X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So I just want to get this right...

If Choate wins against Porters..you feel Porters is better??

Seems like great logic.
    different poster, but I agree with you. It depends on score/circumstance. If they play on clean field and Choate wins 4-0, we will all know who is better. If it's 1-0 on a sloppy field and the winning goal goes off someone's butt, it's more of a tossup.

Comment

different poster, but I agree with you. It depends on score/circumstance. If they play on clean field and Choate wins 4-0, we will all know who is better. If it's 1-0 on a sloppy field and the winning goal goes off someone's butt, it's more of a tossup.
      Different poster, 1-0 off a butt is a toss up. Now that’s funny! Did Choate scare the hell out of you because of a tie (should’ve won on a late bad goal) against Andover?

Comment

Different poster, 1-0 off a butt is a toss up. Now that’s funny! Did Choate scare the hell out of you because of a tie (should’ve won on a late bad goal) against Andover?
        No, Choate means nothing to me. I'm commenting on the logic of whether to declare one team superior to another based on a single contest. I don't know whether Porters has 4 1-goal wins because some teams knocked it in their own goal or whether they've won every game 4 or 5 to nothing. I haven't seen them play, let alone play against a top 5 team.

I do know that their great record becomes pretty suspect if Choate or anyone else goes out and hammers them by 4 or 5 goals under decent playing conditions.

Comment

So then...

Thayer beat Andover 3 to 1 giving them their forst loss of season. Could I say Andover had a bad game and Andover is better than Thayer?

Could give you countless other examples. Fact is that anything other than relying on the head competition is silly and speculative.

Comment

So then...

Thayer beat Andover 3 to 1 giving them their forst loss of season. Could I say Andover had a bad game and Andover is better than Thayer?

Could give you countless other examples. Fact is that anything other than relying on the head competition is silly and speculative.
            The high school in my hometown played an opponent twice this fall. The scores were 1-7 and 2-1. What do I draw from that? I think I look at the entire season and try to determine what would happen if they played again. You can look at one game - head to head- or look at an entire season.

Comment

Ok first.. that never happen.

Second after the first game that was 1 to 7, am I supposed to make a case that the teams are equal? They may be, but we don't have the luxury of multiple games. So in your world...we look at all factors and possibly come up with a conclusion that, it was just a bad game and that the head to head is not the deciding factor?

So then I believe Andover is better then Thayer and thus should be ranking higher. Andover tied Pingree while Thayer lost.

Comment

No, Choate means nothing to me. I'm commenting on the logic of whether to declare one team superior to another based on a single contest. I don't know whether Porters has 4 1-goal wins because some teams knocked it in their own goal or whether they've won every game 4 or 5 to nothing. I haven't seen them play, let alone play against a top 5 team.

-Different poster

I do know that their great record becomes pretty suspect if Choate or anyone else goes out and hammers them by 4 or 5 goals under decent playing conditions.
                That’s the problem. You just don’t know. But you call other teams top 5 because? Choate record is so suspect, but you have them a 2-4 seed? Hotchkiss is a very good team but you don’t mention them at all. I think you make all these evaluations after the Choate vs Andover game.

Since you assume and don’t follow teams outside of the ISL.

Porters hasn’t lost by more than a goal in 4 years. That includes the playoff losses to Tabor (OT), 2 prior years were settled in PKs (Pingree and not sure after we beat Governors Academy 5-0). All 3 teams that defeated them, I believe won the title.

They’ve won the Founders League 2 out of 3 years. They only lost 2 games during those seasons. They’ve never lost to Loomis either when their senior laden team won and lost in the finals of the NEPSAC.
                We’ve played Choate the last 3 years and all the games were 1 goal games. Porters won two and lost last year 1-0. It tells you the game will be close.

The bottom line is, I’m not sure if they will win it all or beat Choate on Saturday or lose both. I do know that it’ll be close and any team that faces them from here on out will be in a fight from start to finish. It’ll be fun and exciting as the past years have been. The Mass teams travel well and are talented and that makes it a great atmosphere.
                Like I said earlier, “God luck to all”! It’ll be a fun ride.

Comment

Tiger go away already. Troll another team please.

Comment

2016 Porters 1 Choate 1
                    2017 Porters 1 Choate 0
                    2018 Choate 1 Porters 0
                    2019 - This Saturday

Comment

if porter's is finally healthy, they will take choate by 2 this year

Comment

if porter's is finally healthy, they will take choate by 2 this year
                        Please go Tiger! If you trolled this much, your kid should've just went there.

Comment

who is tiger

Comment

who is tiger
                            His kid was choosing between the two schools. She chose to play for Choate and he goes to watch Porters still.
                            He started some Loomis trolling on the Ct TS (killing the coach) and tried to bring up prep soccer. Ct only cares about FCIAC soccer. He tried a Choate vs Porters BIGGEST game of the century. He can’t stop trying to build up trash talking amongst schools.

Comment

Porters 41-1 versus opponents this month. Good luck choate, at least it will be a new month.

Comment

Porters 41-1 versus opponents this month. Good luck choate, at least it will be a new month.
                                A win and a tie for Porters this week should put them at #1

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X