Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    the original point was about early recruiting. so if you are recruiting 5 years out and you need 10 ,they were offering 3-5 early kids knowing that they may lose some and still saving for later bloomers
    it was rampant in hoops ,football and lax primarily-talk to one of those coaches they can explain ( I have)- the budgets didn't change and sometimes they had to pull offers back if it got too close to NLI time
    Even before the new rules 8th grade commits weren't very common.

Comment

Even before the new rules 8th grade commits weren't very common.
      As it should be, not sure what person would think someone closer to elementary school that college would be in a place to make such a commitment at such a young age, unless it was parent directed.

Comment

It’s ok for you to disagree- that’s just the way I saw it
        I don’t have a dog in this fight so I tried to give a fair assessment. I loved the rivalry aspect
        And as another poster commented it had the big game feel( pizza wagon, youth program etc...)
        If you are being honest then mention all the times she lost the ball and all the bad shots she took. Taking shots from 30 yards while having teammates in 18 yard box o
        Wide open. How many turnovers did she have ? 25 - 30 ?
        You might not have a dog but definitely you don't know how the game should be played.
        I watching some of my xplayers.
        Teaching my players the proper way to play and that was not .

Comment

If you are being honest then mention all the times she lost the ball and all the bad shots she took. Taking shots from 30 yards while having teammates in 18 yard box o
          You might not have a dog but definitely you don't know how the game should be played.
          First 20 minutes 1st half there was build up and moving the ball and STJ controlled and went up 1-0. Last 20 minutes it was too much MF show and it was more back and forth. 2nd half they went back to moving the ball. The goal they scored was a build up from their own defensive third with 5 or more passes before the score. They controlled the 2nd half. I was there with my younger kid. Have seen Trumbull play before but not STJ. Have heard all the hype about MF on here and through kids. What stood out to me was her speed. She's got a 5th gear that's unreal. The 2 Trumbull CMs are really good. But they just didn't have enough other players to compete for 40 minutes. Agree with the other poster on the atmosphere. Was a lot of fun and tons of younger kids enjoying a HS girls game.

Comment

This sounds exactly like JM. See how well that style of play is working out at the college level?

Comment

As it should be, not sure what person would think someone closer to elementary school that college would be in a place to make such a commitment at such a young age, unless it was parent directed.
              Go ask Anson Dorrance (the most successful women's soccer coach in US history) why he decided to give Olivia Moultrie a full-ride to UNC - she was 11 years old at the time.

Comment

I have to agree on Trumbull's slide tackles. Took out one of ours in a game, thankfully not seriously but it was ugly, ugly soccer.

But MF's mom or YU coach should lay off the TS fan club. You'd think parents and coaches would have learned by now not to put targets on kids' backs.
                #25 slide tackles all over the field, always has. dirty

Comment

As a prior poster mentioned, slide tackles are part of the game. Is she getting the ball? If she doesn’t are fouls being called? What’s the issue?

Comment

Slide tackles are not dirty. They happen to be allowed in the game of soccer.

Comment

Go ask Anson Dorrance (the most successful women's soccer coach in US history) why he decided to give Olivia Moultrie a full-ride to UNC - she was 11 years old at the time.
                      Read some articles and look at some of the quotes from OM's father. Yeah that seems normal.

Comment

The refs didn’t seem to think so. Plus, nobody had a problem with it last year when she did it while playing for StJ.

Comment

Read some articles and look at some of the quotes from OM's father. Yeah that seems normal.
                          The offer was made by UNC to the kid. Yes, the father is a piece of work.

Comment

What it does is create bad habits that their club coach has to get them out of, especially the defenders. That is unless of course you play for YU.

Comment

As a prior poster mentioned, slide tackles are part of the game. Is she getting the ball? If she doesn’t are fouls being called? What’s the issue?
                              Getting the ball alone doesn't mean it's not a foul. Was it careless, reckless and the use of excessive force? If we're talking about the Trumbull girl's slide tackles - IMHO one was a foul and one wasn't. The first one she got beaten and went in with excessive force to take the player with the ball out - yeah she got ball, but it was reckless and excessive. The second one was fine - she got ball and she was under control. Like someone said, it was a judgement call by the refs and they thought it was fine, so play on.

Comment

The offer was made by UNC to the kid. Yes, the father is a piece of work.
                                Forget that. She signed a deal with Nike this year and hired an agent. No NC for her.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X