Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DPL Dallas Showcase

Can anybody share the link for the list of college coaches going to this weekend’s DPL Dallas Showcase. I had been looking but only schedules are posted in the DPL site. Thank you

Maybe a few, college season is in full affect.

Comment

good luck to the dpl teams going out there, kick butt

Comment

With the new NCAA recruiting rules in effect playing DPL, DA or ECNL before U16 is a waste of time and money. If your kid is a good player, has a good coach and a decent team what is the point of doing all the travel and spending all that money on those leagues? Plenty of kids across the country are playing D1, D2, D3 without ever playing DPL, DA or ECNL. Can someone please explain? No need to go into the whole "pace of play" spiel. I don't buy it. Girls can train with boys and younger boys can train with older boys to get used to playing at a faster pace. So what draws parents to these leagues for younger players under u16?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          With the new NCAA recruiting rules in effect playing DPL, DA or ECNL before U16 is a waste of time and money. If your kid is a good player, has a good coach and a decent team what is the point of doing all the travel and spending all that money on those leagues? Plenty of kids across the country are playing D1, D2, D3 without ever playing DPL, DA or ECNL. Can someone please explain? No need to go into the whole "pace of play" spiel. I don't buy it. Girls can train with boys and younger boys can train with older boys to get used to playing at a faster pace. So what draws parents to these leagues for younger players under u16?
          Just the fact that you put DPL in the same sentence as ECNL or DA shows your inexperience with the soccer landscape here in Florida.. DPL is really a third or fourth tier league that is new .. the west states have it because there top teams are far superior and the population calls for another league... unfortunately natly , clubs like PBG have no other options but FSPL so they play in this league as a default because the kids in that club cannot play at clubs like Prime OC ,or Weston DA,,,now you can all blah blah and say that’s not true and that they don’t want to travel down south or practice but that’s all excuses by coaches there who want the money and prefer to play the same 3 or 4 teams all season while traveling all over the country... when you see kids getting committed to top schools from PBG soccer, let us know. Until then. Enjoy the travel

Comment

Can anybody share the link for the list of college coaches going to this weekend’s DPL Dallas Showcase. I had been looking but only schedules are posted in the DPL site. Thank you
            College coaches at a DPL showcase.. ??? Lol. That club really has you fooled huh? Can you say DUMMMYYY

Comment

Maybe a few, college season is in full affect.
              That will be the talk when all you fools travel to Dallas to play. Can hear it now !!

Comment

College coaches at a DPL showcase.. ??? Lol. That club really has you fooled huh? Can you say DUMMMYYY
                I was asking politely, but thank you for your humiliating reply. I agree we had been fooled, not once but an enormous amounts of times already (and season just started ) but to answer your question our kid plays in Weston DPL, also in this few hours we figured that there’s no list because...there’s no coaches going. I guess they call it “Showcase” to charge more money, but we are in and that’s it, we’ll endure the season and see what better option presents for the next one.

Comment

Thank you! Another voice of common sense!

Comment

Thank you! Another voice of common sense!
                    Parents pay for bragging rights!!

Comment

Justify it any way you want to yourself.

Have I seen an occasional player show up at a DA practice or Id session from a rec level team and be a functional player? A player that looks like they belong at that level? Certainly. Girls playing with boys...good boys....not just any boys...should get what they need to improve.

For every one player that comes from rec and plays well and blends in at the DA level there are 5 or 6 players that thought they were getting what they needed to develop and thought they were a star because they were doing well at the level they were playing.....only to have their eyes opened and be exposed as...well just not even close to good enough. Touch not good enough. Speed of play not good enough. Passes too weak and slow. Hold the ball too long.

The players that DO look like they belong are typically great athletes and their athleticism helps compensate for their stunted development. I always think to myself...how much better could that player have been if they got out of their comfortable little rec team sooner and really worked at it and pushed themselves. D1 instead of D2? Power 5 instead of Podunk U? Full ride instead of meal money?

Comment

Have I seen an occasional player show up at a DA practice or Id session from a rec level team and be a functional player? A player that looks like they belong at that level? Certainly. Girls playing with boys...good boys....not just any boys...should get what they need to improve.

For every one player that comes from rec and plays well and blends in at the DA level there are 5 or 6 players that thought they were getting what they needed to develop and thought they were a star because they were doing well at the level they were playing.....only to have their eyes opened and be exposed as...well just not even close to good enough. Touch not good enough. Speed of play not good enough. Passes too weak and slow. Hold the ball too long.

The players that DO look like they belong are typically great athletes and their athleticism helps compensate for their stunted development. I always think to myself...how much better could that player have been if they got out of their comfortable little rec team sooner and really worked at it and pushed themselves. D1 instead of D2? Power 5 instead of Podunk U? Full ride instead of meal money?

Comment

I was asking politely, but thank you for your humiliating reply. I agree we had been fooled, not once but an enormous amounts of times already (and season just started ) but to answer your question our kid plays in Weston DPL, also in this few hours we figured that there’s no list because...there’s no coaches going. I guess they call it “Showcase” to charge more money, but we are in and that’s it, we’ll endure the season and see what better option presents for the next one.
                          Sadly anyone can add "showcase" to their tournament just to make it sound important.

There are maybe 10 actual showcase tournaments plus DA and ECNL events where college coaches show up. Look into those.

Comment

7 dirty words

1:Showcase
                            2:Premiere
                            3:Platinum
                            4:Elite
                            5:Academy
                            6:Identification
                            7:Pathway

Comment

Just the fact that you put DPL in the same sentence as ECNL or DA shows your inexperience with the soccer landscape here in Florida.. DPL is really a third or fourth tier league that is new .. the west states have it because there top teams are far superior and the population calls for another league... unfortunately natly , clubs like PBG have no other options but FSPL so they play in this league as a default because the kids in that club cannot play at clubs like Prime OC ,or Weston DA,,,now you can all blah blah and say that’s not true and that they don’t want to travel down south or practice but that’s all excuses by coaches there who want the money and prefer to play the same 3 or 4 teams all season while traveling all over the country... when you see kids getting committed to top schools from PBG soccer, let us know. Until then. Enjoy the travel
                              PBG getting crushed in every age group in DPL. Weston not much better. Why bother

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X