Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rumor is birth year mandate will be changed

Word amongst our circle is the birth year mandate has been a total failure and will back to August 1. Anyone else hearing this

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Word amongst our circle is the birth year mandate has been a total failure and will back to August 1. Anyone else hearing this
    Just cause you read a BS rumor on this board or wishful conjecture on another board doesn’t mean it’s true.

Comment

When change went through I didn't pay much attention. It didn't effect my dd as she was already playing up and the change didn't really change who she was playing with. Fast forward a few years, I can now see how birth year is kind of inefficient for recruiting purposes.

I guess there is also some data that shows participation rates at younger ages is declining and some tie that loosely to the awkward birth year framework and how it keeps some younger kids away from the sport that just want to play with their classmates.

So there are a couple sound reasons to switch back. What are the continuing arguments for keeping the current birth year framework? Is it solely a USSF thing?

Comment

Stirring the pot is always fun isn’t it..

Comment

Being born in later part of the year is a killer when your young. My kid born dec 30th. As example. When they get older 17/18 maybe then it’s okay. Relative age effect it’s a great read, but since many here can’t tead, to summarize being born in the later part of the year means your basically screwed, and most likely drop out. The Uk still used school year, but I think it’s the only one

Comment

Being born in later part of the year is a killer when your young. My kid born dec 30th. As example. When they get older 17/18 maybe then it’s okay. Relative age effect it’s a great read, but since many here can’t tead, to summarize being born in the later part of the year means your basically screwed, and most likely drop out. The Uk still used school year, but I think it’s the only one
            This is such bvllsh1t.

Is there no “younger end of the spectrum” in school year age?

All you’re doing is moving the date dvmbass. You’re just shifting that poor poor kid who is in the younger part of the age group to a different month. A year is a year no matter the start date.

Ease of recruiting I get. Reality is that once the players are recruiting age sophomore - senior....physically there is little difference in girls and late growing boys will always have a tough time no matter the arbitrary date.

Comment

Yes, many of us in this forum can’t tead. It’s very difficult for us non-teaders to tead properly when you can’t even spell correctly.

Comment

This is such bvllsh1t.

Is there no “younger end of the spectrum” in school year age?

All you’re doing is moving the date dvmbass. You’re just shifting that poor poor kid who is in the younger part of the age group to a different month. A year is a year no matter the start date.

Ease of recruiting I get. Reality is that once the players are recruiting age sophomore - senior....physically there is little difference in girls and late growing boys will always have a tough time no matter the arbitrary date.
                Idiot

Comment

Idiot
                  Nope.

12 months is 12 months no matter when you start it.

Stop feeling sorry for your poor “younger” kid. Good players play up anyway.

Idiot.

Comment

Yes, many of us in this forum can’t tead. It’s very difficult for us non-teaders to tead properly when you can’t even spell correctly.
                    The spelling Nazi's are out tonight, They've FU#k
                    All going on with their lives, so being Ar#r holes is all they know. There busy checking everyone's spelling while someone else is servicing their Partner.

Comment

The spelling Nazi's are out tonight, They've FU#k
                      All going on with their lives, so being Ar#r holes is all they know. There busy checking everyone's spelling while someone else is servicing their Partner.
                      Yep. Spell nazis are my favorite internet loooosers.

Comment

Nope.

12 months is 12 months no matter when you start it.

Stop feeling sorry for your poor “younger” kid. Good players play up anyway.

Idiot.
                        Says the Parent whose kid was born Jan 1st.

Comment

Yep. Spell nazis are my favorite internet loooosers.
                          Dont care what you think long as i can support my great President you can lick the mouldy cheese of My bell end

Comment

And you’re crying parent of a kid born September 1....poor baby.

Do you not see the irony cry baby?

Comment

Go back to Y soccer so you can still get your trophy along with everyone else.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X