Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So, I went to this event and played two BSA teams. We had no issues with the players conduct. Parents of one group were a bit of a challenge but other group were not.

The second group was coached by the executive director so that probably helped. I am not saying what you feel happened did not. But I will challenge the comments on this being a club wide issue.

I have attended the last three years with no issues.
    Wow, BSA has an executive director? Big time club

Comment

Wow, BSA has an executive director? Big time club
      Yuge!

Comment

OP, apparently your opinions are not shared by others who attended that event. You have your work cut out for you. If you choose to post again, your next message should be to share what you're going to do about this. No more accusations.

Comment

Not accusations

OP, apparently your opinions are not shared by others who attended that event. You have your work cut out for you. If you choose to post again, your next message should be to share what you're going to do about this. No more accusations.
          Not accusations. Game was filmed. Fight was filmed. Plenty of witnesses. Any threats of libel? We have the video of what happened.

Comment

Not accusations. Game was filmed. Fight was filmed. Plenty of witnesses. Any threats of libel? We have the video of what happened.
            Don't see anyone threatening you with libel rather people saying your rant will be ineffective here on TS and asking for the video.

I personally would like to see the video as well so please post.

I did not see the incident but did hear about a fight breaking out and the police being called.

Was that this fight?

Comment

Yes...

Don't see anyone threatening you with libel rather people saying your rant will be ineffective here on TS and asking for the video.

I personally would like to see the video as well so please post.

I did not see the incident but did hear about a fight breaking out and the police being called.

Was that this fight?
              Yes that was the fight. Out of frustration, Armada parents were grumbling and complaining about the level of physical play being allowed the the referee. Kids were being literally thrown around. After a particularly hard foul that the referee once again did not see, the parent of that child got angry and started yelling at the referee to call the game. Just then that parent was approached by a Brevard parent and they started yelling, tve Brevard parent thought he was in Europe playing for Juventus, and head butted the Armada parent, fists started to fly, the Brevard parent's 16 year old son jumped in and the parents were separated forcefully. After being separated the Brevard parent and son continued to antagonize and had to be further restrained. Then the cops showed up. I saw someone started a new Phoenix cup thread.

Comment

Yes that was the fight. Out of frustration, Armada parents were grumbling and complaining about the level of physical play being allowed the the referee. Kids were being literally thrown around. After a particularly hard foul that the referee once again did not see, the parent of that child got angry and started yelling at the referee to call the game. Just then that parent was approached by a Brevard parent and they started yelling, tve Brevard parent thought he was in Europe playing for Juventus, and head butted the Armada parent, fists started to fly, the Brevard parent's 16 year old son jumped in and the parents were separated forcefully. After being separated the Brevard parent and son continued to antagonize and had to be further restrained. Then the cops showed up. I saw someone started a new Phoenix cup thread.
                Nice, gotta love a headbutt from a parent in youth soccer. I am sorry that this happened and have never had any issues when playing an Armada Club. Although I have had limited experience with them (2-3 games). Their players and coaches have always been good to play against.

I would point out that the sideline conduct from your club in this instance did contribute to the issue. Coaches should be the one speaking with the ref if the game is getting out of control not parents. Your Club generally has qualified / educated coaches and they should be trusted to do their jobs. Just like parents should not coach from the sideline they should not yell at the ref. As a coach I have been in a couple of games were I felt the play was dangerous and addressed it with the official.

If the game would have continued to escalate I would have pull my team to the sideline and not let them continue to play and or brought a tournament director to the field to monitor the situation.

Comment

Nice, gotta love a headbutt from a parent in youth soccer. I am sorry that this happened and have never had any issues when playing an Armada Club. Although I have had limited experience with them (2-3 games). Their players and coaches have always been good to play against.

I would point out that the sideline conduct from your club in this instance did contribute to the issue. Coaches should be the one speaking with the ref if the game is getting out of control not parents. Your Club generally has qualified / educated coaches and they should be trusted to do their jobs. Just like parents should not coach from the sideline they should not yell at the ref. As a coach I have been in a couple of games were I felt the play was dangerous and addressed it with the official.

If the game would have continued to escalate I would have pull my team to the sideline and not let them continue to play and or brought a tournament director to the field to monitor the situation.

As a reader of this forum and someone who was not at this game, I disagree with the people saying he shouldn't post on this forum. The more information we as parents have about tournaments, teams, parents the better off we are. The next time my kid would play a team from the club this parent mentioned I would tell all of our parents to be on the lookout for this kind of play and tactics and let our coach know about it as well. If what this post is saying is true, they will be warned, if not, then no problem.

I also disagree that parents should sit back an watch their kid get continually abused and kicked, fouled and hurt on the field and simply be quiet and not say anything when the ref ignores it and the game turns into a melee of physical contact. The parents should let the ref know about it and if bad enough, simply pull their kids from the field and leave.

Comment

Snowflake

As a reader of this forum and someone who was not at this game, I disagree with the people saying he shouldn't post on this forum. The more information we as parents have about tournaments, teams, parents the better off we are. The next time my kid would play a team from the club this parent mentioned I would tell all of our parents to be on the lookout for this kind of play and tactics and let our coach know about it as well. If what this post is saying is true, they will be warned, if not, then no problem.

I also disagree that parents should sit back an watch their kid get continually abused and kicked, fouled and hurt on the field and simply be quiet and not say anything when the ref ignores it and the game turns into a melee of physical contact. The parents should let the ref know about it and if bad enough, simply pull their kids from the field and leave.
                    Parents should NEVER pull a player and parents should NEVER let the ref know. There are other avenues to alert people to "perceived" indiscretions. Again, this was a game with 10 and 11 years olds. Pathetic

Comment

Let's be realistic here. Posting on TS is venting and has very little use for much else. My club had teams in the event and didn't have a single problem. A confusing ungrammatical rant isn't going to give meaningful information to parents reading TS about anything, especially if it is allowed to stand on its own. The impression it gave of the event wasn't representative of the weekend at all.

Venting on TS does not get complaints to the right people, all it does is spread gossip. As an anonymous forum, the information imparted is practically impossible to verify. Entertaining forum at times to be sure, but anyone using it to learn realistic information about a club or a program is fooling themselves.

Comment

I disagree. Letting everyone know will just set the stage for them to jump on the this club is so dirty band wagon.

Pulling your kid from the field is a joke if you do your kid will be embarrassed and probably will get cut from the team.

The reality is parents see the game differently as they are protective of their kids. I have been in many situations of controlled risk with my kids and those I have been entrusted with and it's a whole different situation when it is your kids. Logic is replaced by Love and what you see as safe for someone else or even yourself is not so much for your kid.

Comment

Parents should NEVER pull a player and parents should NEVER let the ref know. There are other avenues to alert people to "perceived" indiscretions. Again, this was a game with 10 and 11 years olds. Pathetic
                          I agree. In our club the process is communicated clearly. Parents losing their mind over a ref they think is allowing dangerous play are to a) allow at least ten minutes to see if the coach addresses it during a break in play, b) ask the team manager to go to the coach (since the manager has a pass allowing him or her on that side of the pitch) to ask the coach to address it with the ref, c) go sit in the car if you can't control your temper.

Frankly, a parent's perception of dangerous play can easily be laughable to everyone else more experienced with the sport. I've seen parents freak the heck out when an opposing player makes any sort of contact. They scream for a foul if two players just tussle over the ball and one loses their balance. It's ridiculous. Fortunately, my kids are all aging out soon so they've reached an age where the parents know darn well there is going to be physical play that looks worse from the touchlines than it actually is.

Parents new to comp soccer with younger kids do seem to overreact more.

Comment

I agree. In our club the process is communicated clearly. Parents losing their mind over a ref they think is allowing dangerous play are to a) allow at least ten minutes to see if the coach addresses it during a break in play, b) ask the team manager to go to the coach (since the manager has a pass allowing him or her on that side of the pitch) to ask the coach to address it with the ref, c) go sit in the car if you can't control your temper.

Frankly, a parent's perception of dangerous play can easily be laughable to everyone else more experienced with the sport. I've seen parents freak the heck out when an opposing player makes any sort of contact. They scream for a foul if two players just tussle over the ball and one loses their balance. It's ridiculous. Fortunately, my kids are all aging out soon so they've reached an age where the parents know darn well there is going to be physical play that looks worse from the touchlines than it actually is.

Parents new to comp soccer with younger kids do seem to overreact more.
                            What you say is true but also there are times when a parent is absolutely correct. The other teams do on occasion have kids that are out to hurt people, they do play dirty and they do injure other kids. Even at age 10. No idea if that happened in this case, but it does happen and a parents concern should not be swept under the rug as "well you don't know what you are seeing, parents are emotional" Your darn right I'm emotional when a kid hits my kid in the face with an elbow off the ball or steps on his groin when he's down, or pinches him in the privates on corner kicks. If that is happening, the ref is not seeing it and the coaches aren't either, a parent has every right to yell his head off and let the ref, and everone else watching the game know what is happening.

It happened to my kid and I yelled at the ref, and then yelled out loud for everyone to know that "#15 plays dirty and hits in the head" " watch this play, #15 is going to foul" on a corner kick I yelled, "Ref #15 if pinching him, can't you see it" At that point when nothing is done, you have the right to leave the game and the entire team should as well. Maybe then it would clean up the game.

Comment

Let's be realistic here. Posting on TS is venting and has very little use for much else. My club had teams in the event and didn't have a single problem. A confusing ungrammatical rant isn't going to give meaningful information to parents reading TS about anything, especially if it is allowed to stand on its own. The impression it gave of the event wasn't representative of the weekend at all.

Venting on TS does not get complaints to the right people, all it does is spread gossip. As an anonymous forum, the information imparted is practically impossible to verify. Entertaining forum at times to be sure, but anyone using it to learn realistic information about a club or a program is fooling themselves.
                              +1

If the OP really wants to warn people, wait until the complaints are validated and disciplinary actions are taken. Most TS readers will dismiss unverified rants. Actual action taken against a player/parent/team/club who misbehaves isn't so easy to dismiss.

Comment

Clavicle

I disagree. Letting everyone know will just set the stage for them to jump on the this club is so dirty band wagon.

Pulling your kid from the field is a joke if you do your kid will be embarrassed and probably will get cut from the team.

The reality is parents see the game differently as they are protective of their kids. I have been in many situations of controlled risk with my kids and those I have been entrusted with and it's a whole different situation when it is your kids. Logic is replaced by Love and what you see as safe for someone else or even yourself is not so much for your kid.
                                Only 11 years old. Last year, same circumstances, í watch a 10 year old defender FAES a 60 pound girl into the ground. She broke,her clavicle, didn't touch a soccer ball for 5 months. The kid and coach were elevated to ECNL, no punishment...just promotions. Won't say which club...because after all...it's only little girls playing kickball. I hope your kid isn't a arrojaron south east ECNL U12...because that same kid is still out there being rewarded for aggressiveness.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X