Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSU Washed-up???

I heard from a parent friend at NSU that they just lost their U12A Girls team - whole team left for Aztec - Aztec the new monopoly on the north shore?? Parent said that NSU president SF has been shopping club around to sell out but turned down deals from two major clubs -it looks like another club on the north shore is dying

I also heard the club is in trouble - they are losing players left and right - it's too bad - decent competetion at some levels - seems like SF is bailing out - looking for a buyer....also heard he's in financial trouble...but is telling his parents otherwise...too bad - jump while you can or before your told where your playing...

Comment

I guess things must be really bad because I have no idea what NSU is.

Comment

i heard the same news - turns out a parent told me they have been shopping the club around - 3 clubs were approached and North Shore Untied pres. turn down the offers - i guess not enought money? control? who knows - latest is he's peddeling the club to FC Stars - good luck to those players/parents....another FC North comedy show - the last one turned out great - plus Stars only wants their $$$$ - the good players U13 and up have already left for better clubs - can't wait to see how this one goes over....looks like NSU is washed up - well done on the intel to whoever started this blog....

Comment

NSU is not washed-up. My kids are still at the club and NSU President sent out a very nice news letter to everyone at the club. Big exciting things are happening at NSU and the team that left were just a group of extreme parents.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            NSU is not washed-up. My kids are still at the club and NSU President sent out a very nice news letter to everyone at the club. Big exciting things are happening at NSU and the team that left were just a group of extreme parents.
            I agree NSU is not washed up. They are still very much underwater like they always have been. A below average club for weaker players.

Comment

Did you expect a newsletter saying they are trying to sell out? Extreme parents plus an English accented coach that loves to recruit (GC) and make money for himself and you get an entire team leaving. Not the first time and won't be the last time.

You have to love the English accents...they fall for it every time.

Comment

I've been involved in Club Soccer for over 10 years and I always laugh when I hear "Extreme parents or never satisfied parents, etc, etc" whenever a Team or group leaves a club.

Did it ever occur to the Club that they were not providing a service, need or want????

Don't get me wrong there are always those parents, people that will NEVER be satisfied but it seems like clubs never look at what the true cause of a team, group, etc leaving and all to quickly blame someone or something else and bring out the extreme, overzealous, unsatisfied parent angle..

Comment

agreed - I'm a "extreme parent" of one of those players - we left because (1) no NEP/NPL, NSU has tried to get in for 2-3 years and got rejected; (2) no new talent to tryouts - 4 "B" players were pulled up so team was A/B not an A team; (3) many conversions with coach and SF - all BS answers - never anything concrete - good luck to those staying - if your satisified witht he product then it's perfect for you - We were not.....it's not worth $2K - I can play $75 for town soccer and play the same caliber teams that are in Maple....now you have the facts from one of the "Extreme parents"!!!!

Comment

agreed - I'm a "extreme parent" of one of those players - we left because (1) no NEP/NPL, NSU has tried to get in for 2-3 years and got rejected; (2) no new talent to tryouts - 4 "B" players were pulled up so team was A/B not an A team; (3) many conversions with coach and SF - all BS answers - never anything concrete - good luck to those staying - if your satisified witht he product then it's perfect for you - We were not.....it's not worth $2K - I can play $75 for town soccer and play the same caliber teams that are in Maple....now you have the facts from one of the "Extreme parents"!!!!
                    Whatsa matter? Nsu not going to get little one into div 1.
                    Well, neither will nep, npl, maple or any other second rate league.
                    Go play town-you can be coach

Comment

I wonder if you spend as much time checking your daughters instagram account as you do worrying about her soccer 'career' and bashing 11 year old 'B' players?

Comment

I didn't see that parent as being too critical of B players but rather explaining why they weren't happy, which was for many reasons, including not having large numbers to choose from. If NSU didn't show it was growing or actively recruiting or didn't have many kids come to tryouts, that might be concerning to some parents. But I thought the entire team left for the Aztecs anyway, so aren't those former B team players still playing with their teammates, but are now wearing the Aztec uniform now?

U12 is so young anyway and these kids have a lot of development ahead of them. Nothing is written in stone for A, B levels etc at this time.

Comment

I wonder if you spend as much time checking your daughters instagram account as you do worrying about her soccer 'career' and bashing 11 year old 'B' players?
                          Can't do both huh? Why is it either/or?

I love the assumption that everyone is crazy if they decide a certain club is not a good fit for their kid and or their family. Imagine if the rest of the world worked like that. You could only buy a car from the closest dealer, or you had to go to the same restaurant over and over. Club soccer is just like any other purchase. If the customer is not happy or is looking for something different they are allowed to go elsewhere. This is is not China.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X