Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It's a done deal Cape Coral to get ecnl through FC Prime. Alan does it again on the other coast with a program that if you read ecnl guidelines does not meet most of the requirements. It's amazing how this is happening, it's not what you know it's who you know. I'm surprised after FC Prime received ecnl on the east coast, no investigation of how he received it among all those great teams in that area. Apparently knows one of the big wigs in ecnl. To me this looks like a monopoly starting with FC Prime not good for soccer.
    When will they announce?

Comment

Cape Coral doesn't have the teams, infrastructure, or coaches to sustain an average competitive program. Let alone ECNL.

They've lost several teams over the last three years. All of which were girl's teams. Which is what ECNL is.

If it happens, then its definitely a "who you know" situation.

Comment

Cape Coral doesn't have the teams, infrastructure, or coaches to sustain an average competitive program. Let alone ECNL.

They've lost several teams over the last three years. All of which were girl's teams. Which is what ECNL is.

of course it is moron, FC Prime didn't even exist before they got ECNL in Broward. Who cares if Cape Coral is weak, obviously thats not a criteria anymore its just who you know or who pays off the decision makers. This is the problem with south Florida soccer, just look at what happened when Boca U had ECNL. That was a major disaster to and all because its who you know. Alan has been fired everywhere he's been for a reason. He will mess this up also just wait and see.

Comment

I’m not sure what you consider average – but they have almost 30 travel teams and do very well in the younger age groups. According to this site, if you don’t have ECNL/DA you are rec – so I see your logic. The nearest ECNL/DA programs to SW FL are a 2 hour drive. If you look at the rosters on Prime, WFF, etc. there are plenty of older SW Florida kids there.

Comment

I’m not sure what you consider average – but they have almost 30 travel teams and do very well in the younger age groups. According to this site, if you don’t have ECNL/DA you are rec – so I see your logic. The nearest ECNL/DA programs to SW FL are a 2 hour drive. If you look at the rosters on Prime, WFF, etc. there are plenty of older SW Florida kids there.
            Read the context of my statement. They don't have the coaches or teams to sustain a good competitive program. They have lost several coaches the past years.
            Look at their teams....they have lost several FULL teams and dozens of players over three years - if not 100+. They have age groups with no team because they lost ALL players from that age.

My 'logic' has nothing to do with not having ECNL. It has everything to do with losing dozens of players in just two years because the club doesn't have a competitive mindset, and enough good coaches. If you live in the area, you know this. Ask anyone: "what happened to that good Cape [fill in age] team?" The answer will be that all the players left for another club.

And you are correct, there are plenty of talented players in SWFL that go to Prime/WFF to play ECNL. I never said there wasn't talent. I simply said they all leave because of Cape's shortcomings. How many players that live in Cape or have played in Cape are now at that other club across the bridge?

If Cape can't keep its players to a local club that DOESN'T have ECNL, you think that giving it an ECNL designation automatically makes it good enough?

Comment

of course it is moron, FC Prime didn't even exist before they got ECNL in Broward. Who cares if Cape Coral is weak, obviously thats not a criteria anymore its just who you know or who pays off the decision makers. This is the problem with south Florida soccer, just look at what happened when Boca U had ECNL. That was a major disaster to and all because its who you know. Alan has been fired everywhere he's been for a reason. He will mess this up also just wait and see.
              You call me a moron and then proceed to agree with me on every point. troll. HAHAHAHA

Comment

Read the context of my statement. They don't have the coaches or teams to sustain a good competitive program. They have lost several coaches the past years.
                Look at their teams....they have lost several FULL teams and dozens of players over three years - if not 100+. They have age groups with no team because they lost ALL players from that age.

My 'logic' has nothing to do with not having ECNL. It has everything to do with losing dozens of players in just two years because the club doesn't have a competitive mindset, and enough good coaches. If you live in the area, you know this. Ask anyone: "what happened to that good Cape [fill in age] team?" The answer will be that all the players left for another club.

And you are correct, there are plenty of talented players in SWFL that go to Prime/WFF to play ECNL. I never said there wasn't talent. I simply said they all leave because of Cape's shortcomings. How many players that live in Cape or have played in Cape are now at that other club across the bridge?

If Cape can't keep its players to a local club that DOESN'T have ECNL, you think that giving it an ECNL designation automatically makes it good enough?
                So if this is all ture - then why didn't that club where everyone went get it? The Cape lost one full team (girls) last year I believe - I'm not sure where 100+ kids went - I do see kids who played in the cape on other rosters. I think many believed they would get more exposure there. They have been going back and forth across the bridge to Strikers, Florida Premier, etc. for years. Besides RG, RD & BS - which coaches went to other clubs?

Comment

So if this is all ture - then why didn't that club where everyone went get it? The Cape lost one full team (girls) last year I believe - I'm not sure where 100+ kids went - I do see kids who played in the cape on other rosters. I think many believed they would get more exposure there. They have been going back and forth across the bridge to Strikers, Florida Premier, etc. for years. Besides RG, RD & BS - which coaches went to other clubs?
                  Strong players will immediately see the benefits to playing in the ECNL - Quality coaches will see the same benefits.

Comment

They lost a whole team a few years back. An entire u18, u16 and u15 team left a year after that. Saw the writing on the wall and last year both the 04 and 03 girls left forcing the club to combine their left-over 04 and 03 players to form one team.

And I agree with you 100%. Those girls believed they would get exposure somewhere else. But if you talk to us parents, we left because the club is run horribly.
                    Its a circus. Is the letters E C N L going to change the way the club is run?

Comment

They lost a whole team a few years back. An entire u18, u16 and u15 team left a year after that. Saw the writing on the wall and last year both the 04 and 03 girls left forcing the club to combine their left-over 04 and 03 players to form one team.

And I agree with you 100%. Those girls believed they would get exposure somewhere else. But if you talk to us parents, we left because the club is run horribly.
                      No, it will not. The “leaders” who neglected the competitive teams need to get out of the way.

Comment

Please explain...I am being serious here. What do they do or not do that makes the club run horribly? I've been considering this club and I would like an honest assessment of what could be done better. This club is a better choice for me due to location.

Comment

Please explain...I am being serious here. What do they do or not do that makes the club run horribly? I've been considering this club and I would like an honest assessment of what could be done better. This club is a better choice for me due to location.
                          History has it. Tides change. Over the years clubs get stronger others fall off. Naples sharks was a good club now Florida Fire. Florida premier dominated the girls side early 90s. Where are they now. Lee county strikers had a few decent years. North ft Myers gritty few teams that did average. GPS new kid in the block everyone wants to be around the new kid until they get bored and move on. Cape Coral ups and downs. Cape develops the players at a young age and can't seem to hold on to players after 13. It's a shame combining the best players in southwest Florida you would have ECNL for girls and DA for boys. GPS has DA and will struggle until they get settled in. It is what it is and things will never change. Focus on your kid and find the best environment for them even if it's 2hrs away. Best players in SWFL do not play here.

Comment

I heard a lot of gossip on this at the fields this weekend. Things like AH involved, Some coaches already named, rosters already identified, and other tidbits. If it’s true, then yay, a local option for the best local girls. If it does not get finalized though, there are going to be a lot of let down parents. Especially since someone is already recruiting these girls to these rosters and parents think it’s a done deal.

There will be chaos now whether it happens or not now. Lots of high expectations will be met with disappointment if it does not happen or teams from Strikers, Fire, GPS, and Cape leftovers will get ripped apart if it happens.

Comment

It's a done deal Cape Coral to get ecnl through FC Prime. Alan does it again on the other coast with a program that if you read ecnl guidelines does not meet most of the requirements. It's amazing how this is happening, it's not what you know it's who you know. I'm surprised after FC Prime received ecnl on the east coast, no investigation of how he received it among all those great teams in that area. Apparently knows one of the big wigs in ecnl. To me this looks like a monopoly starting with FC Prime not good for soccer.

di·lu·tion

the action of making something weaker in force, content, or value.

Comment

di·lu·tion

the action of making something weaker in force, content, or value.
                                Nothing is a done deal until it happens...and it has not happened yet. Everyone in SW Fla will know when it happens so don’t count on any rumors. You’ll only let yourself down.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X