X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

College job vacancy

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Look at the roster. The best players are Canadiens that were brought in 3 years ago. 2013 coach had a good group returning and did well. He left for seton hall. Present coach got fired from Iona so is he a good coach or lucky he inherited a good team?
    The Ex-Iona coach was terrible from what I was told from someone who played at Iona. My kid played odp and I can tell u he was awful there too. You would think he should at least have some credentials but he is not a good coach or communicator. I would not let my kid play for him as a college "coach".

Comment

Bryant Univ. looking for a new women's soccer coach.

http://www.bryantbulldogs.com/sports...20141111rzwufp
      There is/was a female assistant at Michigan, Angela Napoli, who has been applying for a lot of the recent openings in the area. She was a former player and coach at UMass; apparently looking to return to the area. Heard she had her name in for the UNH and UML jobs in the spring.

Comment

She hasn't been offered any job. What makes you think Bryant will offer her the job ?

Comment

Rudy at U Mass handed Napoli the job at U Mass and she did terrible with it. It is bad when the school did not retain an alum and someone who coached there for many years as an assistant. She has applied for every job under the sun and not gotten it even Southern NH

Comment

Look at the roster. The best players are Canadiens that were brought in 3 years ago. 2013 coach had a good group returning and did well. He left for seton hall. Present coach got fired from Iona so is he a good coach or lucky he inherited a good team?
            What's with the love of Canadian players. UMaine has many. Look what they did for them.

Comment

She hasn't been offered any job. What makes you think Bryant will offer her the job ?
              If she had been offered a job then she wouldn't still be looking. Why wouldn't she be a reasonable candidate at Bryant? She has D-I playing and coaching experience; she had a better record in her one year as UMass HC than the previous, long-time HC had the year before; and she's had a solid-stable career (5 years or so) in a big-time athletics program at Michigan. I'd rather hire someone who's had a stable career in a school like Michigan than one of these coaches that bounces from program to program every year or two. Women's soccer may not be football, basketball or hockey at Michigan, but you still learn a lot from watching how those big time programs are run.

Comment

Rudy at U Mass handed Napoli the job at U Mass and she did terrible with it. It is bad when the school did not retain an alum and someone who coached there for many years as an assistant. She has applied for every job under the sun and not gotten it even Southern NH
                Why do you say she did terrible at UMass? If I remember correctly her record was better than his in his last year. I go the impression that she was just a stop-gap while UMass did a wider search. However, I'll be happy to admit that I have no first-hand knowledge - could be that she's a great AC as a keeper coach, but that's the most she'll ever be. If you have first-hand knowledge as to why she's "terrible" then I'd be glad to listen.

I'm not sure how much you can judge on the jobs she didn't get: UNH with its recent coaching merry-go-round desperately needed an experienced HC and got one from Stonybrook. SNHU actively targeted an alumni for the job who had >10 years HC experience at UML while playing in the same conference (NE-10) and who already lived in NH. And UML hired an assistant.

Comment

Why do you say she did terrible at UMass? If I remember correctly her record was better than his in his last year. I go the impression that she was just a stop-gap while UMass did a wider search. However, I'll be happy to admit that I have no first-hand knowledge - could be that she's a great AC as a keeper coach, but that's the most she'll ever be. If you have first-hand knowledge as to why she's "terrible" then I'd be glad to listen.

I'm not sure how much you can judge on the jobs she didn't get: UNH with its recent coaching merry-go-round desperately needed an experienced HC and got one from Stonybrook. SNHU actively targeted an alumni for the job who had >10 years HC experience at UML while playing in the same conference (NE-10) and who already lived in NH. And UML hired an assistant.
                  It maybe tough to take a former GK coach as a D1 head coach, because they just don't have the field player experience.

Comment

It maybe tough to take a former GK coach as a D1 head coach, because they just don't have the field player experience.
                    GK's see the whole field and typically understand the team's system at a much higher level than most field players do so this post demonstrates a level of ignorance which makes you hope they have no actual input into any coaching decisions at any level.

Comment

Present PC has the best recruiting connections in Northeast of all the candidates. Did JM get an interview?

Comment

Although it hasn't been announced, rumor has it that Angela Napoli got the job a Bryant. Looking at Michigan's coaches list, she was there in the fall and looks as though replaced for the spring.

Comment

any word on U Mass men's job?

Comment

any word on U Mass men's job?
                            Joel Bancroft

Comment

Joel Bancroft
                              After last year at UML? Unlikely. Where are you getting your info?

Comment

The UM alums are making a big push for JM from BC

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X