Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    A couple of the current Needham players were not offered spots in the DAP.
    If you are referring to the Needham kids who are currently rostered with the Blazer U18B team, then this statement is absolutely false. None of these have tried out for a DAP team.

Comment

If you are referring to the Needham kids who are currently rostered with the Blazer U18B team, then this statement is absolutely false. None of these have tried out for a DAP team.
      That you are aware of. Because they did not make it public. FO does not like that kind of stuff

Comment

I live out in western mass but i just heard about Hingham's season from a friend, so I went to look up some pictures. Ive never seen a team hold up a 2nd place trophy. In a time where sportsmanship is seen no where, Hingham looks like they had it. I know a father of a kid on hingham, so I could be biased, but he told me that leadership is what got them there, and only amazing leadership could rally a team that just played their last game for some ever and celebrate moments later a loss.... I'm looking at these pictures knowing those boys will grow up to be something special, and that their captains and coach seemed to do things the right way

Comment

What would the newly proposed 16 team super conference mean for high school soccer? Good thing or bad thing? GBL, Northeastern and Masco all merging. Could make for some interesting yearly match ups.

Comment

What would the newly proposed 16 team super conference mean for high school soccer? Good thing or bad thing? GBL, Northeastern and Masco all merging. Could make for some interesting yearly match ups.
            It wouldn't mean all that much. Obviously, it would make scheduling more automatic, especially for the GBL schools. It would give Masconomet more appropriate competition, since they are outsized for their current league. It doesn't affect the tournaments. Those changes are pretty modest IMO. Certainly no reason for soccer people to oppose this, if it becomes a serious possibility.

Comment

It wouldn't mean all that much. Obviously, it would make scheduling more automatic, especially for the GBL schools. It would give Masconomet more appropriate competition, since they are outsized for their current league. It doesn't affect the tournaments. Those changes are pretty modest IMO. Certainly no reason for soccer people to oppose this, if it becomes a serious possibility.

woah....details on this super conference. Seems like a tough league, GBL teams alonside Masco and Peabody.

Comment

Saw this on Facebook this weekend, Medford's Highlight Video of this season. Favorites for next season or overrated? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMURYmyMYMA

Comment

Saw this on Facebook this weekend, Medford's Highlight Video of this season. Favorites for next season or overrated? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMURYmyMYMA
                  I saw them play twice this year. Certainly one of the 'very early' favorites. Center back and striker are two of the best around and I believe only sophomores. Worth going to see next year even if you're just a fan of the game.

Comment

I saw them play twice this year. Certainly one of the 'very early' favorites. Center back and striker are two of the best around and I believe only sophomores. Worth going to see next year even if you're just a fan of the game.
                    Both are freshman! Very good players, but neither is from Medford, both were illegally recruited.

Comment

Both are freshman! Very good players, but neither is from Medford, both were illegally recruited.

METCO allows you to 'recruit' any minority from anywhere.

Comment

METCO allows you to 'recruit' any minority from anywhere.
                        Ignorance is not bliss.

Comment

Ignorance is not bliss.

Why this response. I stated fact. Metco allows transfers from lower economic areas to higher ones. A prior poster stated that the two Medford players were illegal. I claim that they are not.

Comment

To throw a charge like that out there without backing it up just stinks. Just who illegally recruited them and how did they do it and what violation did they break?

And if there is one bit of merit to your charge, why raise it here instead of face to face with those you accuse?- that's a rhetorical question. We both know the answer (along with your wife).

Crappy accusations like this show the clear need for this site to have an abuse button.

Comment

To throw a charge like that out there without backing it up just stinks. Just who illegally recruited them and how did they do it and what violation did they break?

And if there is one bit of merit to your charge, why raise it here instead of face to face with those you accuse?- that's a rhetorical question. We both know the answer (along with your wife).

Crappy accusations like this show the clear need for this site to have an abuse button.
                              agreed

Comment

Merry Christmas! Peace on earth and goodwill towards man...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X