Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Revs DAP player, Fabio Machado, looked like a pro last night. Wonder if Revs are rethinking their decision not to sign him as a home-grown? Providence missed him when he went out with a shoulder injury. The other Revs guy, Dom Machado, also looked silky out there last night. Cool to see the Bolts connection at work: Thomas Ballentin's well-timed overlapping run set up a well executed cross directly to the head of Mac Steeves for their first goal. Really thought they were going to advance when Steeves one-timed it from the back post and UCLA tipped it in for that go-ahead. Nice run by Providence.
    I was wondering when clubs would start claiming their players on TS

Comment

Boring final yesterday. Unfortunate that soccer allows teams like UVA to just sit around their goal and choke off a good offensive team, then win on PK's. Not good for US soccer interest. Best game of the cup was clearly PC/UCLA. Both teams pushing the action all game long.

Comment

Boring final yesterday. Unfortunate that soccer allows teams like UVA to just sit around their goal and choke off a good offensive team, then win on PK's. Not good for US soccer interest. Best game of the cup was clearly PC/UCLA. Both teams pushing the action all game long.
        oh geez!!! You need to watch more soccer then because that type of game is played more than you think. Attractive, NO but it happens.

Comment

Agreed! Too bad UVA won. Boring and somewhat cowardly, no?. Yuck.
          UMBC vs. Providence would have been a better game.

Comment

I was wondering when clubs would start claiming their players on TS
            I'm the poster of the post you reference. Not a member of either club. Just a fan of the game talking about local kids I've been watching for years.

Comment

Also, you'll notice I tout players from two clubs, so that notion that I'm "claiming" kids for a particular club is mystifying.

Comment

oh geez!!! You need to watch more soccer then because that type of game is played more than you think. Attractive, NO but it happens.
                What the poster said was perfectly accurate whether or not you watch many games. I don't have the answer but games like that are not fun to watch nor do they anything but hurt interest in soccer.

Mac Steeves is a great Mass. story, though. Offensive MVP and the first time award given to non finalist.

Comment

What the poster said was perfectly accurate whether or not you watch many games. I don't have the answer but games like that are not fun to watch nor do they anything but hurt interest in soccer.

Mac Steeves is a great Mass. story, though. Offensive MVP and the first time award given to non finalist.
                  Mac did a real good Job out there and deserves his award hands down. UVA playing with the majority of their firepower either hurt or out for the season did the only thing they could do and got the win. A win is a win and I've seen plenty of ugly ones.

Comment

Mac did a real good Job out there and deserves his award hands down. UVA playing with the majority of their firepower either hurt or out for the season did the only thing they could do and got the win. A win is a win and I've seen plenty of ugly ones.
                    providence will be back next year

Comment

providence will be back next year
                      Doubtful. They lose their goalie who played almost every minute of every game the last two years. Naglestad, Machado and Towler are also HUGE losses. Everything fell right for them this year.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X