•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    She plays FC Stars ECNL
    She was at Seacoast. Prior to that.
    So I'm clear, this girl drives 2 hours to Stars location for practice; each way?

Wow

(not saying I disbelieve...just 'wow')

Comment

So I'm clear, this girl drives 2 hours to Stars location for practice; each way?

Wow

(not saying I disbelieve...just 'wow')
      Yes. Guess her D1 college coach dad drinks the kool-aid. There are players at Stars in Lancaster from further away such as Vermont and Maine. Traveling 1-2 hours one way to practice is typical of at least half the players on ECNL and NPL teams.

Comment

Yes. Guess her D1 college coach dad drinks the kool-aid. There are players at Stars in Lancaster from further away such as Vermont and Maine. Traveling 1-2 hours one way to practice is typical of at least half the players on ECNL and NPL teams.
        Unnecessary to travel more than an hour to play on NPL or ECNL or DA.

Comment

Unnecessary to travel more than an hour to play on NPL or ECNL or DA.
          I meant specifically on the Stars ECNL and NPL teams. Yes a player in southern or central NH or southern Maine could travel to Seacoast to play DA or NPL, however if they have already played there and/or want something else for various reasons then they travel to Lancaster.

Comment

I meant specifically on the Stars ECNL and NPL teams. Yes a player in southern or central NH or southern Maine could travel to Seacoast to play DA or NPL, however if they have already played there and/or want something else for various reasons then they travel to Lancaster.
            Understood, but you still don't need to drive over an hour to get something that is available and closer.

Comment

Understood, but you still don't need to drive over an hour to get something that is available and closer.
              If you live in southern/central NH and have already played with Seacoast and were not happy then where?

Comment

Making the drive may make sense if you think that the 2 options are not equal.

Comment

Any word on how turnout was at the 06 and 07 ID night?

Comment

From what I heard there was only a couple girls that showed up. Good luck putting a roster together next fall.

Comment

40+ girls from what I saw. More 06’s than 07’s

Didn’t stay for 06’s but some strong girls
                      in the ‘07’s.

Comment

in the ‘07’s.
                        Good to hear. I am seeing more activity outside of NH and drawing from north of I93; that is their hope to make this stick.

Comment

in the ‘07’s.
                          40+ sounds like a great turnout. I have a d in this age group but her skill level isn't on par with a DA team so i was just curious how many are interested in that route.

Comment

40 players showed up and maybe 3 from outside clubs. I don’t call that a good turn out.

Comment

40 players showed up and maybe 3 from outside clubs. I don’t call that a good turn out.

All you need are 15 good players. If some come from other clubs who wouldn't otherwise, then it's doing it's job so far considering we we are in month #9.

Comment

Hmmm. Between the 06 and 07 girls they are 4 teams. That's less than 60 girls. Should anyone not currently on the NPL teams be trying out for DA? Not sure. If they got 40 or more from the 4 teams plus some from outside, i would not call that a bad turnout. This is a small club with a new GDA program.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X