Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top Drawer Soccer Rankings

The update to the Class of 2020 Top 150 came out yesterday. There's only one player from Massachusetts and he plays for NEFC. So much for the whole DA patch phenomenon.

I find it funny that 3 Massachusetts Class of 2020 players are committed to D1 schools and are included on the TDS directory but didn't make the Top 150. Hell, there is another NEFC kid headed to Dartmouth.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The update to the Class of 2020 Top 150 came out yesterday. There's only one player from Massachusetts and he plays for NEFC. So much for the whole DA patch phenomenon.

I find it funny that 3 Massachusetts Class of 2020 players are committed to D1 schools and are included on the TDS directory but didn't make the Top 150. Hell, there is another NEFC kid headed to Dartmouth.
    Not sure I'm following. Couldn't you same the same thing about ECNL and NPL "patch phenomenon"?

What leagues do the other 149 come from?

Comment

https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/search/?area=clubplayer

Comment

Don’t you realize TDS is a pay to play service? If you pay your name get ps on the list.

Comment

Don’t you realize TDS is a pay to play service? If you pay your name get ps on the list.
          People just don’t get that! We have a player on our team committed and she’s not on the list either.

Comment

You can register and not pay and be listed in the top 150 if you have been identified

Comment

Never waste a chance to try to take a potshot at DA, OP.

Never waste a chance....

Comment

1. TDS is by no means complete. Or completely accurate.

2. However it is *broadly * accurate: a 4 star player will not be a bad player.

3. It is not pay to play. You can create a profile for free, which may get you on their radar screen. It *is* "pay to see" -- in order to read everything, including your own player's ranking, you need to pay.

4. Coaches don't follow TDS.

Comment

1. TDS is by no means complete. Or completely accurate.

2. However it is *broadly * accurate: a 4 star player will not be a bad player.

3. It is not pay to play. You can create a profile for free, which may get you on their radar screen. It *is* "pay to see" -- in order to read everything, including your own player's ranking, you need to pay.

4. Coaches don't follow TDS.
                  Correct . I would also that there are many good players either not rated correctly or not on TDS at all. TDS does a good job with the top 5. After that they are either too understaffed or just incompetent. They don’t verify the claimed qualifications of those players. For example there are players long gone from the revs who still claim to be with the revs.

Comment

Correct . I would also that there are many good players either not rated correctly or not on TDS at all. TDS does a good job with the top 5. After that they are either too understaffed or just incompetent. They don’t verify the claimed qualifications of those players. For example there are players long gone from the revs who still claim to be with the revs.
                    TDS has always been a HUGE proponent of the ECNL. Most years, most of the players of the player ranking come from clubs linked to it. Usually when you see a player on their rankings that is not with an ECNL club they are superior level players whom they usually rank below their actual perceived level. You certainly don't see many average players from non ECNL clubs on their rankings

Comment

So what is TDS good for? Anything?

Comment

So what is TDS good for? Anything?
                        There's some good articles and info on college, etc. But rankings and stars? No.

Comment

TDS has always been a HUGE proponent of the ECNL. Most years, most of the players of the player ranking come from clubs linked to it. Usually when you see a player on their rankings that is not with an ECNL club they are superior level players whom they usually rank below their actual perceived level. You certainly don't see many average players from non ECNL clubs on their rankings
                          I think lately TDS has been a HUGE proponent of GDA. More GDA players and teams ranked than ECNL.

Comment

Not true. When my kid was young, I didn't know better and paid so my kid could upload resume and stuff on TDS. Followed someone on team's advice. Recognition didn't happen until well after payments stopped.
                            It's like anything else, take it with a grain of salt. Will agree, some good articles. It was the place to go for information years ago. Now, too much competition as far as good soccer stories and rankings. Because not every club, team, school, college, actually reports to them, the information is only as good as what is received. Like everything else in soccer; time come and gone.

Comment

Not true. When my kid was young, I didn't know better and paid so my kid could upload resume and stuff on TDS. Followed someone on team's advice. Recognition didn't happen until well after payments stopped.
                              It's like anything else, take it with a grain of salt. Will agree, some good articles. It was the place to go for information years ago. Now, too much competition as far as good soccer stories and rankings. Because not every club, team, school, college, actually reports to them, the information is only as good as what is received. Like everything else in soccer; time come and gone.
                              Where would be the best place to get youth soccer news? Sad that all the "elite" leagues/ teams can't get together to honestly rate kids starting at age 14. But I guess they have to first come together to decide which league would be unanimously considered "Elite".

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X