Academic tip for D3 recruiting?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice dig.Because D3 athletics are weak .Great students weak athletes.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Nice dig.Because D3 athletics are weak .Great students weak athletes.
      Sounds like D1 after the top 30!

Comment

Based on what info? Lots of the D3's don't want players announcing anything until after they are admitted, especially the high academic schools.
        Stop. D3 prereads happen July before senior year. Absolutely no offers before that. So, no, no offers from selective d3s early junior year.

Comment

For top NESCAC?
          ECNL/DA/NPL starter who plays the whole game and is clearly a top player on the team, these are kids who a step down from a D1 player. So if the D1 player is the gatorade player of the year, the NESCAC girls are her teammates.
          This is true on my son's team.

Comment

Stop. D3 prereads happen July before senior year. Absolutely no offers before that. So, no, no offers from selective d3s early junior year.
            My daughter knew in February of junior year. We trusted that the coach knew that she would get through the preread and they were right. Some coaches have more leeway than others.

Comment

My daughter knew in February of junior year. We trusted that the coach knew that she would get through the preread and they were right. Some coaches have more leeway than others.
              My daughter knew May of Junior year. Pre read included.

Comment

I said none are announced. But my DD got offer before July.

Comment

My daughter had discussions with both D1 and D3 coaches at what you would call high academic schools (under 15% acceptance rates). They were all pretty straight with her, i.e., here's what you need to make your candidacy more of a sure thing: 3.7+ and a 1400+. The D3s were pretty straightforward telling her what their baselines were. The interested D1s that made offers were interested in her scores as early as possible to see if they would help/hurt their average (they helped).

Talk to the schools you're interested in directly--they all have their own thing they need to get the kids through the process.

Comment

My daughter had discussions with both D1 and D3 coaches at what you would call high academic schools (under 15% acceptance rates). They were all pretty straight with her, i.e., here's what you need to make your candidacy more of a sure thing: 3.7+ and a 1400+. The D3s were pretty straightforward telling her what their baselines were. The interested D1s that made offers were interested in her scores as early as possible to see if they would help/hurt their average (they helped).

Talk to the schools you're interested in directly--they all have their own thing they need to get the kids through the process.
                    In some cases the last recruit(s) on D1 teams will be driven by AI average of the current commits. Better AI, soccer players as recruits, lower AI smarter recruits

Comment

In some cases the last recruit(s) on D1 teams will be driven by AI average of the current commits. Better AI, soccer players as recruits, lower AI smarter recruits

Comment

I thought Academic Index was an Ivy Specific concept.

Comment

This is a D3 thread.

Comment

I thought Academic Index was an Ivy Specific concept.
                            I think it is, and is an example of someone posting without knowing much about the topic at hand.

Comment

So I see a couple of commitments to Williams and Amherst (boys) on NESJ. Are these kids announcing in early October, before ED applications are due, let alone decided? Based on only the coach's word and presumably a preread?

What's the upside of announcing?

Comment

So I see a couple of commitments to Williams and Amherst (boys) on NESJ. Are these kids announcing in early October, before ED applications are due, let alone decided? Based on only the coach's word and presumably a preread?

What's the upside of announcing?
                                Social media bragging.

Of course kids (and families) want to announce commitments, even if technically it's all verbal. Technically all D1 commitments are verbal too until you sign an NLI. Most times you should have a decent idea if your admission is good bet or not. Announcing also takes you off the market.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X