Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    so how does this work exactly?....all younger kids trained in the all mighty barca methodology? then they get to ncaa and they play not in accordance with the coaches philosophy (the old dog)? how does this work?
    No I didn't say Barca methodology but La Liga methodology. You have to ask US Soccer how it would work. Many College coaches have taken or are taking additional courses to enhance their teaching methods and philosophy. When referring to old dog, I am referring to older players who are used to playing a certain way.

Comment

Barcelona's Famous La Masia Academy 'Is Sick'

No I didn't say Barca methodology but La Liga methodology. You have to ask US Soccer how it would work. Many College coaches have taken or are taking additional courses to enhance their teaching methods and philosophy. When referring to old dog, I am referring to older players who are used to playing a certain way.
      this sounds like an idea that will take years to nurture and come to fruition (my guess is about 15-20 years)....unfortunately, our american society does not have patience. We demand immediate results!!!! its in our dna as americans.....that will never change.

Comment

this sounds like an idea that will take years to nurture and come to fruition (my guess is about 15-20 years)....unfortunately, our american society does not have patience. We demand immediate results!!!! its in our dna as americans.....that will never change.
        I agree it will take many years and i'm not sure it will work but something has to change so that we can compete on a bigger stage or at least qualify to compete.

Comment

#hashbump

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2529066]this sounds like an idea that will take years to nurture and come to fruition (my guess is about 15-20 years)....unfortunately, our american society does not have patience. We demand immediate results!!!! its in our dna as americans.....that will never change.[/QUOTE

Bring back regular age-groups first. Get school friends playing together again.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2548475]
              this sounds like an idea that will take years to nurture and come to fruition (my guess is about 15-20 years)....unfortunately, our american society does not have patience. We demand immediate results!!!! its in our dna as americans.....that will never change.[/QUOTE

Bring back regular age-groups first. Get school friends playing together again.
              Yes to this. Less kids taking up the game at the youngest ages so US Soccer needs to wake up.

Comment

Barcelona's Famous La Masia Academy 'Is Sick'

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2549242]

Yes to this. Less kids taking up the game at the youngest ages so US Soccer needs to wake up.
                How does US soccer compete with Football, Baseball, Basketball, Lacrosse?
                All these activities (in the US) now are stressing year round commitment and training.

Ironically, in other countries no one really commits to one thing until teenage years.

Comment

I heard that now they have Barca NY PRO they are closing down La Masia in Spain.
                  If that’s true, that would be amazing

Comment

If that’s true, that would be amazing
                    deeeeeeooooooouuuche!

Comment

nothing wrong with barca

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X