Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SUSC What’s the buzz regarding GDA?

So NYCFC is stepping out of GDA and rumored that Empire will be tossed out. SSS might be added? Anyone know anything else? GPS? How will GDA in the Northeast survive all this?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So NYCFC is stepping out of GDA and rumored that Empire will be tossed out. SSS might be added? Anyone know anything else? GPS? How will GDA in the Northeast survive all this?
    We are thinking about putting a neighborhood team in as well .... USSF called me last might .... I have to see if I can get enough kids first though.

Comment

The buzz is there is no buzz. Everything is rumors, and not well-communicated ones at that, so it's status quo for now.

Let the season run it's course and go from there. Same as any other year.

If Seacoast leadership is reviewing, they sure aren't (and shouldn't be) talking to the masses yet about it.

Comment

SUSC is holding an ID day in a couple weeks so looks like they're plowing forward, for now

Comment

Sad turn out tonight. What a waste of a program

Comment

What age had a poor turnout?

Comment

Sad turn out tonight. What a waste of a program
              All ages were low turnout - not promising if you are SUSC GDA that your numbers for ID were that low. SUSC has totally under estimated the draw of GDA to this area.

Right now on the girls side - if you take the top 10 girls in NHIAA DI and the top 10 girls in DII and had them play GDA - SUSC would see a 3-0 or 4-0 loss hung on them. They won't draw the top girls out of HS sports to come play there.

Heck - Exeter, Central, Bedford, Hanover, Bow, and Oyster River top 3 girls all combined together would beat the GDA team with ease.

Comment

All ages were low turnout - not promising if you are SUSC GDA that your numbers for ID were that low. SUSC has totally under estimated the draw of GDA to this area.

Right now on the girls side - if you take the top 10 girls in NHIAA DI and the top 10 girls in DII and had them play GDA - SUSC would see a 3-0 or 4-0 loss hung on them. They won't draw the top girls out of HS sports to come play there.

Heck - Exeter, Central, Bedford, Hanover, Bow, and Oyster River top 3 girls all combined together would beat the GDA team with ease.
                That's a complete fallacy. I watched all the HS quarters, semis, and finals and without a doubt the DA teams would be them.

Comment

All ages?

No. Check again.

Comment

That's a complete fallacy. I watched all the HS quarters, semis, and finals and without a doubt the DA teams would be them.
                    Well let’s see. There are 7 girls in NH who currently play for ECNL teams in MA. Take them and add in the top 4 from GPS NH and yes that team would beat Seacoast DA team, no doubt. But random “top high school” players in NH? No.

The real question is how many more college commits will Seacoast churn out now that they are DA vs NPL? They typically had 1-2 really good players on each team in the past and 1-2 good players. Will that number increase? Will they draw southern NH players who travel to MA to play? I don’t know. Depends on the success of the GDA really.

I would love to see a NH club draw all the good NH players into one club and represent NH on a National level.

Comment

I would love to see a NH club draw all the good NH players into one club and represent NH on a National level.
                      Never happen. The kool-aid's too deep with Stars parents now.

Comment

Originally posted by Seacoast Facebook
                        Did you miss Sunday's Girls U.S. Soccer Development Academy ID Day?!

DON'T WORRY! Seacoast United will host one more #GirlsIDDay Sunday, February 17th in #EppingNH. ✔️⚽️

🔗Click the link to learn more: https://bi****/2SJ87oa #WeAreSUSC #OneClub #BePartOfIt
                        Oh the joys of having the luxury of paid marketing staff to spin things!

Comment

Never happen. The kool-aid's too deep with Stars parents now.
                          Or the coaching staff, player development, team results, and college commits are all better.

Comment

I typically find that the more one protests or tries to prove their decision is the right one, the less they actually believe in it.

I encourage everyone to research and look into all programs that fit YOUR criteria.

I find the training, development, and exposure generated so far in our brief time there to be beyond expectations. We'll see how the future goes, but for a program that has been in place for 8 months and what we've seen so far, they are batting 1.000.

And, as for Stars, know some players there and have nothing but good things to say about them.

Comment

Last night was advertised as only the 04 and 05s. Next week is 06 and 07. Curious what that group will bring. The 07s are still young enough where everyone believes D1 full ride is on the table.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X