Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

North Atlantic Youth Soccer Association League (NAYSAL)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

North Atlantic Youth Soccer Association League (NAYSAL)

Is slated to start up Spring 2018 (http://www.soccernh.com/naysal)

I'm fairly sure what the reaction will be on here, but still interested to hear thoughts.

What is this new league attempting to “fix”? Town soccer programs in NH have been declining due to low numbers of players because of so many choices with clubs popping up and attracting everyone (talented players who would benefit from moving to club and players that should stay on town teams but parents think they need to keep up). So now towns are suffering and need to collaborate and merge to form good competitive teams and even B teams to put in lower divisions. So what will this new league offer that NHSL doesn’t? Better competition? How will that help when town travel teams are in trouble getting numbers? Increase travel times? Fees? We keep adding levels and new aconyms but not sure how this helps pool talent and build programs.

Comment

It looks to me like it's US Youth Soccer's attempt to compete with NEP, but I agree - I think it will result in teams traveling much more to play other team who are debate-ably higher quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        It looks to me like it's US Youth Soccer's attempt to compete with NEP, but I agree - I think it will result in teams traveling much more to play other team who are debate-ably higher quality.
        Seems to me players and families who are willing to travel are probably at clubs already in the NEP. The families of good players who are still at other clubs probably cite less travel and lower costs as a couple of the reasons they haven't moved to NEP clubs. I assume this new league will include a price bump, along with the extra travel, so I'm not sure if there is a big enough pool of families left willing to make that jump (unless the league is aiming to draw players back out of NEP clubs). It'll be interesting to see if it actually takes off.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        Working...
        X