Talking-Soccer.com

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > Massachusetts

Notices

Massachusetts Discussions about Massachusetts soccer.

Old 10-04-2019
Unregistered

Default EXACT soccer camp

Anyone have experience with these guys?
Old 10-04-2019
Unregistered

My daughter did one of their 3 day camps this summer. It was expensive and I thought would be a waste of time and money, but was actually really good and I thought worth it. Girls worked closely with the coaches, a ton of coaches were there (even more than on the list), competition was good. They did a Q&A coach panel that was great. Not sure about the 1 day but would recommend the 3 day.
Old 10-04-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My daughter did one of their 3 day camps this summer. It was expensive and I thought would be a waste of time and money, but was actually really good and I thought worth it. Girls worked closely with the coaches, a ton of coaches were there (even more than on the list), competition was good. They did a Q&A coach panel that was great. Not sure about the 1 day but would recommend the 3 day.
Agree with this poster. My D has a great experience with Exact.
Old 10-05-2019
Unregistered

Thanks Exact management
Old 10-05-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
Anyone have experience with these guys?
Itís all about making money. Cattle call with huge ranges of skill. Much better to go to targeted clinics at a school your child is actually interested in ( requires more focus and research but better time and $$ spent).
Old 10-05-2019
Unregistered

Do the one day early on if you want to get your toes wet, see where you fit in. The longer one is costly, tiring and has diminishing returns each day. Use the savings for the targeted school ID events
Old 10-05-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
Do the one day early on if you want to get your toes wet, see where you fit in. The longer one is costly, tiring and has diminishing returns each day. Use the savings for the targeted school ID events
To go one step further, make this your rule of thumb .... if you kid has not expressed an interest in any of the colleges in attendance (for academic or other non-soccer reasons), then just skip it. Get the school part first, then worry about the soccer ... don't fish only for schools that express in interest in your kid on the field. Chances are they won't make 4 years and you will have a good possibility of being at a school that they still dont love. Chase the school, not the soccer .... most have soccer anyways.
Old 10-05-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
To go one step further, make this your rule of thumb .... if you kid has not expressed an interest in any of the colleges in attendance (for academic or other non-soccer reasons), then just skip it. Get the school part first, then worry about the soccer ... don't fish only for schools that express in interest in your kid on the field. Chances are they won't make 4 years and you will have a good possibility of being at a school that they still dont love. Chase the school, not the soccer .... most have soccer anyways.
PS - When my older daughter was going through this, we made her tell us schools she liked and hated ... she invited those coaches to her tournaments and when it was narrowed down more, she went to a few of their ID camps. My son is a junior in HS and has done nothing to even begin looking at schools and it will certainly cost him if he really ends up wanting to play in college, but it will be a great lesson learned for him either way (when he ends up living at home, working a job, and going to the local CC, part-time in 2 years because he did not plan very well! ).
Old 10-05-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
PS - When my older daughter was going through this, we made her tell us schools she liked and hated ... she invited those coaches to her tournaments and when it was narrowed down more, she went to a few of their ID camps. My son is a junior in HS and has done nothing to even begin looking at schools and it will certainly cost him if he really ends up wanting to play in college, but it will be a great lesson learned for him either way (when he ends up living at home, working a job, and going to the local CC, part-time in 2 years because he did not plan very well! ).
Nice parenting
Old 10-06-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
Nice parenting
Not the poster but more boys are slow on the uptake and that's ok. I thought I might rip my hair out with mine then decided he had to figure it out. He eventually did, scrambled and ended up at a great place for him. We even agreed a gap year was in the table as long as there was a good plan to get to college the next year that made sense. Some of his friends were the same. A few had to start at lesser schools then transferred to much better ones. The old saying " you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink "