Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    No injury to Andrews. She didn't play well during the qualification tournament and lost her spot to some of the other mids who were a little more fit and technically stronger.

Not quite a no brainer, but probably a good choice. (now if the full national team could start making similar decisions instead of keeping players for life, we'd be heading in the right direction.)
    Couldn't agree more with you on that. My daughter plays for a decent D1 college team and I have watched many players who are amazing and have never had the chances some of these players have had. It would be nice to see some some progress in the way players are brought through the national system.

Comment

Well, it would open up at least one spot for my daughter.

Seriously, I'm not saying she isn't a great player. Just unbelievably overhyped. I saw her play in HS when she was already quite well known and recall being really underwhelmed. The hype machine is still going. It takes longer for it to die down in soccer as opposed to other sports.
      I am really disappointed that you would go this low in your 2-3 posts about this. Not surprised, but disappointed. It seems there is no floor we can can establish for you in terms of how low you will go.

Comment

back to soccer.....

some interesting matchups:

PC vs BC August 16

BU vs HC August 15

How will the PC and HC teams do against much toughter competition? They are only scrimmages, but as a boston college sports geek, I'll probably go see both games.

Comment

back to soccer.....

some interesting matchups:

PC vs BC August 16

BU vs HC August 15

How will the PC and HC teams do against much toughter competition? They are only scrimmages, but as a boston college sports geek, I'll probably go see both games.
          That isn't the question. The question is, with a questionable defense and injuries to key players, will the 2014 BC girls be more than just an average NE team this year?

Comment

BC will be the best team in New England even with the injuries. They are still loaded.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
              back to soccer.....

Some interesting matchups:

Pc vs bc august 16

bu vs hc august 15

how will the pc and hc teams do against much toughter competition? They are only scrimmages, but as a boston college sports geek, i'll probably go see both games.
              pc 2 - bc 1

bu 2 - hc 3

Comment

There are I think 22 D1w soccer programs in New England. Only 13 are in the top 189 of the RPI. the ranking by RPI teams in NE are :
                1. BC
                2. BU
                3. Harvard
                4. UConn
                5. Brown
                6. Dartmouth
                7. Yale
                8. PC
                9. Northeastern
                10.Fairfield
                11.Maine
                12.Hartford
                13.UMass
                14.Central Ct
                15.Vermont
                16.New Hampshire
                17.Quinnipiac
                18.Rhode Island
                19.Bryant
                20.Sacred Heart
                21.Holy Cross
                22.UMass Lowell

Comment

There are I think 22 D1w soccer programs in New England. Only 13 are in the top 189 of the RPI. the ranking by RPI teams in NE are :
                  1. BC
                  2. BU
                  3. Harvard
                  4. UConn
                  5. Brown
                  6. Dartmouth
                  7. Yale
                  8. PC
                  9. Northeastern
                  10.Fairfield
                  11.Maine
                  12.Hartford
                  13.UMass
                  14.Central Ct
                  15.Vermont
                  16.New Hampshire
                  17.Quinnipiac
                  18.Rhode Island
                  19.Bryant
                  20.Sacred Hearte
                  21.Holy Cross
                  22.UMass Lowell
                  .... And what is the source of this ranking, 2013, some preseason poll, or the always popular BC parents ranking?

Comment

These rankings are off the final 2013 w soccer RPI on the NCAA.com page

Comment

These rankings are off the final 2013 w soccer RPI on the NCAA.com page
                      ...and using that logic, the Red Sox are the best team in baseball this year.

Comment

1. BC
                        2. BU
                        3. Harvard
                        4. UConn
                        5. Brown
                        6. Dartmouth
                        7. Yale
                        8. PC
                        9. Northeastern
                        10.Fairfield
                        11.Maine
                        12.Hartford
                        13.UMass
                        14.Central Ct
                        15.Vermont
                        16.New Hampshire
                        17.Quinnipiac
                        18.Rhode Island
                        19.Bryant
                        20.Sacred Heart
                        21.Holy Cross
                        22.UMass Lowell

Looking at this list it will not be too far off for this year. Move PC up a bit and move Northeastrn up as well.

Comment

Looking at this list it will not be too far off for this year. Move PC up a bit and move Northeastrn up as well.
                          How did UConn get below BC?

Comment

How did UConn get below BC?
                            You have to understand how RPI works:

1)BC loses to UConn (Isn't that the important part? NO)
                            2)Then you lose to all the good ACC teams
                            3)Despite all the losses, their records prop you up.
                            3)You barely have a .500 record, obtained in virtually the last minutes of the season.
                            4) In RPI, shockingly your record is worth only 25%. LOL!

This team was in desperate need of a defense to stop the 4-5 goal games to legit teams like FSU and not so legit teams like Hofstra. With their leading goal scorer and WNT team player out, this even puts pressure on their strength.

Comment

You have to understand how RPI works:

1)BC loses to UConn (Isn't that the important part? NO)
                              2)Then you lose to all the good ACC teams
                              3)Despite all the losses, their records prop you up.
                              3)You barely have a .500 record, obtained in virtually the last minutes of the season.
                              4) In RPI, shockingly your record is worth only 25%. LOL!

This team was in desperate need of a defense to stop the 4-5 goal games to legit teams like FSU and not so legit teams like Hofstra. With their leading goal scorer and WNT team player out, this even puts pressure on their strength.
                              But UConn is better than BC. Why aren't they ahead of them on the list?

Comment

But UConn is better than BC. Why aren't they ahead of them on the list?
                                I think I explained why that happened last year. As for this year, I agree UConn will be better. That ranking is the 2013 listing.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X