Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    No kidding! I'm the 37 year soccer vet above. Some tactics accepted as part of the game when I was in high school and college would earn an immediate sending off now.
    LOL!!! How true .

Comment

My daughter's team(s) have played in the Phoenix Cup for the last 3 years. We did not see the incident the OP described and have never witnessed anything like it in the past. This tournament has always been very enjoyable and the quality level of the referees has been typical of any of the many Florida youth soccer tournaments we attend each year. Parents fighting parents at a youth soccer game is totally unacceptable and should be dealt with by the parent's clubs, State youth soccer associations and the criminal justice system to the fullest extent of their rules and laws. But to put the blame for this incident on anyone other than the idiotic parents who couldn't control themselves would be an injustice to all the referees and host club members who work hard every year to provide an enjoyable youth soccer tournament.

Comment

From the OP:
        There has to be some consequence for adult coaches who train and teach kids to hurt other kids so they can win. There has to be some consequence for a league, and referee group that endorse that level of violence, by being negligent of your duty.
        Now that you've had a few days to calm down, do you still believe that coaches are actually training kids to hurt other kids? Do you still believe there are referees that endorse violence?

If so, your only hope is to find another sport for your daughter, because you simply don't have the temperament for youth soccer. You will see anything that threatens your little snowflake as an outrageous injustice instead of an opportunity to learn and grow. And we will have to listen to your pathetic whining and accusations on TS for the next 8 years, because I don't believe for a second that you have the knowledge, fortitude, or desire to deal with these situations like a rational adult.

Let us know what you plan to do.

Comment

Huh?

From the OP:

Now that you've had a few days to calm down, do you still believe that coaches are actually training kids to hurt other kids? Do you still believe there are referees that endorse violence?

If so, your only hope is to find another sport for your daughter, because you simply don't have the temperament for youth soccer. You will see anything that threatens your little snowflake as an outrageous injustice instead of an opportunity to learn and grow. And we will have to listen to your pathetic whining and accusations on TS for the next 8 years, because I don't believe for a second that you have the knowledge, fortitude, or desire to deal with these situations like a rational adult.

Let us know what you plan to do.
          During the game in question, our parents were livid with the amount of violence, not soccer skill, these Brevard children had been habituated to. That is a direct reflection of the coach. We could hear the Brevard parents clapping and laughing as their kids threw our children around. After one brutal "FOUL" in penalty area, the defender with both arms outstretched, pushed another child to the ground, a parent from Brevard was heard saying, "that's how the game is played". That kid doesn't know how to play soccer. The referee didn't call the foul and never considered calling it a foul, so he is either low quality or corrupt, or both. And the parent, and you, who think that that kind of flagrant, and persistent dangerous fouls is "how the game is played" are wrong. Because nobody wins. The kid who gets injured starts playing afraid, or quits all together. And the child that is taught, "that's how the game is played" finds out real quick that it's not. And a quality referee neutralizes his or her skill.

Comment

During the game in question, our parents were livid with the amount of violence, not soccer skill, these Brevard children had been habituated to. That is a direct reflection of the coach. We could hear the Brevard parents clapping and laughing as their kids threw our children around. After one brutal "FOUL" in penalty area, the defender with both arms outstretched, pushed another child to the ground, a parent from Brevard was heard saying, "that's how the game is played". That kid doesn't know how to play soccer. The referee didn't call the foul and never considered calling it a foul, so he is either low quality or corrupt, or both. And the parent, and you, who think that that kind of flagrant, and persistent dangerous fouls is "how the game is played" are wrong. Because nobody wins. The kid who gets injured starts playing afraid, or quits all together. And the child that is taught, "that's how the game is played" finds out real quick that it's not. And a quality referee neutralizes his or her skill.
            Sorry, but your version of events is so polluted by your personal concern for your own child that it has no credibility whatsoever. As an inexperienced and over-involved soccer parent, your opinion on what is excessive may be drastically different from the opinions of more experienced and rational observers. Do all of your team parents agree with you? Why aren't they weighing in here?

I hope venting here made you feel better, but that's all it will accomplish. Take your video evidence to someone in a position to do something about it. If the video shows unprovoked violence and/or willful negligence, action will be taken. If it doesn't, please seriously consider whether you should continue your involvement in youth soccer.

I predict you will do absolutely nothing except cry and complain anonymously on this forum. For 8 more years, possibly. Please prove me wrong and make good choices. The first good choice would be to stop posting here.

Comment

If the Referee didn't call it? There's No foul. We surely can't trust your obviously lopsided point of view. We need an impartial witness to verify this before you whiners spew any more of your nonsensical dribble.

Comment

To the OP:

Here is the contact information for the Brevard Youth Soccer League and Brevard Soccer Alliance:

BYSL Executive Committee:
                Chairman: Justin Lauer, bysl.chair@gmail.com
                Vice-Chairman:Stephen Huff, huffsw@gmail.com

Brevard Soccer Alliance:
                President: Howard Engle, president@brevardsoccer.org
                Vice President: Kristie Utzler, vicepresident@brevardsoccer.org

Please act like a mature adult and contact these people today. Your next post should be a report on your meeting with them and their reaction to your video. No more whining.

Comment

I see what you did there

Sorry, but your version of events is so polluted by your personal concern for your own child that it has no credibility whatsoever. As an inexperienced and over-involved soccer parent, your opinion on what is excessive may be drastically different from the opinions of more experienced and rational observers. Do all of your team parents agree with you? Why aren't they weighing in here?

I hope venting here made you feel better, but that's all it will accomplish. Take your video evidence to someone in a position to do something about it. If the video shows unprovoked violence and/or willful negligence, action will be taken. If it doesn't, please seriously consider whether you should continue your involvement in youth soccer.

I predict you will do absolutely nothing except cry and complain anonymously on this forum. For 8 more years, possibly. Please prove me wrong and make good choices. The first good choice would be to stop posting here.
                  How about í not listen to anything you have to say, ignore your insults, and do whatever í think is best. If you don't like what I'm saying, don't read it, don't post. Trying to neutralize bad press about your bad league, violent parents, crooked referees, is commendable, but a waste of time. The spark that lit the fight was an unhinged Brevard parent. Despite a referee that wasn't calling the game, and the meathead style those kids have been taught to play...they still lost the game. The Brevard parent was furious that his daughter's hockey team was loosing, so he attacked the smallest, and oldest (68 years old) Armada guest in our group. Trying to explain this away with me being a cry baby, or í should do this, or do that...we are doing something about it. However, í won't be talking about actions being taken related to the events that took place on the field, and on the sidelines. Two issues here that are related. One criminal, the other, a dereliction of responsibility by the official, both filmed.

Comment

How about í not listen to anything you have to say, ignore your insults, and do whatever í think is best. If you don't like what I'm saying, don't read it, don't post. Trying to neutralize bad press about your bad league, violent parents, crooked referees, is commendable, but a waste of time. The spark that lit the fight was an unhinged Brevard parent. Despite a referee that wasn't calling the game, and the meathead style those kids have been taught to play...they still lost the game. The Brevard parent was furious that his daughter's hockey team was loosing, so he attacked the smallest, and oldest (68 years old) Armada guest in our group
                    In case you haven't figured it out yet, nobody here believes you.

I'm not defending the alleged behavior of the parents or trying to neutralize anything. I'm criticizing your choice to talk about it here before it's been verified and dealt with properly. You think you're "warning" people, but all you're really doing is stirring up criticism from experienced soccer parents who have heard it all before. Parents who are sick of delusional mommies and daddies who think their online rants serve any purpose other than sideshow entertainment.

However, í won't be talking about actions being taken related to the events that took place on the field, and on the sidelines.
                    You won't talk about actions being taken. What a surprise. That means you are doing nothing that will lead to anything real. There is no reason to be so open with your accusations but secretive about your plans. You were given good advice in posts #50 and #52. Get off your computer and take the advice.

Comment

In case you haven't figured it out yet, nobody here believes you.

I'm not defending the alleged behavior of the parents or trying to neutralize anything. I'm criticizing your choice to talk about it here before it's been verified and dealt with properly. You think you're "warning" people, but all you're really doing is stirring up criticism from experienced soccer parents who have heard it all before. Parents who are sick of delusional mommies and daddies who think their online rants serve any purpose other than sideshow entertainment.

You won't talk about actions being taken. What a surprise. That means you are doing nothing that will lead to anything real. There is no reason to be so open with your accusations but secretive about your plans. You were given good advice in posts #50 and #52. Get off your computer and take the advice.
                      Exactly, I'm thinking dear old grandpa instigated this fight and now the poster is trying to protect his 'good' name.

Comment

Exactly, I'm thinking dear old grandpa instigated this fight and now the poster is trying to protect his 'good' name.
                        The OP has video evidence but refuses to post it. That always means the video shows something different from what they claim. If we saw the video I suspect we would see the refs not in a position to see those egregious fouls, and "sparks" coming from the Jax sideline as well.

Comment

Two issues here that are related. One criminal, the other, a dereliction of responsibility by the official, both filmed.
                          How hard is it to post the video on YouTube and post a link here? If the video exists put it up and prove us all wrong. Otherwise shut up and stop your childish bashing of other clubs and refs. Trust me, we've all been there. I've had kids in comp soccer for more than 15 years, been to almost every tournament in the state and all the big ones around the country. You're not describing anything we haven't all seen before. The true players deal with it and become better players for the experience. You think your kid's game was too physica;, wait until she gets to college. Of course she won't be playing in college if you and she can't hack it now.

Comment

The OP has video evidence but refuses to post it. That always means the video shows something different from what they claim. If we saw the video I suspect we would see the refs not in a position to see those egregious fouls, and "sparks" coming from the Jax sideline as well.
                            Agreed. That's why this video will never be shown to the authorities. OP knows the video would contradict her story, so all she can do is come on here and bash others to make herself feels better.

People with solid evidence of wrongdoing never waste their time accusing anonymously.

Comment

How about í not listen to anything you have to say, ignore your insults, and do whatever í think is best. If you don't like what I'm saying, don't read it, don't post. Trying to neutralize bad press about your bad league, violent parents, crooked referees, is commendable, but a waste of time. The spark that lit the fight was an unhinged Brevard parent. Despite a referee that wasn't calling the game, and the meathead style those kids have been taught to play...they still lost the game. The Brevard parent was furious that his daughter's hockey team was loosing, so he attacked the smallest, and oldest (68 years old) Armada guest in our group. Trying to explain this away with me being a cry baby, or í should do this, or do that...we are doing something about it. However, í won't be talking about actions being taken related to the events that took place on the field, and on the sidelines. Two issues here that are related. One criminal, the other, a dereliction of responsibility by the official, both filmed.

I have your parents on film verbally abusing the ref. Take some responsibility for your own actions.

Comment

I have your parents on film verbally abusing the ref. Take some responsibility for your own actions.
                                So post it already or shut up.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X