Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transgender high school athletes spark controversy, debate in Connecticut PART II

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transgender high school athletes spark controversy, debate in Connecticut PART II

This is an important topic. If Beachbum is reading, shutdown the offenders not the topic.

Signed a female who thinks having to compete against biological males is unfair.

Makes sense to me to permit all trans athletes compete against males.

Comment

Probably need to pick some age cut off for it. From what I have seen, girls are at no disadvantage up to freshman year anyway in soccer. 9th grade girls team at our school beat 9th grade boys.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Probably need to pick some age cut off for it. From what I have seen, girls are at no disadvantage up to freshman year anyway in soccer. 9th grade girls team at our school beat 9th grade boys.
        "The solution to the dilemmas of the gender dysphoric child wanting to compete as the opposite sex is simple, but not easy: let them compete, but do not let them win. They have biological advantages over their female compatriots. A girl “transitioning” to boy and on testosterone, also should be allowed to compete but not win. Every race, match, etc. should automatically go to her competitor. Why? Because she is hormonally enhanced. A boy competing against a girl is hormonally enhanced. It’s not fair."

https://spectator.org/the-testostero...womens-sports/

Comment

What school is this? Anything after U10 there needs to be at least 1 year difference (assuming its not something like ECNL playing a rec plus team) or the boys destroy the girls. I have seen the boys in our club have to play up 2 years to make it competitive when playing the girls and the girls were still only middle school age. I would think the older they are the harder it would be for the girls to be competitive.

Comment

Same. Honestly in our district - girls would probably get half the varsity spots on the boys team if the tryouts were coed. These girls do not fool around.

Different at the DA academy level but for run of the mill high school ball - not sure it matters much.

Comment

This is a big problem in track and field at the present time, but soon to show up in any girls sport. There were males, not even transgender males, playing field hockey and dominating the sport not so long ago. But a biological man, CeCe Telfer, just sets a record in NCAA Women’s Track and is now headed for the March Championships. I feel for these people who suffer from gender dysphoria, but this is not fair to biological female athletes. It makes no sense to me. Doping is illegal and yet transgenders have to "dope" to transition and are then allowed to compete.

Comment

Same. Honestly in our district - girls would probably get half the varsity spots on the boys team if the tryouts were coed. These girls do not fool around.

Different at the DA academy level but for run of the mill high school ball - not sure it matters much.
                I doubt it at any level post puberty.

I had a daughter on a nationally ranked team who went on to earn a D1 college scholarship. They played against their club boys teams, also nationally ranked up until U13. They competed successfully because up until that point many of the girls were actually bigger than the boys, but the quickness of the boys even at that age was pretty obvious. A year later and the size differential was gone. Never mind the fact that testosterone allows boys to add muscle, but estrogen causes girls to add fat (and I don't mean that in a mean way. It's just a fact of nature.) The US women's soccer team get slaughtered playing U16 boys club teams for a reason.

Comment

This is a very important topic. I just don't understand having the knowledge that we have about the physical difference between men and women that this is even an issue. I don't know all the facts, but I can't see a woman who may be transitioning into a male, even while taking testosterone hormones, could compete in the same way as the men. I may be on an island all by myself with this theory, but for these particular track runners, I believe their parents found a loophole for them. Since their times are not competitive with boys of their age, they devised a scheme to get their kids scholarships by way of martyrdom (because of the sensitive nature of the topic).

Comment

This is a big problem in track and field at the present time, but soon to show up in any girls sport. There were males, not even transgender males, playing field hockey and dominating the sport not so long ago. But a biological man, CeCe Telfer, just sets a record in NCAA Women’s Track and is now headed for the March Championships. I feel for these people who suffer from gender dysphoria, but this is not fair to biological female athletes. It makes no sense to me. Doping is illegal and yet transgenders have to "dope" to transition and are then allowed to compete.
                    Field hockey is a men's sport in half the world.

Comment

Field hockey is a men's sport in half the world.
                      So. Soccer is a men's sport in all of the world except here. What's your point?

Comment

So. Soccer is a men's sport in all of the world except here. What's your point?
                        Poster just seemed surprised to see men playing field hockey. Not sure what makes sense if there is money or Olympic medals on the line but for 99 percent of players, playing with and against other strong talent is an advantage not a disadvantage. It will help you improve much better then playing with weaker players

Comment

Our freshmen boys would kill our varsity girls in every sport. It wouldn't even be close. What schools are you guys at?

Comment

Poster just seemed surprised to see men playing field hockey. Not sure what makes sense if there is money or Olympic medals on the line but for 99 percent of players, playing with and against other strong talent is an advantage not a disadvantage. It will help you improve much better then playing with weaker players
                            Hardly surprised. The point was a male competing against females dominated the sport. And if you think playing against stronger talent is the simple equation to becoming better at your sport, than you obviously know nothing about youth sport development.

How does Barcelona's La Masia produce among the world's best adult soccer players when their youth teams compete only against local teams within an hour commute sometimes, if not often, totally destroying their competition? Why didn't Freddy Adu become a world class player since he was playing against professionals from the age of 14?

Comment

Hardly surprised. The point was a male competing against females dominated the sport. And if you think playing against stronger talent is the simple equation to becoming better at your sport, than you obviously know nothing about youth sport development.

How does Barcelona's La Masia produce among the world's best adult soccer players when their youth teams compete only against local teams within an hour commute sometimes, if not often, totally destroying their competition? Why didn't Freddy Adu become a world class player since he was playing against professionals from the age of 14?
                              Then who are they sending around Europe and to NY to compete? Is that some type of fake La Masia team?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X