Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Mc has crust on his tactical game. Yawn. Go to oakwood and end up at endicott
    Why do you care where kids go to college that aren’t yours? Who cares? If they go to endicott to study a program that they want and play soccer, you’re going to knock them on that?? Wether they go to NEU, Simmons, OW, FSA or CFC, that’s fantastic! You’ve got to be a dooshbag to think your way.

Comment

Mc has crust on his tactical game. Yawn. Go to oakwood and end up at endicott
      You must be really cool

Comment

Looks like a beautiful school to me, looks like they have soccer players from FSA and CFC, NEFC, Scorps And Stars, etc.... not too bad!

Comment

We are talking scholarships right? Class of 2021 scholarships are all gone. Go ahead and count just getting into program but you can do that at anytime. I thought the discussion was about something meaningful.
          Not true at all, particularly as they're rising juniors and aren't even allowed their official visits until next month. Plenty of $ still there, going fast but not gone.

Comment

Looks like a beautiful school to me, looks like they have soccer players from FSA and CFC, NEFC, Scorps And Stars, etc.... not too bad!
            As well as players who didn't play higher level club. You don't need DA to get onto a roster like Endicott.

Comment

Point was every level plays at DIII, guess you didn’t get it, doesn’t matter what level you play ECNL or DA, you go to the school you choose, usually the school that is a good academic fit for you. Not everyone aspires to play top level DI, just because someone plays DA or ECNL doesn’t mean they expect to play college at top level. Some play for the love of the game and do not choose to play high school for many reasons that can’t be comprehended on this site.

Comment

Point was every level plays at DIII, guess you didn’t get it, doesn’t matter what level you play ECNL or DA, you go to the school you choose, usually the school that is a good academic fit for you. Not everyone aspires to play top level DI, just because someone plays DA or ECNL doesn’t mean they expect to play college at top level. Some play for the love of the game and do not choose to play high school for many reasons that can’t be comprehended on this site.
                Why waste your high school days away from high school if you only plan on playing at a high school level in college? The point of GDA is to develop top level players (i know this is same as ECNL). but in GDA, you are sacrificing a portion of your teenage years and social life to ensure that you are "developing" into a top caliber player. These clubs being so desperate for players lie to many of them about their potential. Then they will realize they are only qualified to attend an overpriced country club to play soccer.

Comment

Missing something....

This discussion seems to be missing a huge component of the ERA of the kids.

Not everyone aspires to play tier 1 Div I soccer. And that absence of aspiration doesn't mean that one doesn't strive to be the best version of themselves that they can be. You can TRAIN very hard, to be your best, and not have pro or Div 1 aspirations. In fact the lesson of being the best version of yourself by committing yourself to something/anything is perhaps one of the best lessons a young man/woman can learn in their formative years.

And yes, sometimes being the BEST version of yourself comes with a cost, as it would with anything you strive and work hard for over 10 years. Whether you play ECNL, or DA, or whatever you decide to participate in (school plays, math, charitable organizations etc) there are always costs and always passion that drives you to continue.

Soccer is just another 'thing' another passion, another cost for parents. But if the kids LOVE IT, and if they work hard at it, and they have pride for the brand they participate in, then its all good and we should all support it.

Pay to play..... for the love of G-d, I'm pretty tired of hearing about this. Everything costs money. Even the MLS teams pay .... they just pay via GAS and TOLLS and school TUTORS.

Everyone pays... someway shape or form. But NOT everyone GETS it ... in that what we are all trying to do is raise confident, passionate, and well rounded kids who will be able to compete and succeed as adults.

If you are achieving the above, then have a beer on me and pat yourself on the back.
                  If you are not achieve the above, then move, pivot, do whatever you have to do to get on track.

Thats all I have to say about that.

Comment

Clueless- players can choose their level of play. Not all want to play H.S. contrary to everyone on TS belief. H.S. soccer is not a pretty game. BTW no promises or lies made, GDA or ECNL students choose where they want to go, as for overpriced country clubs lol.. price works out to be the same as the instate school with academic money.... these kids all know they are not playing for USWNT nor are they promised or lied too, just common sense. I supposed if you kid takes violin lessons it would be a waste of money if they didn’t get into the NY Philharmonic

Comment

Clueless- players can choose their level of play. Not all want to play H.S. contrary to everyone on TS belief. H.S. soccer is not a pretty game. BTW no promises or lies made, GDA or ECNL students choose where they want to go, as for overpriced country clubs lol.. price works out to be the same as the instate school with academic money.... these kids all know they are not playing for USWNT nor are they promised or lied too, just common sense. I supposed if you kid takes violin lessons it would be a waste of money if they didn’t get into the NY Philharmonic
                      These kids absolutely think they have USWNT potential and are indeed being told they will only be recruiting from GDA and you must play in that league if you want a shot at it. Go to an “informational” meeting and listen to the crap they are spewing to these kids and parents.

Comment

Not true have 3 kids in DA, no promises ever made, and it is their choice to play, they know they will never play on a national team, nor are they told they will, it’s just you people from other clubs that think theses promises are made... not sure why so many people care what level other kids play at... but I can assure you most play for reasons most on here can’t inderstand

Comment

Not true have 3 kids in DA, no promises ever made, and it is their choice to play, they know they will never play on a national team, nor are they told they will, it’s just you people from other clubs that think theses promises are made... not sure why so many people care what level other kids play at... but I can assure you most play for reasons most on here can’t inderstand
                          The promise is also implicit. If you skip high school soccer you will better trained and prepared over those playing high shcool soccer during the season. You will have an advantage over these ECNL players because they are "wasting their time" in high school leagues. But i have heard the talk from a coach directly with this exact promise to my 12yo that GDA is only path to take if you want to play soccer in college.

Comment

The promise is also implicit. If you skip high school soccer you will better trained and prepared over those playing high shcool soccer during the season. You will have an advantage over these ECNL players because they are "wasting their time" in high school leagues. But i have heard the talk from a coach directly with this exact promise to my 12yo that GDA is only path to take if you want to play soccer in college.
                            what coach was that at OW that promised GDA was the only path to college?

Comment

what coach in their right mind would tell a 12 yo girl GDA is the only way to play college soccer.

Comment

what coach in their right mind would tell a 12 yo girl GDA is the only way to play college soccer.
                                You’re foolish if you think this isn’t happening; it is.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X