Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open letter to Phoenix cup

Dear Phoenix cup tournament officials, specifically the referee team, and league officials and parents of BYSL.
    What í watched this weekend was violence that I've never seen in all my years of watching and participating in soccer, in California and Europe.

A coach, a team, and a group of parents who have taken a group of kids and trained them to dish out brutality, to physically punish other teams with jabs, elbows, hand pushing, lifting elbows into defender's faces to intimidate, foot stepping, fouls away from the ball, fouls after the whistle...it's obvious these kids are being trained this way, a center defender who gets beat 1:1 turns, and with arms outstretched heaves a striker onto the ground in the box, and then the center defender "dives" this can only be taught (no call from Ref). Kids don't have the instincts to do these Marco Materazzi moves. The kid wearing the captain armband, striker, lifting her forearm and elbow into the face our defenders múltiples times to manufacture space...all very dangerous (no call from Ref)

Referee. You are terrible to allow such dangerous and violent behaviour, and as a result of your loosing control of that game, it directly resulted in a physical altercation between parents whose kids were being victimized by you, the referee, allowing BYSL to play that garbage soccer.

So here's what I'm doing as a parent. Next year. No Phoenix cup. No money. I won't be giving your group of thug coaches any of my money. And í will encourage our team parents to protest your dangerous tournement. I won't be helping to pay referees who don't call the game straight. I won't put my child at risk for an injury to come down there and put them on the field and have your non soccer playing meatheads attack and assault, allow the referees who are trying to manufacture and outcome, or be attacked by crazy parents who are used to beating teams (literally) 8-0.

So I'm done with your fake soccer
    I'm finished with your hockey coaches
    I'm not supporting your league fund raising
    And your habituated parents who need to be medicated
    In the end, your crooked referees, your violent kids, your deranged coaches, and the father and son team that attacked a 68 year old man on the sidelines taking pictures, your aggression got you choked out to the ground in front of your family and team parents, our clean playing kids still beat your cheating team and referees. My hat off to Space Coast. They beat us, they beat you. They won. Their kids are better. They play clean and hard. Space Coast got a referee who wasn't comfortable with the amount of violence your players are accustomed to, called the game tight, and you lost...again...as expected.

There has to be some consequence for adult coaches who train and teach kids to hurt other kids so they can win. There has to be some consequence for a league, and referee group that endorse that level of violence, by being negligent of your duty. When your parents think that's what soccer is, and laugh when their kids deliberately injure our kids, there has to be a consequence. We won't be their next year, or ever again until you thugs clean up your act.

I can't tell from your post whether you're angry at the tournament officials, the host club, a particular league, one of your opponent teams, their parents, or just the world in general.

Sounds like you had a bad weekend. There are appropriate channels for dealing with situations like this. Posting anonymously on TS isn't one of them.

Comment

Lamentations...observations.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I can't tell from your post whether you're angry at the tournament officials, the host club, a particular league, one of your opponent teams, their parents, or just the world in general.

Sounds like you had a bad weekend. There are appropriate channels for dealing with situations like this. Posting anonymously on TS isn't one of them.
      I disagree. Posting on this forum is exactly a proper and measured way to deal with a system that favors cheats and meatheads. And by posting anonymously that an individual is "angry at the world" delegitimizes their comment is troll 101. You weren't there, and you didn't see how far these folks in Cocoabeach will go to manufacture a win for their kids. The measured response, not go down there anymore, not to give them money, and tell as many people how guest teams from Jacksonville are treated at the Phoenix cup. Ultimately encouraging other teams not to participate in these fund raising tournaments in economically depressed areas around Florida.
      If you don't agree that having kids injured to manufacture a win for nonathletic, "under represented kids" being taught how to intimidate and injure other kids...then I'll put you in the, " I'm a degenerate parent whom belly laughs when my slow fat, non soccer playing kid commits a foul and hurts a kid" category.

Comment

I disagree. Posting on this forum is exactly a proper and measured way to deal with a system that favors cheats and meatheads.
        How exactly is posting on this forum "dealing with" the situation? Nobody believes anything posted here, especially when there's a suspicious lack of details and the poster gives no indication that the proper channels are being pursued.

There are appropriate methods for dealing with this. Please look into it. Ranting on an anonymous forum will accomplish nothing, except provide entertainment for the experienced parents who have heard it all before.

Comment

I disagree. Posting on this forum is exactly a proper and measured way to deal with a system that favors cheats and meatheads. And by posting anonymously that an individual is "angry at the world" delegitimizes their comment is troll 101. You weren't there, and you didn't see how far these folks in Cocoabeach will go to manufacture a win for their kids. The measured response, not go down there anymore, not to give them money, and tell as many people how guest teams from Jacksonville are treated at the Phoenix cup. Ultimately encouraging other teams not to participate in these fund raising tournaments in economically depressed areas around Florida.
          If you don't agree that having kids injured to manufacture a win for nonathletic, "under represented kids" being taught how to intimidate and injure other kids...then I'll put you in the, " I'm a degenerate parent whom belly laughs when my slow fat, non soccer playing kid commits a foul and hurts a kid" category.
          Your post is blatantly racist. One of the reasons the US can't compete internationally is that entitled parents like you want to blame everyone else for the fact that your sissy kid can't fend for himself on the field.

Comment

You may not believe it...

How exactly is posting on this forum "dealing with" the situation? Nobody believes anything posted here, especially when there's a suspicious lack of details and the poster gives no indication that the proper channels are being pursued.

There are appropriate methods for dealing with this. Please look into it. Ranting on an anonymous forum will accomplish nothing, except provide entertainment for the experienced parents who have heard it all before.
            You may not believe it...but for those parents who were there, paid money to that criminal organization...we won't be making the same mistake twice. Bleed them dry, the only thing that gets BOD and DOC attention. Deprive them of what they love the most...money.

You don't have to believe what I'm writing. However, the 68 year old that was attacked films all our games, he has the video of the kids brutality, the Brevard coaches enthusiasm, the official not making calls against Brevard, and the fight that ensued.

Comment

You may not believe it...but for those parents who were there, paid money to that criminal organization...we won't be making the same mistake twice. Bleed them dry, the only thing that gets BOD and DOC attention. Deprive them of what they love the most...money.

You don't have to believe what I'm writing. However, the 68 year old that was attacked films all our games, he has the video of the kids brutality, the Brevard coaches enthusiasm, the official not making calls against Brevard, and the fight that ensued.
              So post a link to the highlights. Let us all make our own judgment.

Comment

The refs?

Thank GOD someone is filming what, U10's, playing soccer so we can treat it like the World Cup. Now you have "proof" about all the atrocities. It's the REFS fault that parents fought?
                No, it's the PARENTS FAULT, nice example for the kids. The only problem with youth soccer in this country is we let parents attend games and practices. What qualifications do you have to throw out all these accusations? Let me guess, you've been watching youth soccer for 6 months and know everything. Are you a qualified ref by chance? Of course this would never happen at your club, all the refs are all Grade 1 FIFA.

Comment

If you have video evidence, and what you are saying is correct and not an exaggeration, you will absolutely get satisfaction if you handle it properly. Here's what you should do:
                  1. Find somebody with experience in these matters. Ask for help. You are too emotionally involved.
                  2. Stop posting here. There is absolutely no point. Save your comments until the authorities have dealt with the situation. Then your warnings will carry some weight.

Comment

Endorsement

Thank GOD someone is filming what, U10's, playing soccer so we can treat it like the World Cup. Now you have "proof" about all the atrocities. It's the REFS fault that parents fought?
                    No, it's the PARENTS FAULT, nice example for the kids. The only problem with youth soccer in this country is we let parents attend games and practices. What qualifications do you have to throw out all these accusations? Let me guess, you've been watching youth soccer for 6 months and know everything. Are you a qualified ref by chance? Of course this would never happen at your club, all the refs are all Grade 1 FIFA.
                    Calling it racism, or sour grapes, or whatever just dismissive of the issue. Armada coaches don't train their kids to purposely foul to injure a defender you're having problems getting around. As parents, we respect clean, fair play. #12 Space Coast is a phenomenal player, and the coaches and team in general are a class act. See what í did there, complimentary toward a better team that beat us. This isn't about sour grapes, Armada won against Brevard. But if we had lost, it wouldn't have been because we weren't the better team, it would have been because the captain striker has a peculiar habit of running into,defenders and lifting her elbow into the chin of defenders, and referees not calling it. Or because the slow, clunky defenders getting beat on the other end have a habit of liberally using hands and elbows to even the playing field. This os not soccer. As evidenced by these meathead tactics being neutralized by a referee calling the game tight. To the bigger issue. These are the teams that represent Florida soccer, they go to local tournaments and neutralize opponents with brutality. When they go out of state where they can't control how the referee is calling the game, this style of play becomes a liability. You take cards, and give opposition the advantage. I would never encourage either of my children to foul another child to gain the advantage, or laugh, or condone such behavior. This is about adult coaches teaching kids how to hurt other kids,ti gain an advantage, and league referees calling the game for the home team to facilitate an advantage. Under those circumstances, our kids still beat Brevard, but there was a cost, after being literally beat up...our kids had nothing left in the tank.

Comment

Calling it racism, or sour grapes, or whatever just dismissive of the issue. Armada coaches don't train their kids to purposely foul to injure a defender you're having problems getting around. As parents, we respect clean, fair play. #12 Space Coast is a phenomenal player, and the coaches and team in general are a class act. See what í did there, complimentary toward a better team that beat us. This isn't about sour grapes, Armada won against Brevard. But if we had lost, it wouldn't have been because we weren't the better team, it would have been because the captain striker has a peculiar habit of running into,defenders and lifting her elbow into the chin of defenders, and referees not calling it. Or because the slow, clunky defenders getting beat on the other end have a habit of liberally using hands and elbows to even the playing field. This os not soccer. As evidenced by these meathead tactics being neutralized by a referee calling the game tight. To the bigger issue. These are the teams that represent Florida soccer, they go to local tournaments and neutralize opponents with brutality. When they go out of state where they can't control how the referee is calling the game, this style of play becomes a liability. You take cards, and give opposition the advantage. I would never encourage either of my children to foul another child to gain the advantage, or laugh, or condone such behavior. This is about adult coaches teaching kids how to hurt other kids,ti gain an advantage, and league referees calling the game for the home team to facilitate an advantage. Under those circumstances, our kids still beat Brevard, but there was a cost, after being literally beat up...our kids had nothing left in the tank.
                      A U10 parent by herself has no credibility. If what you are saying is true you should have no problem rallying the other parents to your cause and making something happen.

Use the time you are wasting venting on TS and use it to educate yourself on the process for filing a complaint. Begin by deciding who exactly your complaint is against - I can't tell, you are all over the map. The more you post here instead of doing something real, the more your begin to sound like the typical delusional TS parent who does nothing more than complain like a do-nothing coward.

Comment

Video

https://youtu.be/4v0CdBqUmNA

Comment

Name calling

A U10 parent by herself has no credibility. If what you are saying is true you should have no problem rallying the other parents to your cause and making something happen.

Use the time you are wasting venting on TS and use it to educate yourself on the process for filing a complaint. Begin by deciding who exactly your complaint is against - I can't tell, you are all over the map. The more you post here instead of doing something real, the more your begin to sound like the typical delusional TS parent who does nothing more than complain like a do-nothing coward.
                          How about i do whatever í want, and post this wherever í want. And your opinion and name calling means absolutely nothing to me. If this post gets deleted, so be it. I will remain determined to tell this story and advance measures to have our team, maybe the league, skip this tournement next year.

Comment

Dear Phoenix cup tournament officials, specifically the referee team, and league officials and parents of BYSL....We won't be their next year, or ever again until you thugs clean up your act.
                            I have to agree with the suggestion you take your complaints to the organization responsible for the tournament. Venting on TS may help you release some of your frustration, but it will do nothing to bring about the changes you'd like to see.

A measured approach with a clear list of verifiable complaints along with any direct evidence and corroborating witness statements will go a lot further than you think. Use communication that is dispassionate, fact-based, and grammatically correct. But most importantly, direct it to the people who can take action. No one reading this here can do anything about it.

Comment

So, I went to this event and played two BSA teams. We had no issues with the players conduct. Parents of one group were a bit of a challenge but other group were not.

The second group was coached by the executive director so that probably helped. I am not saying what you feel happened did not. But I will challenge the comments on this being a club wide issue.

I have attended the last three years with no issues.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X