Talking-Soccer.com

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 4 > Washington

Notices

Washington Discussions about Washington soccer.

Old 04-17-2019
Unregistered

Smile Eastern Washington Soccer

Where are all the Eastern Washington Folks? What's new on the scene? Washington East partnering with Crossfire and Global Premier Soccer. I've heard rumor that Reign Academy might be doing something with Spokane Sounders? EW Surf seems to be doing well at taking medals. Anyone have other interesting tidbits? Tryouts are coming up... lots of choices to be made!
Old 04-18-2019
Unregistered

FC Spokane is also trying to continue their expansion with tryouts/teams in North Spokane and South Hill. My honest assessment is that Sounders, WE, Surf, FC Spokane are all pretty even right now.

What would be the point of Reign Academy partnering with anyone in Spokane? Is there an appetite for a path to Girlsí DA in EWA? Not a rational one, imo...

One of these clubs will get ECNL soon and that will be the game changer.
Old 04-18-2019
Unregistered

I agree. Soccer in Spokane seems to be going well lately. We have some good talent over here and love seeing the partnerships and expansion to provide additional opportunities for kids. I've only heard the Reign Academy rumor once but find it possibly credible because Sounders are always trying to keep their edge. Only time will tell I suppose.
Old 04-18-2019
Unregistered

Does Cheney leaving IEYSA mean anything? Iím not sure what IEYSA even is at this point, but thought they have done well at providing a Rec+/Select option, which is important.
Old 04-18-2019
Unregistered

We have been considering moving teams and so far have been most impressed with what we have seen with Washington East. Chad Brown seems to be a great asset for them and they are making a lot of impressive moves with their partnerships.
Old 04-18-2019
Unregistered

We have nearly completed our first year with WE after switching over and have been very happy. Great environment, great coaching. Only issues we have seen at all are parents or kids lacking commitment, as in not coming to practices or Sunday games. There is hope every year that those kinks may be worked out during tryouts though. Their partnerships with Crossfire and GPS will help them expand in a positive direction also. Every year we inquire with our kid if they still want to play and who they want to try out for. This year there was no hesitation. The only answer was WE.
Old 04-18-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
We have nearly completed our first year with WE after switching over and have been very happy. Great environment, great coaching. Only issues we have seen at all are parents or kids lacking commitment, as in not coming to practices or Sunday games. There is hope every year that those kinks may be worked out during tryouts though. Their partnerships with Crossfire and GPS will help them expand in a positive direction also. Every year we inquire with our kid if they still want to play and who they want to try out for. This year there was no hesitation. The only answer was WE.
I'm happy to hear that. Unfortunately, I feel like lack of commitment is going to be an issue at most places at the younger ages. Hopefully expectations are set everywhere and it starts getting better. The environment we have experienced at WE while looking for where we want to land has been far better than where we currently are.
Old 04-18-2019
Unregistered

Spokane is still very much a market that you should choose a team based on the coach and little else. If Chad Brown coached my kidís age group, we would go to WE; if Shea Swoboda coached we would go to Surf; if Kevin Moon coached we would go to Sounders.

Clubs are all really similar in Spokane, pick a coach...
Old 04-25-2019
Unregistered

Sounders getting boys ECNL seems pretty big, especially if Girls follow.
Old 04-25-2019
Unregistered

Yes! That was excellent news, I hope the girls will get the same opportunity soon. To the previous post about IEYSA leaving Cheney... I noticed one coach has been added to the Washington East roster as an assistant coach. Not sure who all is coaching at IEYSA(Storm FC) but they are possibly transitioning into Washington East?