X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Congrats on the 2-2 performance!
    Against some of the best teams, no shame in that.

Comment

Congrats on the 2-2 performance!
      In what and why should anyone with an ounce of perspective give a flying ****?

Comment

In what and why should anyone with an ounce of perspective give a flying ****?
        By asking, I guess you're telling us that you don't have an ounce of perspective. What an idiot.

Comment

It is pretty funny to ask for attention after going 2-2 in anything.

Comment

It is pretty funny to ask for attention after going 2-2 in anything.
            This mom had it right:

https://media.giphy.com/media/NmdEh9I4nRpII/giphy.gif

Comment

My kids are average but I want them to be specially average.

Where are GPS' signups?

Comment

Agreed. There are many average people in the world. There seem to be a disproportionate number involved in girls soccer in Oregon. They post derogatory remarks about others on this site. Congrats to those girls for representing Oregon well.

Comment

Agreed. There are many average people in the world. There seem to be a disproportionate number involved in girls soccer in Oregon. They post derogatory remarks about others on this site. Congrats to those girls for representing Oregon well.
                  Your first instinct was to post on talking soccer about going 2-2? There are many places to find affirmation - this is not one of them.

Comment

Your first instinct was to post on talking soccer about going 2-2? There are many places to find affirmation - this is not one of them.
                    Wrong guess. I did not post about going 2-2, nor do I need affirmation; excluding the affirmation of the continued toxicity of Oregon soccer and those running it. Thanks.

Comment

Against some of the best teams, no shame in that.
                      Congrats to the GPS girls for getting that far. Didn’t see any other girls teams from Oregon made it that far. Way to represent!

Comment

Wrong guess. I did not post about going 2-2, nor do I need affirmation; excluding the affirmation of the continued toxicity of Oregon soccer and those running it. Thanks.
                        I did not entirely follow your 2nd sentence. However, I would suggest that this group is deserving of criticism.

-They are shameless self-promoters. Quickly posting about going 2-2 is emblematic of that.
                        -They recruit in ways no community club in Oregon does.
                        -They burn many bridges.
                        -Across GPS-Oregon, their fall product was not very good in terms of win/losses and sportsmanship. There was a naiveté about the way they played out of the back.

Whether you agree with that they are deserving of criticism or not, question is how are community-clubs suppose to response to the aggressive marketing of franchisees like GPS?

Beat them on the field? Sure, but that is largely already happening, with a couple of exceptions. However, GPS still has the ability to destabilize existing communities with their big promises.

Are we not entitled to call them out when their product isn't what they promise? We face their marketing materials head-on and we certainly face that (what you promised isn't what was delivered) from our own members.

Long way of saying - be careful making the GPS Oregon franchise the victim.

Comment

I did not entirely follow your 2nd sentence. However, I would suggest that this group is deserving of criticism.

-They are shameless self-promoters. Quickly posting about going 2-2 is emblematic of that.
                          -They burn many bridges.
                          -Across GPS-Oregon, their fall product was not very good in terms of win/losses and sportsmanship. There was a naiveté about the way they played out of the back.

Whether you agree with that they are deserving of criticism or not, question is how are community-clubs suppose to response to the aggressive marketing of franchisees like GPS?

Beat them on the field? Sure, but that is largely already happening, with a couple of exceptions. However, GPS still has the ability to destabilize existing communities with their big promises.

Are we not entitled to call them out when their product isn't what they promise? We face their marketing materials head-on and we certainly face that (what you promised isn't what was delivered) from our own members.

Then we should be able to call out clubs promoting Ecnl while scamming families for money.

It's pretty obvious that cu and Fcp for that matter are taking people's money while screwing their development in the process.

Comment

Then we should be able to call out clubs promoting Ecnl while scamming families for money.

It's pretty obvious that cu and Fcp for that matter are taking people's money while screwing their development in the process.
                            Fair point and I don't have a good answer. How do you ethically push back when a competitor oversales? How do you do it in a way that doesn't damage the game as a whole and still protects your club.

Comment

-They burn many bridges.

Average post from an average poster.

Comment

-They burn many bridges.

My favorite uses of hyperbole include:

"Destabilizing communities"
                                "Quickly posting" - 3 days later.
                                "Naivete about playing out of the back"

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X