• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Whia are you guys dating? What a bore you must be
    English please...

Comment

English please...
      I love the pipe smoker gushing it up for a stiffy 3000 miles away.

Comment

NoCal GDA, which is just the Bay Area, has to play Portland, Seattle and Utah. All require flights so it's no wonder GDA is weaker there. Look at the maps - really only SoCal and the NE and Atlantic are decently tightly clustered. Frontier and Midwest have pretty bad travel also. Scan the FL board and they're all bit*hing about the travel also.
        Do you guys even know what you are talking about?? Oakwood 05 and 06 just came to Portland Oregon last night and lost to the 05/06 Portland Thorns 2-0. The Oakwood team has 7 wins and 1 tie in the Fall season of the Northeast GDA. The Oregon 06 (largely made up of U13 pre-Thorns training players) team also beat Oakwood 06. I assume Oakwood will beat Seattle Reign by 1-3 goals and lose to Crossfire Premier the rest of this weekend. These are non sanctioned DA games. It was great to see a team from the east coast make an effort to do their own tour out in the NW to engage some new competition. Very nice folks too. They have some good players, but they do play very vertical on the field, not using the width enough. The NW division of GDA is strong competition at the U14 level anyway. San Jose Earthquakes, CA Thorns from Nor CA and Crossfire Premier from Seattle Metro are playing at a Top 20 team level in the US for this age group. The Portland OR Thorns, Placer NoCA and La Roca UT are no walks in the park. US soccer misreports some scores on their game reports because they rely on refs to load them, so I know of 3 errors in reporting scores in the Fall league games on their website, and that’s just what I caught. Seattle Reign Academy and La Morinda NoCA are more like competitive NW ECNL level teams at this time, though La Morinda beat So CA Blues this fall, so anything can happen with them. I agree NoCA ECNL has strong teams too with MVLA Mustangs San Juan Davis etc. but let me debunk a little myth here. Look at the NW ECNL schedule. There are 14 maybe it’s 15 teams in this division! The OR WA and ID teams almost exclusively play each other this Spring, except for one weekend in league play they play 2 of the NoCA ECNL teams. No CA teams are heading south and playing out of league So CA ECNL teams as much or more than the NW. The devil’s in the details. You have to look at team schedules and not make assumptions.

Comment

One more comment of interest. Youthsoccerrankings.com used to be a reliable indicator of a team’s national ranking or at least reasonable compared to anything else out there, but I do not know if it just can’t nail down things with all the team and player shifts these last 12 months or so, but it is not a good predictor right now. There are teams ranked high that it easy to find who they lost to and it makes no sense why they are high and some teams are lower ranked that have beat multiple times ranked teams above them. Looking at league play scores on game reports, even with reporting errors, seems to be the only sure thing these days. And even then divisions of ECNL and DA vary in general competition level.

Comment

Crossfire just exited the GDA

Vultures are circling this thing. One more year and the whole thing craters.

Comment

Crossfire just exited the GDA

Vultures are circling this thing. One more year and the whole thing craters.
              http://www.eliteclubsnationalleague....n-for-2019-20/

Comment

Big time Crossfire Premier is out of GDA. Who is next? Socal Blues? Slammers already out last year. Death is coming quickly and clubs won’t want to be the last ones trying to hang on to a dying ship.

Comment

Big time Crossfire Premier is out of GDA. Who is next? Socal Blues? Slammers already out last year. Death is coming quickly and clubs won’t want to be the last ones trying to hang on to a dying ship.
                  all you little people cheering for the death of OW. News for you, we ain't going nowhere. We have better coaching, better players and better pathways. Must suck to keep pushing and never get anywhere

Comment

all you little people cheering for the death of OW. News for you, we ain't going nowhere. We have better coaching, better players and better pathways. Must suck to keep pushing and never get anywhere
                    Well we know where we're going
                    But we don't know where we've been
                    And we know what we're knowing
                    But we can't say what we've seen
                    And we're not little children
                    And we know what we want
                    And the future is certain
                    Give us time to work it out
                    Yeah
                    We're on a road to nowhere
                    Come on inside
                    Taking that ride to nowhere
                    We'll take that ride
                    I'm feeling okay this morning
                    And you know
                    We're on the road to paradise
                    Here we go, here we go
                    We're on a ride to nowhere
                    Come on inside
                    Taking that ride to nowhere
                    We'll take that ride
                    Maybe you wonder where you are
                    I don't care
                    Here is where time is on our side
                    Take you there, take you there
                    There's a city in my mind
                    Come along and take that ride
                    And it's alright, baby, it's all right
                    And it's very far away
                    But it's growing day by day and it's all right
                    Baby, it's all right
                    Would you like to come along
                    You can help me sing the song
                    And it's all right, baby, it's all right
                    They can tell you what to do
                    But they'll make a fool of you
                    There's a city in my mind
                    Come along and take that ride
                    And it's alright, baby, it's all right
                    And it's very far away
                    But it's growing day by day and it's all right
                    Baby, it's all right, yeah
                    Would you like to come along
                    You can help me sing the song
                    They can tell you what to do
                    But they'll make a fool of you and it's all right
                    Baby, it's all right

Comment

Yeah, Rick and Dave told us so!

Comment

Wishing? OW is already dead, have been for years on the girls side. You just have a different badge now with a name that's getting sheeted on constantly, not only in CT, but nation wide.

Comment

I’m only cheering against USSF. They were bullies and are failing miserably with this.

Oakwood isn’t going anywhere. They do a nice job and if you live that way it’s a great option.

When GDA goes down which is just a matter of time, they will jump into another league and probably have better numbers. Kids want to play in HS. Giving it up makes no sense

PS it’s go to interesting to see what the National team kids from SS end up doing

Comment

I’m only cheering against USSF. They were bullies and are failing miserably with this.

Oakwood isn’t going anywhere. They do a nice job and if you live that way it’s a great option.

When GDA goes down which is just a matter of time, they will jump into another league and probably have better numbers. Kids want to play in HS. Giving it up makes no sense

PS it’s go to interesting to see what the National team kids from SS end up doing
                            They will get waivers

Comment

Question Man Responds

Wishing? OW is already dead, have been for years on the girls side. You just have a different badge now with a name that's getting sheeted on constantly, not only in CT, but nation wide.
                              And why do you take such enjoyment in this?

Comment

Kids and families are the ones caught in this cesspool. Some clubs like OW too. The really didn't have a choice but to join, but it certainly isn't panning out. They'll find another league to play in.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X