Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scorpions Boys = Breakers Boys 2014-15

We couldn't be happier to be transitioning after the coming season. The infusion of $$$, coaching and energy will all help the club. With the existing foundation of U8, U9 & U10 players this partnership will help raise the collective level of the boys program. Expect big things from the Breakers in the coming years.

Emails and texts are flying back and forth among our team.

Parents couldn't be happier.

Word of mouth is expanding and peaking the interest of friends that play for other clubs.

This timing is pretty amazing with tryouts around the corner.

Comment

Looking forward to tryouts! Already a great club. The merger with Breakers makes it our #1 choice.

Comment

Scorps Boys Program Joins ECNL

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Looking forward to tryouts! Already a great club. The merger with Breakers makes it our #1 choice.
        I heard that the boys teams will be playing in the ECNL now. Any truth to that?

Comment

I heard that the boys teams will be playing in the ECNL now. Any truth to that?
          No, just MASC, MAPLE and NEP boys teams will be playing in girls divisions, LOL

Comment

anyone who would join a declining club that lost all their quality coaches because they changed their name is an idiot

Comment

anyone who would join a declining club that lost all their quality coaches because they changed their name is an idiot
              Keep trying if you must. The Scorpions have become significantly stronger than they were last week. There is a great del of excitement on both sides of the club. People that were considering a change of scenery have decided not to leave. Families from other clubs are reaching out to Scorpion families for info about the partnership. There's so much interest with tryouts starting tomorrow. This couldn't have happened at a better time.

Comment

What will they do with the boys side ?

Comment

seems like a lot of puffery out of the breaker boys camp...damage control?

Comment

Although it probably means very little to the boys side, the Scorpions have just inherited the Blazers U17 team.

Comment

But doesn't that team lose its Maple, Regional and Gotsoccer ranking - its considered a "new" team - what could be the incentive?

Comment

Although it probably means very little to the boys side, the Scorpions have just inherited the Blazers U17 team.
                        Actually, it probably means a lot. A club that was projected to be closing down its doors about a week ago is now being viewed as a place to take a team from another club. Enormous change if you think about it. Enormous change in momentum.

Comment

Actually, it probably means a lot. A club that was projected to be closing down its doors about a week ago is now being viewed as a place to take a team from another club. Enormous change if you think about it. Enormous change in momentum.
                          Although not insignificant, I don't consider U18 and U19 age groups to be the ages for which clubs should concentrate their 'developmental' pledges. This is especially for this team that has already developed elsewhere. I didn't mean to say that it was an insignificant change, but I don't think that club should use this in-coming team as an example of why you should go there.

Comment

yeah - this case just seems to be about finding a place to park a team for the coach's sake - KB finding a new home. But if the team is losing its Maple D1, regional league and state cup positions, plus gotsoccer points = ranking, the players might think twice.. this may not be a done deal, if someone like DC steps in for the Blazers.

Comment

Although not insignificant, I don't consider U18 and U19 age groups to be the ages for which clubs should concentrate their 'developmental' pledges. This is especially for this team that has already developed elsewhere. I didn't mean to say that it was an insignificant change, but I don't think that club should use this in-coming team as an example of why you should go there.
                              Understood. But it's still interesting given the timing, and a good sign for Scorps if it is true.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X