Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunshine Conference

To me, this conference makes very little sense in Florida. The same teams in FSPL have to play each other again, incurring additional travel expenses, etc. Why not let FSPL results determine the standings for progression to regionals. I can see how it makes sense in other regions where there are multiple teams from more than one state, but here in Florida, it is just silly. We already played each other, now we have to do it again????

Agree. Straight money grab. Makes no sense for Florida.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      To me, this conference makes very little sense in Florida. The same teams in FSPL have to play each other again, incurring additional travel expenses, etc. Why not let FSPL results determine the standings for progression to regionals. I can see how it makes sense in other regions where there are multiple teams from more than one state, but here in Florida, it is just silly. We already played each other, now we have to do it again????
      Go Sunrise !

Comment

Agree. Straight money grab. Makes no sense for Florida.
        Not a money grab since teams qualifying from fspl don’t have to pay a fee to enter the conference. I would just call it an unnecessary burden on the parents (travel costs and time). I also agree it is pretty dumb to have to play the same teams again.

Comment

What genius club is this?

Comment

any travel outside of home region is waste of time and money.

Comment

What genius club is this?
              Not a club. A league. https://www.usyouthsoccer.org/sunshine-conference/

Comment

SRPL (R3PL) was destroyed for Florida teams with the new sub-Regional alignments. All the strong competition from northern GA is now gone.

Comment

SRPL (R3PL) was destroyed for Florida teams with the new sub-Regional alignments. All the strong competition from northern GA is now gone.
                  I agree. So stupid and a waste of time and money for FSPL teams to have to play again. They clearly didn’t think this through.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X