Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which club runs the strongest internal GK training?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Providence College’s Shelby Hogan. Check out the PC women’s web page.
    MD is really good. My kid plays for a rival club. There is no shame in recognizing another club’s coach as being very good.
    Not taking credit away from MD, but Shelby came from fc blazers and played for stars for a year. If you are going to give credit, then you should give her former club credit for developing her to have a strong foundation for MD to build on.

Comment

For embedded training, PL of NEFC-BBA NS is outstanding. He also does great privates, but that was not the question of the OP.

Comment

DB runs an excellent keeper program for npl and ECNL

Comment

Another vote for MD. From rival team on south shore and by far the best if your willing to drive that way.
          Stay away from Revs RDS GK. It has gone downhill. Used to be good. Now way too many GK per instructor.
          Also check out the local college GKs and GK coaches.

Comment

Another vote for MD. From rival team on south shore and by far the best if your willing to drive that way.
            Stay away from Revs RDS GK. It has gone downhill. Used to be good. Now way too many GK per instructor.
            Also check out the local college GKs and GK coaches.
            I put in a plug for Revs RDS. But would agree with the numbers issue. Last time my son did it, there were 15+ keepers per coach at times.

Comment

If you don’t mind can you name a couple nation team keepers MD (stars) helped to get to that level ?
              Madison Murphy and Shelby Hogan

Both my daughters play for Stars. Game after game our keepers are far superior to the other teams. I have not been impressed with any keepers from other clubs including BBA, GPS, Oakwood, Albertson, Sky Blue NYC and even PDA.

Comment

Both my daughters play for Stars. Game after game our keepers are far superior to the other teams. I have not been impressed with any keepers from other clubs including BBA, GPS, Oakwood, Albertson, Sky Blue NYC and even PDA.
                Now you’re being a massive club homer. So the Stars keepers are better than every other club? And no one else impressed you? Sky blue PDA, NYSC, BBA, Albertsons, CFC, East Meadow and world class all have nationally ranked kids.
                You should definitely get out of the NEP and check out some ECNL and DA games. I think you will learn that the national Team coaches and Top Division 1 coaches disagree with you.

Comment

Wow that’s great!! Just out of curiosity what age group and team do both your girls play at stars?

Comment

Not looking for a conversation about “private Gk training”
                    Club sponsored training/developers/hands on coaching that is included with my tuition. We are not happy this year so looking for honest answers. Coaches please no upselling your product.
                    My kid doesn't play goal, but we have a friend who's kid does and they are very pleased with the training he's getting. Just one data point for you.

Comment

Shelby Hogan is an outstanding keeper, but she was outstanding before she went to the Stars. The Stars gave her much more visibility than she was getting on the smaller club. I'm sure the Stars goalie training was good, but it would have just honed her skills.

Comment

It’s pretty easy to be a keeper for most stars teams when the ball doesn’t get back there much
                        For improvement it’s better to be on a team where you get a lot of action to learn and grow

Comment

It’s pretty easy to be a keeper for most stars teams when the ball doesn’t get back there much
                          For improvement it’s better to be on a team where you get a lot of action to learn and grow
                          As a keeper parent, there is definitely some truth to this.

One year my son played on a weak team and grew tremendously as a keeper.

The next year he played for a strong team. His foot skills and speed of play improved dramatically. However, his keeper skills improved slightly.

It's tough to find a balance.

Comment

As a keeper parent, there is definitely some truth to this.

One year my son played on a weak team and grew tremendously as a keeper.

The next year he played for a strong team. His foot skills and speed of play improved dramatically. However, his keeper skills improved slightly.

It's tough to find a balance.
                            This is why reps at practice are important. Small groups with GK's of similar ability, where there is an attempt to recreate game speed (hard to do, I know,) are key.

Comment

So what you will about scorpions - coaches, teams all that - Darren Burke runs an excellent keeper program for npl and ecnl - small groups, training 3 times week plus team
                              Fc had keepers in many top high school teams and some conference all stars

Comment

Not taking credit away from MD, but Shelby came from fc blazers and played for stars for a year. If you are going to give credit, then you should give her former club credit for developing her to have a strong foundation for MD to build on.
                                Billy, we know you wanted to and evidently still want to take credit for her, but truth is that you only trained her for a year as well. Outside of that she got little Keeper training from the Blazers. She is just a very talented kid.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X