X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capello: put rubbish youth coaches into jail

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy...oaches-in-jail

Former Real Madrid and Juventus boss Fabio Capello has suggested that rubbish youth coaches should be thrown in prison for their crimes against football.

The coach recently embarked on a poor World Cup campaign with Russia but held on to his job despite a group stage exit, which mirrored that of his Italian compatriots who were knocked out after defeats to Costa Rica and Uruguay.

Capello is furious that younger players in his homeland are being taught tactics, rather than nurturing talent, and suggested that the lack of substantial financial reward for youth coaches is hindering Italian youngsters.

"Youth teams should be a great breeding ground for players and to do this you have to teach more technical than tactical," he told gazzettaregionale.it.

"Because the speed at which the game is played today it requires impeccable technique. This was clearly shown at the World Cup.

"Sometimes I see coaches in children of 10 or 11 years old being taught tactics. I think these coaches should be put in jail, because you have to teach the children to improve their technique.

"But since it is much easier teach tactics... That's the real problem of the youth. I would say that it is essential to focus on youth coaches who have passion and pay the good ones well for what they produce.

"If they are not paid in the right way then they will seek other avenues, because in this sector usually do not pay much. I speak from personal experience, because I did six years of coaching the youth at Milan.

"Too many times we prefer the physical side of the game, not the technical one, we look for the speed and technical intelligence (aka tactics). Obviously these choices have not been successful."

I think U.S. Youth soccer system (pay to play club system) has the very same problem.

Comment

Bravo, Fabio! Jail for the "Winning Matters" youth coaches! Jail for the u10 coach who spends 45 minutes per practice installing multiple option corner kicks!! Jail for the coaches who pull 10 yo's off the field for not passing!! But joining them in jail, or better, an inner ring of the Inferno, should be the parents who enable them, those parents who actually see winning as a barometer of development at the pre-u15 level!! Those parents who--in the rare event they miss a u-little game--ask their kid "what was the score"!! To the Inferno with the parents who say "the coach is playing my u-little out of position...he's a natural striker!!" They will kill the flower of this game in our country before we have a chance to see it bloom. Bravissimo Fabio!

Comment

We should also send to jail the coach of any u12 kids who have been taught to set an offside trap; the coach of any u-little defender who more than once a game boots a ball into touch to stop a forward attack; any coach who has programmed his players to stop in their tracks, stop dribbling, and kick the ball across the field when he screams "Switch It!"; and of course, any coaches whose stock vocabulary consists of "WIDER", "SEND HIM", "THRU BALL", "PASS IT", "SHOOT IT", "NOW" and "OUT!"

Comment

Listening NEFC??

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy...oaches-in-jail

Former Real Madrid and Juventus boss Fabio Capello has suggested that rubbish youth coaches should be thrown in prison for their crimes against football.

The coach recently embarked on a poor World Cup campaign with Russia but held on to his job despite a group stage exit, which mirrored that of his Italian compatriots who were knocked out after defeats to Costa Rica and Uruguay.

Capello is furious that younger players in his homeland are being taught tactics, rather than nurturing talent, and suggested that the lack of substantial financial reward for youth coaches is hindering Italian youngsters.

"Youth teams should be a great breeding ground for players and to do this you have to teach more technical than tactical," he told gazzettaregionale.it.

"Because the speed at which the game is played today it requires impeccable technique. This was clearly shown at the World Cup.

"Sometimes I see coaches in children of 10 or 11 years old being taught tactics. I think these coaches should be put in jail, because you have to teach the children to improve their technique.

"But since it is much easier teach tactics... That's the real problem of the youth. I would say that it is essential to focus on youth coaches who have passion and pay the good ones well for what they produce.

"If they are not paid in the right way then they will seek other avenues, because in this sector usually do not pay much. I speak from personal experience, because I did six years of coaching the youth at Milan.

"Too many times we prefer the physical side of the game, not the technical one, we look for the speed and technical intelligence (aka tactics). Obviously these choices have not been successful."
          Pass this on to CB and EK and other NEFC coaches. Capello is absolutely right.

Comment

Pass this on to CB and EK and other NEFC coaches. Capello is absolutely right.
            EK has u14
            Perhap all coaches could learn from this and recent USSF comments. You must have watched a few CB run games, what about training ?

Comment

EK has u14
              Perhap all coaches could learn from this and recent USSF comments. You must have watched a few CB run games, what about training ?
              Run Games? NEFC's U12s play kick and run? I've watched this team many times and they are more technical than most U14 teams.

Comment

Run Games? NEFC's U12s play kick and run? I've watched this team many times and they are more technical than most U14 teams.
                No doubt. NEFC spends the first 45 minutes of every practice doing technical training. They are so technical heavy that sometimes I worry my kid might forget how to dribble with the ball since they focus so much on technical and skills.

Comment

Lets clarify: Technical = skill on ball, ball striking, individual tool development; Tactical = Keeping shape, moving ball to appointed spots on field, set plays off frees/corners, team play development. Question for parents below u14 level: Is your coach helping provide your kid with "tools" that s/he can put in her toolbox to bring to any soccer game? Or is the coach using your kids' tools to build his own "project", ie, a winning team, playing his "system"? If so, you are on the wrong team, and we need to run and hide from these "rubbish" coaches before it is too late to develop necessary individual skills.

Comment

Lets clarify: Technical = skill on ball, ball striking, individual tool development; Tactical = Keeping shape, moving ball to appointed spots on field, set plays off frees/corners, team play development. Question for parents below u14 level: Is your coach helping provide your kid with "tools" that s/he can put in her toolbox to bring to any soccer game? Or is the coach using your kids' tools to build his own "project", ie, a winning team, playing his "system"? If so, you are on the wrong team, and we need to run and hide from these "rubbish" coaches before it is too late to develop necessary individual skills.
                    Again, for the 12 millionth time: the coaches' job is to teach the technical skills necessary to play the game. It is the RESPONSIBILITY of instructed player to practice these lessons as much as possible to further their impact. Blame coaches all you want, but if I instruct my players correctly on how to perform the basic techical skills, then I have done my job. If they refuse to practice, other than at my 2 or 3 hours a week, where does the fault lie?
                    To further this idea on technical vs tactical, numerous threads pop up with numbing regularity on the ball hog and their influence on the game. They are rarely positive in nature.
                    The answer is to eliminate games at a young age: no tactical training necessary if no games are played.
                    Every paying customer is impressed with a young squad that plays tactically sound football; they would be less so if same team dribbled through defenders ad Nauseum.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1435871]Lets clarify: Technical = skill on ball, ball striking, individual tool development; Tactical = Keeping shape, moving ball to appointed spots on field, set plays off frees/corners, team play development. Question for parents below u14 level: Is your coach helping provide your kid with "tools" that s/he can put in her toolbox to bring to any soccer game? Or is the coach using your kids' tools to build his own "project", ie, a winning team, playing his "system"? If so, you are on the wrong team, and we need to run and hide from these "rubbish" coaches before it is too late to develop necessary individual skills.[/

You do not think the best clubs in the world are not working on shape at 11 and 12?

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1435891]
                        Lets clarify: Technical = skill on ball, ball striking, individual tool development; Tactical = Keeping shape, moving ball to appointed spots on field, set plays off frees/corners, team play development. Question for parents below u14 level: Is your coach helping provide your kid with "tools" that s/he can put in her toolbox to bring to any soccer game? Or is the coach using your kids' tools to build his own "project", ie, a winning team, playing his "system"? If so, you are on the wrong team, and we need to run and hide from these "rubbish" coaches before it is too late to develop necessary individual skills.[/

You do not think the best clubs in the world are not working on shape at 11 and 12?
                        Even playing small sided games you need shape to attack and defend. Players can not just run around and play. Futsal, 7v7, 9v9 you need shape.

Comment

"Every paying customer is impressed with a young squad that plays tactically sound football; they would be less so if same team dribbled through defenders ad Nauseum."

There is the problem in a nutshell: "Paying customer"!!! As in those who fuel mercenary clubs, egotistical or financially incentivized coaches. These semi-educated soccer parents who love to see Johnny "win" u12 games and think there is value in "hot potato" passing, mindless defensive clearances, offside traps and 'system' play at that level should not be dictating development.

Seeing skilled players take on defenders is anything but nauseating. Watching frantic coaches stifle creativity is deadly.

Comment

"Every paying customer is impressed with a young squad that plays tactically sound football; they would be less so if same team dribbled through defenders ad Nauseum."

There is the problem in a nutshell: "Paying customer"!!! As in those who fuel mercenary clubs, egotistical or financially incentivized coaches. These semi-educated soccer parents who love to see Johnny "win" u12 games and think there is value in "hot potato" passing, mindless defensive clearances, offside traps and 'system' play at that level should not be dictating development.

Seeing skilled players take on defenders is anything but nauseating. Watching frantic coaches stifle creativity is deadly.
                            Sorry mate, but the US is the most fanatically results driven society in the world, with neither the inclination nor patience to allow proper technical development, whether on a playing field or in the classrooms, irrespective of age.
                            Please do not blame "incentivized" coaches or clubs: they are merely pawns responding to pressure.

Comment

No doubt. NEFC spends the first 45 minutes of every practice doing technical training. They are so technical heavy that sometimes I worry my kid might forget how to dribble with the ball since they focus so much on technical and skills.
                              NEFC's team are the worst coached teams in the entire region, especially CB's teams.He is single handedly the worst coach around. He teaches tactics to developing age kids for end results. Fabio Capello's views are entirely right. Parents should be appalled at this point. Jailed?, maybe not, but definitely sent packing!!! I witnessed the dozen or so NEFC kids at the Revs RDS and they are way behind in technical ability. Very sad, CB is incompetent and should not be coaching youngsters.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X