Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jesse Garcia-Aguilar.

Did Jesse Garcia-Aguilar graduate from OSU early? I don't see him on their roster for this year and thinking it would have been his Senior season.

Why?

Weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Why?

Weird.
      Cause I was bored at work and searching Oregon players in that general age group (Rubio Ruben, Alex Segovia, Jesse Garcia) and who went went on to college or pro to see how their seasons were going and was surprised not to see him on their roster.

I know my time could be used better but used to enjoy watching them play at the youth level and hoped all was going well for them.

Comment

Cause I was bored at work and searching Oregon players in that general age group (Rubio Ruben, Alex Segovia, Jesse Garcia) and who went went on to college or pro to see how their seasons were going and was surprised not to see him on their roster.

I know my time could be used better but used to enjoy watching them play at the youth level and hoped all was going well for them.
        Were that the truth you would have just google him instead. Methinks you have an alterior motive.

Comment

Were that the truth you would have just google him instead. Methinks you have an alterior motive.
          Googling him produces a mugshot at the website of the Benton County Sheriff's department--which is what I expect what the OP wanted us to go find.

What happened, I've no idea--there wasn't any press coverage. Sounds like a case of "dumb jock getting into fight", something that happens all too often in pro and college sports. (Another OSU men's soccer player was kicked off the team a few years ago for dropping trou around campus, that DID get a bit of media coverage).

At any rate, if your soccer career takes you to Cowvallis--which is where he ended up after being cut from the Timbers' U23 team--that's not a good sign, at least not if you hope to play for more than college credit.

Comment

OP here.
            R you frikig kidding me. That did not show on mine as had Soccer after his name when searching. Tried FB as well but did not have much info.

Maybe the moderator will pull this thread.

Comment

OP here.
              R you frikig kidding me. That did not show on mine as had Soccer after his name when searching. Tried FB as well but did not have much info.

Maybe the moderator will pull this thread.
              mine did even with SOCCER at the end of the name. it also produced his twitter account you can probably ask him what he's up to.

Comment

mine did even with SOCCER at the end of the name. it also produced his twitter account you can probably ask him what he's up to.
                I am with the previous poster. His mug shot did not show up until I typed in his name and "arrested" otherwise it is just soccer stuff.

BTW, it looks like someone broke his nose.

Comment

I am with the previous poster. His mug shot did not show up until I typed in his name and "arrested" otherwise it is just soccer stuff.

BTW, it looks like someone broke his nose.
                  Worked for me under his name and Oregon. Otherwise you get a lot of people with the same name.

Comment

Googling him produces a mugshot at the website of the Benton County Sheriff's department--which is what I expect what the OP wanted us to go find.

What happened, I've no idea--there wasn't any press coverage. Sounds like a case of "dumb jock getting into fight", something that happens all too often in pro and college sports. (Another OSU men's soccer player was kicked off the team a few years ago for dropping trou around campus, that DID get a bit of media coverage).

At any rate, if your soccer career takes you to Cowvallis--which is where he ended up after being cut from the Timbers' U23 team--that's not a good sign, at least not if you hope to play for more than college credit.
                    OSU will likely have several players taken in MLS draft, and a couple of them could be 1st round. I understand that OSU is not elite but they have talent and generally compete pretty well. The Pac 12 schedule is a gauntlet. Almost all the games end up being against top 20 teams. My feeling is that most OSU players are good enough to play Timbers U23 if they wanted to.

Comment

OSU will likely have several players taken in MLS draft, and a couple of them could be 1st round. I understand that OSU is not elite but they have talent and generally compete pretty well. The Pac 12 schedule is a gauntlet. Almost all the games end up being against top 20 teams. My feeling is that most OSU players are good enough to play Timbers U23 if they wanted to.
                      idk about "several" players drafted, but the team did seem a bit more balanced this year. one would hope that timbers u23 would be at least aiming for a bit of a higher caliber player. (i live in corvallis.)

Comment

idk about "several" players drafted, but the team did seem a bit more balanced this year. one would hope that timbers u23 would be at least aiming for a bit of a higher caliber player. (i live in corvallis.)
                        Timbers U23 is made up of NAIA players, D2, D3, even have community college players at times. Granted, most Timbers U23 play D1, but the Beavers compete just fine in D1. I personally think it's more impressive to play for the Beavers than Timbers U23. Just my opinion. (I live in Portland)

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X