Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the announced demise of OCYS and ACYS who stands to grow

Whether they completely dissapear or shrink it is apparent that a decent amount of kids will exit OCYS and ACYS again this year.

Overall it seems that most clubs are poorly run and view the kids/parents as a problem rather than the customer who has to find value in the product the club provides.

We have had coaches that refuse to talk to parents, coaches who are so busy on their phone that they can barely bother with practice and some amazing coaches.

The experience at the same club across age groups and levels is never consistent. Why can't someone combine practical business experience to develop people, create processes and deliver a decent product?

In the past FYSA was part of this problem as they had the stupid 10 mile rule to protect existing clubs. With so many clubs moving to US soccer this should create competition and a better product as new entrants can come in.

I am sure that FKK will gain a bunch of OCYS players simply because of proximity. GPS probably will as well. While I have heard decent reviews on FKK GPS has at best been a mixed bag. Who do you think will benefit.

RUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSHHHHHHH

Even though we dont need any more talent. we are DOMINATING soccer with our select group of DOMINANT players.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      RUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSHHHHHHH

Even though we dont need any more talent. we are DOMINATING soccer with our select group of DOMINANT players.
      if by select and dominant you mean 8 boys teams at low levels each kid paying about 1500 each i think the words should be ignorant parents..

Comment

Top level players 15 yrs old and up will tryout at FKK ECNL just because it has a lot more to offer then Rush with GCF, FPL & etc. Rush will get the boys that live close and just want to have fun playing while FKK will get the ones looking for higher competitive play with college exposure. We came from one of those two last year and son loves the move to ECNL. Other players are taking notice of some of FKKs ECNL teams.
        Don't have experience on girls side but I would take the same view as the boys. Seems FKK ECNL had more to offer.

Comment

RUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSHHHHHHH

You all realize this probably is from a non Rush poster being sarcastic.
          Just to clarify
          Far from being any close to dominant, now 4 plus years ago maybe but your once dominance continues to crumble because the chiefs sat back and watched other clubs get better.

Comment

We have not been informed of any demise here at OCYS, but there are some rumblings of changes. I can see more of a demise of ACYS then us at OCYS, but then again we could be the last to know.

Comment

I agree with poster, so many clubs to choose from, and so many problems you could inherit by picking any one of them. Having had experience with several clubs over the years, overall I can say I've gotten to the point that I would rather stay away from all of them. People mention FKK, well, I am not sure they are better than OCYS, FESA, etcetera, as there are concerns of politics, the daddy coach issue, over rostering, random demotions. Until youth soccer stops being a business, where people can profit substantially, I am not sure soccer in this area or country it will ever get any better, probably only worse, at least until the consumer has more of a voice. Parents and children really need a union to help them navigate through the rough waters that is club soccer, to provide some protection if services are not provided as advertised, that clubs can no longer make false promises and continue to get away with them without consequences. As it stands right now, it seems clubs will tell people whatever they want to hear at tryouts just to get you to register and submit a payment plan. Once you are locked into that contract, they are not letting your kid or your money go anywhere for a year, and unfortunately you just never know how the year will turn out, if you are disappointed it doesn't matter, there's really little consumer protection in this instance. I believe a setting where much less money is being paid to these clubs would help eliminate many of these problems. US Soccer should support local organizations in this regard, which would eliminate pay for play situations, greedy soccer club entrepreneurs, and ultimately more kids would play. I don't believe this problem is isolated to soccer, though with >4 million kids playing, with wealthy families willing to pay, it is ripe for abuse. I understand baseball, volleyball, and other sports are having the same problem. Other countries, such as Spain, Iceland, China, have government sponsored systems, which promotes more equality in identifying talent (not just who pays the most, pays extra for private coaching, sponsoring team fields, or the clubs themselves), focused more on development rather than victories, and these countries will soon surpass the US in Womens soccer, because of strong grassroots development. In the US, when there's money to made, development is secondary to profit.

Comment

I agree with poster, so many clubs to choose from, and so many problems you could inherit by picking any one of them. Having had experience with several clubs over the years, overall I can say I've gotten to the point that I would rather stay away from all of them. People mention FKK, well, I am not sure they are better than OCYS, FESA, etcetera, as there are concerns of politics, the daddy coach issue, over rostering, random demotions. Until youth soccer stops being a business, where people can profit substantially, I am not sure soccer in this area or country it will ever get any better, probably only worse, at least until the consumer has more of a voice. Parents and children really need a union to help them navigate through the rough waters that is club soccer, to provide some protection if services are not provided as advertised, that clubs can no longer make false promises and continue to get away with them without consequences. As it stands right now, it seems clubs will tell people whatever they want to hear at tryouts just to get you to register and submit a payment plan. Once you are locked into that contract, they are not letting your kid or your money go anywhere for a year, and unfortunately you just never know how the year will turn out, if you are disappointed it doesn't matter, there's really little consumer protection in this instance. I believe a setting where much less money is being paid to these clubs would help eliminate many of these problems. US Soccer should support local organizations in this regard, which would eliminate pay for play situations, greedy soccer club entrepreneurs, and ultimately more kids would play. I don't believe this problem is isolated to soccer, though with >4 million kids playing, with wealthy families willing to pay, it is ripe for abuse. I understand baseball, volleyball, and other sports are having the same problem. Other countries, such as Spain, Iceland, China, have government sponsored systems, which promotes more equality in identifying talent (not just who pays the most, pays extra for private coaching, sponsoring team fields, or the clubs themselves), focused more on development rather than victories, and these countries will soon surpass the US in Womens soccer, because of strong grassroots development. In the US, when there's money to made, development is secondary to profit.
                That wall of text is unreadable. Paragraphs are your friend. I’ll simplify everything for you.

RUSH

That’s the only word you need with Central Florida Soccer.

Comment

That wall of text is unreadable. Paragraphs are your friend. I’ll simplify everything for you.

RUSH

That’s the only word you need with Central Florida Soccer.
                  that's awesome.. Rush... thank you for giving me my laugh for the day...GGS has more to offer these days than Rush...but again, thanks for the chuckle..

Comment

Who is GGS?

Comment

that's awesome.. Rush... thank you for giving me my laugh for the day...GGS has more to offer these days than Rush...but again, thanks for the chuckle..
                      Laugh all you want. havent you heard? Rush is taking over. We have beaten most everyone worth playing...go back and read the past threads. Plus, we have Trevor G now. It’s over for the rest of you scubs.

Comment

Laugh all you want. havent you heard? Rush is taking over. We have beaten most everyone worth playing...go back and read the past threads. Plus, we have Trevor G now. It’s over for the rest of you scubs.
                        Trevor g is the real deal. Will he be banging all the moms and coaching all the da teams?

Comment

Who is GGS?
                          Small club started by Marcos marchado. Keeper coach with mls team lions and then pride. Nice small club in west Orlando/ rush territory...he has a good name behind him and they were even awarded an UPSL team. An option if you don’t want to deal with the crap from Rush

Comment

More to offer????....Yeah thats a big no

Comment

More to offer????....Yeah thats a big no
                              What is the difference after u 14

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X