Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broken News: OPL State Cup

It’s official. Only Oregon teams will be allowed to compete for the 2013 OPL State Cup.

This may come as a shock to those of you who assumed the OPL was open to a little competition from their Timber’s Alliance partner club in Vancouver. A person in the know within the OPL was overheard muttering something that sounded like “The OPC Board has agreed to appease member clubs who were concerned that the prestige of the OPL State Cup tournament would be significantly diminished if a team from “lowly Vantucky” was to actually win a Cup.” (NOTE: That could NEVER happen, of course, given the overwhelmingly high quality level of the Oregon clubs)

When asked how she felt about this decision, a Vantucky parent stated “Best news I’ve heard today. Really, there are only about 3 people within VT that wanted this to happen, and none of those have a clue. We’re actually quite relieved that we get to play in Washington for the spring league and State Cup. See you next summer, Oregon.”

Well, there you have it. On the surface this appears to be a win-win for all parties. What do you think?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It’s official. Only Oregon teams will be allowed to compete for the 2013 OPL State Cup.

This may come as a shock to those of you who assumed the OPL was open to a little competition from their Timber’s Alliance partner club in Vancouver. A person in the know within the OPL was overheard muttering something that sounded like “The OPC Board has agreed to appease member clubs who were concerned that the prestige of the OPL State Cup tournament would be significantly diminished if a team from “lowly Vantucky” was to actually win a Cup.” (NOTE: That could NEVER happen, of course, given the overwhelmingly high quality level of the Oregon clubs)

When asked how she felt about this decision, a Vantucky parent stated “Best news I’ve heard today. Really, there are only about 3 people within VT that wanted this to happen, and none of those have a clue. We’re actually quite relieved that we get to play in Washington for the spring league and State Cup. See you next summer, Oregon.”

Well, there you have it. On the surface this appears to be a win-win for all parties. What do you think?
    I think your a ****in' douche!

Comment

I thought it was a State Cup and recognized the best team in the State of OR? Last time I checked a map Vancouver is in WA

Comment

I think your a ****in' douche!
        We all think you're pretty special too :)

Comment

I thought it was a State Cup and recognized the best team in the State of OR? Last time I checked a map Vancouver is in WA
          League Cup. Not even open to all of the teams in Oregon.

Comment

Open to all the premier teams anyway. Rec teams need not apply.

Comment

Not true. There were teams last year that played in OPL State Cup that did not participate in Fall or Spring league

Comment

Its understandable. Why would the opl clubs want Vancouver in? Vancouver would end up bumping teams to lower divisions. Hell, there are select "A" teams that are good enough to play 1st division.

Comment

Its understandable. Why would the opl clubs want Vancouver in? Vancouver would end up bumping teams to lower divisions. Hell, there are select "A" teams that are good enough to play 1st division.
                  Do you not get the "State" part in "State Cup"? Does the Vancouver HS teams compete in the Oregon HS state playoffs?

There are plenty of tournaments in the area and league play where the Vancouver teams are more then welcomed to play. Personally, I want Vancouver teams in the league play and tournaments. Just not State Cup.

Yes, what is the point of a Washington team representing Oregon as the top team in Oregon.

Comment

And people wonder why OPL is so weak.

Comment

And people wonder why OPL is so weak.
                      Please tell me another State Cup tournament where there are teams out of state competing.

And people wonder why some people from Vancouver are so stupid.

Comment

Please tell me another State Cup tournament where there are teams out of state competing.

And people wonder why some people from Vancouver are so stupid.
                        How about US Club Washington State Cup just last spring. Several Idaho teams competed in that one. And it's about as much of a "State" Cup as the OPL "State" Cup...

Comment

Is this the "My cup is half empty" thread?

Comment

Is this the "My cup is half empty" thread?
                            I like that :)

Comment

Open to all the premier teams anyway. Rec teams need not apply.
                              Looking at past events, it's open to a lot more than just "premier" teams. Lots of borderline Rec+ teams in there...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X