. This is equivalent to the Boston Celtics sending low level staffers to work with a basketball organization in Europe. Pure hype.

Comment

Bradley's will be millionaires as a result of this... Lexi has got it right on this one... Soccer IS a simple game...

Comment

You do realize they run a ton of town soccer programs, so maybe only a few thousand in travel and the rest in town programs.
                      You guys just dont get it. They are paid mercenaries. Soccer in a bottle. You say it your self 55000 .how many are national players, how many are quality players? You have tiny clubs like bayside out of RI that have produced better quality players .players come back to these clubs as coaches because they feel a connection, pride for their clubs.

Comment

You guys just dont get it. They are paid mercenaries. Soccer in a bottle. You say it your self 55000 .how many are national players, how many are quality players? You have tiny clubs like bayside out of RI that have produced better quality players .players come back to these clubs as coaches because they feel a connection, pride for their clubs.
                        You make no sense. Maybe it is the bad grammar or horrible punctuation.

Comment

This is silly. This is equivalent to the Boston Celtics sending low level staffers to work with a basketball organization in Europe. Pure hype.
                          And "55,000 youth players"! They have a few thousand in MA but most of the GPS state sites don't even seem to have any real teams. How did they con Bayern?

Comment

And "55,000 youth players"! They have a few thousand in MA but most of the GPS state sites don't even seem to have any real teams. How did they con Bayern?
                            They have teams but not any with proven track records of being elite or even premier level. Bayern is looking to sell shirts. When gps showed them their demographics they jumped on. Rich kids whose parents have money to waste.

Comment

They have teams but not any with proven track records of being elite or even premier level. Bayern is looking to sell shirts. When gps showed them their demographics they jumped on. Rich kids whose parents have money to waste.
                              Money making for gps and bayern munchen, who cares

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X