X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    They are sitting back watching Andrew Cuomo lead the country
    Didn’t Cuomo say last week that he wouldn’t shelter nyc in place? Didn’t he stand by and watch the mayor of nyc say schools will remain open, not because it was safe, but because they didn’t want the kids at home?

Why wasn’t ny more prepared. A single guy in new Rochelle infected a whole city. Nothing was done to stop the spread until it was too late.

Cuomo was slow to react and he had ny unprepared for a pandemic. He should have limited mass transit. He should have had mandatory screening at international airports. Next up he will be releasing prisoners because he can’t keep prisons clean. His state is now the epicenter and he had a chance to react when it was a west coast epicenter. He failed! Just because he is on tv a lot at times when most democrats are in hiding, doesn’t make him a leader. Actions speak louder than words.

Comment

Yes Cuomo was slow in some things but well ahead in others. De Blasio shares a good deal of blame with NYC itself. Lack of testing early on didn't help. NYC is going to get clobbered because of its population density. I saw a piece on NY vs Los Angles - CA started much earlier with cases but shut down at about the same time as NY. But CA has far fewer cases per capita because more people use cars instead of public transport and residential density isn't as compact.

Cuomo has been forthcoming and frank with New Yorkers. He's doing/trying anything he can, even sucking up to Trump to get what the state needs.

Comment

Rand Paul gets tested eventhough he had no symptoms. While awaiting his results he and his wife carried on as normal, even going to the Senate gym.

Ten days ago Amy Klobochar's husband came down with what seemed was a cold but as a precaution he self quarantined. Several days later he wound up in the hospital and got a positive test yesterday. Sen Klobochar isn't getting tested because they were apart (traveling then he isolated) and she doesn't meet the criteria. As she said she's following the same rules we all have to do. She can't even be with him in the hospital.

Comment

he is the gov of the epicenter of covid-19- if he ran the country we would all be infected
          i love his lockdown- the list of exemptions is longer than the list of closures- the bike repair shops are open you just cant get a sandwich for lunch
          Would you rather people ride bikes or use public transport?

How about FL? What a sh** show. The governor wouldn't shut down the state so spring beakers could keep partying. Those students are now returning to their communities across the US possibly infected, but not without spreading it within FL first. NOW FL wants people coming from NJ, NY and CT to self quarantine if they come to FL
          🤯

Comment

Would you rather people ride bikes or use public transport?

How about FL? What a sh** show. The governor wouldn't shut down the state so spring beakers could keep partying. Those students are now returning to their communities across the US possibly infected, but not without spreading it within FL first. NOW FL wants people coming from NJ, NY and CT to self quarantine if they come to FL
            🤯
            these kids went on spring break AFTER the US already had cases- whose fault is that
            they continued to party -after being told not to, whose fault is that
            these are our kids- so again whose fault?
            my college kid was home, yours?

Comment

Democrats in self quarantine?

these kids went on spring break AFTER the US already had cases- whose fault is that
              they continued to party -after being told not to, whose fault is that
              these are our kids- so again whose fault?
              my college kid was home, yours?
              "I have the power to quarantine 10,000 people but I cant even tell my own daughter what to do" - Andrew Cuomo

Sometimes stupid kids are just stupid kids....Did you always listen to your parents?

Comment

"I have the power to quarantine 10,000 people but I cant even tell my own daughter what to do" - Andrew Cuomo

Sometimes stupid kids are just stupid kids....Did you always listen to your parents?
                No, and I would have probably gone on spring break as well
                but lets not pretend that someone else is to blame for our own stupidity

Comment

No, and I would have probably gone on spring break as well
                  but lets not pretend that someone else is to blame for our own stupidity
                  Spring break arrangements was made waaaaaaay before this thing blew up & the majority of these kids were in their last year they weren't getting spooked in the early days of this especially when they know they'll probably not be doing another spring break with their friends.
                  That said they still should be off those beaches Republican Governor of Florida

Comment

Spring break arrangements was made waaaaaaay before this thing blew up & the majority of these kids were in their last year they weren't getting spooked in the early days of this especially when they know they'll probably not be doing another spring break with their friends.
                    so if you made plans to go to New Orleans before Katrina, would you have gone 2 weeks after Katrina? no you would have changed plans.
                    I get the whole last year and the fact that they are in the bulletproof time of life- but this thing was known and was here
                    the fact is they didn't care- and still didn't while they were there- that's on them, not anyone else. the only shame is that now you have a bunch of new carriers that just showed up in your town

Comment

His kids are in their early 20s.

Comment

I have a ton of family in FL and they are PISSED at what he did. Plus now all those spring breakers are spreading out across the states spreading their crud.

Comment

Democrats in self quarantine?

I have a ton of family in FL and they are PISSED at what he did. Plus now all those spring breakers are spreading out across the states spreading their crud.
                          does covid 19 live in salt water? Jump in the water, have a good time and stfU!!!!!!!!

Comment

Rand Paul gets tested eventhough he had no symptoms. While awaiting his results he and his wife carried on as normal, even going to the Senate gym.

Ten days ago Amy Klobochar's husband came down with what seemed was a cold but as a precaution he self quarantined. Several days later he wound up in the hospital and got a positive test yesterday. Sen Klobochar isn't getting tested because they were apart (traveling then he isolated) and she doesn't meet the criteria. As she said she's following the same rules we all have to do. She can't even be with him in the hospital.
                            I don’t blame him. I wouldn’t sleep with her either

Comment

The Logical Voice

The way Dems and media are acting will cost them the election if it isn’t already.
                              Average Americans watching all this will see the Dems and media are in favor of tanking our economy to create more unemployment and people on welfare and dependent on the government. You know...the Dem way. Trump will pull us out of this and look like a hero like Bush during 9/11. Trump will win in landslide in November
                              And what gives you sufficient insight as to what "average Americans" are seeing and concluding? When people use such labels as "average Americans" without some evidence or data to support the contention they tie to such a label, I think what people are saying is what they believe and most of the time, they are just projecting to validate their own view. I'm sure this is how you perceive the situation, but you have no more clue as to what the average American believes than I do. In fact, what is the "average American" in the first place?

And explain how the Democrats are fully responsible here for tanking our economy.

Comment

The Logical Voice

Didn’t Cuomo say last week that he wouldn’t shelter nyc in place? Didn’t he stand by and watch the mayor of nyc say schools will remain open, not because it was safe, but because they didn’t want the kids at home?

Why wasn’t ny more prepared. A single guy in new Rochelle infected a whole city. Nothing was done to stop the spread until it was too late.

Cuomo was slow to react and he had ny unprepared for a pandemic. He should have limited mass transit. He should have had mandatory screening at international airports. Next up he will be releasing prisoners because he can’t keep prisons clean. His state is now the epicenter and he had a chance to react when it was a west coast epicenter. He failed! Just because he is on tv a lot at times when most democrats are in hiding, doesn’t make him a leader. Actions speak louder than words.
                                Name one government leader, federal, state or local, who clearly was prepared for this pandemic? Name one leader who acted properly and timely and has had the proper resources in place to fight this crisis.

Your criticisms can be levied against just about every political leader on every level in this country right now.

Get past it and let's focus on solutions. Leave the blaming for later, when we have time for such nonsense.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X